Zootopia 2 is an American 3D computer-animated comedy drama adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film is the sequel to 2016's Zootopia, directed by Byron Howard and Rich Moore and co-directed by Jared Bush. The film features the reprised voices of Jason Bateman, Ginnifer Goodwin, Idris Elba, Nate Torrence and J. K. Simmons, as well as the new voices of Rose Byrne, Jacob Tremblay, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Bill Hader, Allison Janney and Kelsey Grammer.
One year after the first film, Zootopia, the utopian city for anthropomorphic mammals, is in good shape thanks to actions of bunny Judy Hopps and fox Nick Wilde, two officers of the Zootopia Police Department, the latter being a former con artist. Also living in Zootopia is single fox Vicky Todd, one of Zootopia's most trusted journalists, and her optimistic 10-year-old son Christopher.
Zootopia is currently electing its new mayor after what happened the previous year with Mayor Leodore Lionheart and Assistant Mayor Dawn Bellwether. The ZPD is tasked with protecting the candidates from any possible danger. Judy is now promoted to Detective, with Nick still happy with his current position, while Vicky is reporting on the election debates. The three eventually meet, with Judy setting up Nick and Vicky on a date, which they agree to go. The next day, Nick and Vicky go on the date and the two hit it off, much to the excitement of Judy and ZPD dispatcher Benjamin Clawhauser. One day, Nick also reunites with this parents, Nicole and Frank, who are proud of him after he became a cop, but are unaware that he used to be a con artist because he was bullied when he was young for being an untrustworthy fox.
A few weeks later, Nick and Vicky are still happily dating, and the two front-running candidates for Mayor have been chosen: Mrs. Linney and Mr. Trumbo. ZPD police chief Bogo orders for further protection on the candidates during every political event. Judy discovers a criminal plot to take down both candidates. Judy and Bogo begin an investigation on who is involved, while Nick helps with protecting the candidates, even if it means spending less time with Vicky and his parents.
One night, Vicky reveals to Nick that she used to be a bully when she was young and she could never forgive herself for tormenting one student. This lead her to become a journalist and no longer lie to anyone, though she never told anyone but Nick about her story. As a result, Nick opens up to Vicky, and later his parents, about how he was bullied, encouraging Vicky to open up to Christopher and her own father, which she does.
On the day of the official election, Judy finds a clue as to who is involved in the plot and informs the ZPD of it. Nick and other officers are able to arrest most of the criminals involved, except the mastermind. When Vicky realizes what the actual plan is, she informs Nick and the ZPD, and Nick stops an attempted assassination of both candidates. Judy and Bogo successfully apprehend and arrest the mastermind, revealed to be former Mayor Lionheart, who was planning to become Mayor again, believing that he shouldn't have been arrested. Nick is hospitalized and the candidates deny any knowledge of the plot.
Nick quickly recovers from his injuries, being able to spend enough time with Vicky, Christopher, and his parents, while Zootopia celebrates as they welcome Mrs. Linney as the new elected mayor.
- Jason Bateman as Officer Nicholas "Nick" P. Wilde, a red fox who is a member of the Zootopia Poilce Department, and former small-time con artist.
- Rose Byrne as Vicky Todd, a red fox who is one of Zootopia's most trusted journalists, and a troubled single mother.
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Detective Judy Hopps, a European rabbit from Bunnyburrows who is a member of the ZPD.
- Jacob Tremblay as Christopher Todd, Vicky's 10-year-old son.
- Idris Elba as Chief Bogo, a cape buffalo, the police chief of the ZPD's 1st Precinct.
- Nate Torrence as Officer Benjamin Clawhauser, an obese cheetah who works as a dispatcher for the ZPD's 1st Precinct.
- Kate McKinnon as Lana, a pig, Vicky's eccentric best friend and co-worker.
- Leslie Jones as Mrs. Linney, a tiger, one of the front-running candidates.
- Bill Hader as Mr. Trumbo, an elephant, one of the front-running candidates.
- J. K. Simmons as Frank Wilde, Nick's father. Simmons also voices Leodore Lionheart, a lion who was the former Mayor of Zootopia.
- Allison Janney as Nicole Wilde, Nick's mother.
- Kelsey Grammer as Mr. Todd, Vicky's father.