Zachary, Grace and Lexia: Wizardous Murders (2016)
PG-13 | 2h 35min | Animation, Mystery, Comedy | 19 August 2016 (USA)
Grace Bortz and her family investigate murders at a wizardous castle.
Director and Writers
Director: Timur Bekmambetov
Producers: Mark Burnett, Megan Ellison, James Middleton, Anthony Silverston
Writers: Trey Parker, Matt Stone
Peyton List, Cameron Boyce, Karan Brar (see full cast below)
Cast overview, first billed only:
- Peyton List-...-Grace Bortz
- Cameron Boyce-...-Joshua Bortz
- Karan Brar-...-Aaron Bortz
- Skai Jackson-...-Claudia Bortz
- Catherine Taber-...-Cloe Indian
- Jeff Dunham-...-Olivia Indian
- Larry Wilmore-...-Kayla Indian
- Craig Kilborn-...-Alyssa Indian
- Sabrina Carpenter-...-Cleo Bortz
- Jeremy Renner-...-Ropeslinger Indian
Grace Bortz and her family are spending time in a castle until they find a dead body.
Written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone
Genres: Animation | Mystery | Comedy | Romance
Motion Picture Rating (MPAA)
Rated PG-13 for afterviews of killings, brief use of language, sexual material and some violence | See all certifications >>
Parents Guide: View content advisory >>
Release Dates: 19 August 2016 (USA, theatrical release), 22 November 2016 (USA, home release)
- Paramount Pictures (presents)
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) (presents)
- Screen Gems (presents)
- Annapurna Pictures (presents)
- Triggerfish Animation Studios (presents)
- Nickelodeon Movies (presents)
- Bazelevs Company (in association with)
- LStar Capital (in association with)
- Paramount Home Media Distribution (2016) (USA) (DVD)
- Paramount Home Media Distribution (2016) (USA) (Blu-ray)
- The main characters in this film are voiced by the actors who played the Ross kids in Jessie (2011-2015).
- The film has 9 things in common with Ben-Hur (2016):
- Both films released to theaters on August 19, 2016 by Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Both films are directed by Timur Bekmambetov.
- Both films are produced by Mark Burnett.
- Both films have a PG-13 rating.
- Ben-Hur (2016) is rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and disturbing images.
- This film is rated PG-13 for afterviews of killings, brief use of language, sexual material and some violence.
- Both films have the same opening and closing logos for Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Both films were released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Paramount Home Media Distribution.
- Both films have a 12 rating in Germany.
- Both films have a PG13 rating in Singapore.
- Both films have a 12A rating in the UK.
- This is the first romantic Zachary, Grace and Lexia film to be produced by Nickelodeon Movies, the only film in the series to be produced by Bazelevs Company and the last film in the series to be distributed by Screen Gems.
- This film marks the first time in Zachary, Grace and Lexia where characters use the words 'Katrina Total F**king S**tshow' and 'Jesus F**king F**k'.
- This is the only Zachary, Grace and Lexia film to be produced by Mark Burnett, the president of MGM Television and one of the creators of the show.