X-Men: First Class is an 2011 superhero film based on the the X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics, co-produced by Marvel Entertainment and Bad Hat Harry, distributed by 20th Century Fox Directed by Matthew Vanghn and written by David S. Goyer, the film stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Lucas Till Caleb Landry Jones and Nicholas Hoult
The story is set primarily in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and focuses on the relationship between Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Erik Lensherr (Magneto), and the origin of their groups—the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants, respectively.
In 1962, the United States government enlists the help of Mutants with superhuman abilities to stop a malicious dictator who is determined to start World War II.
- James McAvoy as Charles Xavier/ Professor X
- Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/ Magneto
- Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert
- Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/ Mystique
- Nicholas Hoult as Dr. Hank McCoy/ Beast
- Caleb Landry Jones as Sean Cassidy/Banshee
- Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok
- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw
- Jason Flyming as Azazel