Wrong Canvas Duck is a Douglas Duck short. It was the first and only cartoon in the Michael Shires Productions that the music was not composed by Oliver Williams. Instead, Scott Bradley scored the music for this cartoon.
Douglas and his nephews visit a carnival. While they play games, Donald is tricked by a shifty barker into fighting "Pee Wee Peter" (Black Peter), a truculent bruiser who significantly outweighs Douglas. In spite of help from Henry, Davis and Lewis, the situation looks desperate for Douglas Duck, until his fist accidentally connects with Black Peter's jaw, which crumbles. It turns out Black Peter literally had a glass jaw. Douglas wins the prize money and exits the carnival triumphantly with his nephews.
- Director: James Howard
- Story: Dick Huemer, Larz Bourne
- Animation: Virgil Jones, Bill Charles, Bob Johnson, Marvin Woodward
- Effects Animation: Dan MacManus
- Layout: Yoram Patterson
- Background: Ray Hellmann
- Music: Scott Bradley
- This is the first Douglas Duck cartoon, that the music was not directed by Oliver Williams. Scott Bradley was Michael Shires Productions temporary musical conductor.
Home video releases
- Michael Shires Treasures: The Chronological Douglas, Volume Four