Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit トレーナー, Wii Fit Trainer) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. In Super Smash Bros. 4, she was revealed at E3 on June 11th, 2013. A male version of Wii Fit Trainer was revealed in a Director's Room Miiverse post on October 31st, 2013, which also commemorated the release date of the trial version of Wii Fit U. The male Wii Fit Trainer was later confirmed to be an alternate costume during a Super Smash Bros. Direct on April 8th, 2014. She was also among the first wave of amiibo compatible with Super Smash Bros. 4. Unlike a majority of the characters, Wii Fit Trainer has different voice actors depending on the region. The voice actors of each region's female or male trainers respectively are as follows:
- In American English: October Moore/Steve Heinke
- In British English: Tania Emery/Luke Smith
- In Japanese: Hitomi Hirose/Tomoyuki Higuchi
- In French: Corinne Kempa/François Anseaume (dialogue), Christophe Hespel (grunts)
- In American Spanish: Isabela Arevalo/Horacio Mancilla
- In Spanish: Pilar Orti/Javier Fernandez Peña
- In Italian: Lara Parmiani/Giovanni Loto
- In German: Sylvia St. John/Michael Hulsmann
- However, the Portuguese, Dutch and Russian versions of SSB4 also use their British English voices.
The female trainer who helps you in the Wii Fit series. She favors a fighting style composed of yoga poses. This makes her a capable close-quarters fighter, but she has ranged attacks as well. She also has a move called Deep Breathing, which can heal you and increase attack power if timed right.
- Wii Fit Trainer is the only character who uses her standard artwork while appearing on the boxart for both versions of SSB4. All other characters that appear on the boxart display unique poses.
- Wii Fit Trainer and Lucario are the only characters in SSB4 who are uniquely associated with a particular effect. In her case, she is associated with the solar effect, thanks to Sun Salutation.
- Altogether, Wii Fit Trainer has 17 voice actors across both genders and all languages, the most out of any character in SSB4.
- When disregarding Smash Taunt voice actors, Wii Fit Trainer is the only character in the entire series to have two different English voices for each gender. There is one British voice (for each gender) and one American voice.
- In the North American release, although both Wii Fit Trainers typically speak in North American accents, the voice that appears in the background of Wii Fit Studio (the female one only) speaks in a British accent when she says, "Now, return to your original position." This was fixed in update 1.1.1.
- Oddly, the male Wii Fit Trainer's voice in North American versions of SSB4 uses a reverberating echo during his Final Smash, instead of the smooth echo effect used by the female Wii Fit Trainer and every other character.
- Wii Fit Trainer is the only character to occasionally speak full sentences when using her smash attacks. She can say up to three sentences for each smash attack.
- Oddly, if a battle is quit or won while Wii Fit Trainer is speaking, such as during one of her taunts or smash attacks, she can still be heard even over the announcer. She shares this trait with Bayonetta.
- Wii Fit Trainer's general usage of exercises and yoga poses also extends to her prone/supine, air dodge, sidestep, roll, crouch, crawl, teeter, edge hang, dash attack (while holding a battering item) and screen KO's animations.
- Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game & Watch, Bayonetta and Mega Man (albeit only while using his Mega Buster) are the only characters in SSB4 to have different charging sound effects for their smash attacks, with her smash attacks charging with the blow of a whistle. This is a reference to exercises in Wii Fit beginning and ending with a whistle being blown.
- Of all the characters who have male and female variants, Wii Fit Trainer is the only one who is female by default.
- Additionally, Wii Fit Trainer is the only one without a different name in Japan.
- Wii Fit Trainer and Wario are the only characters who can heal themselves without the help of another character and/or when items are not made available; Wii Fit Trainer does so through Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing, while Wario does so via Chomping his own Wario Bike.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|