Urban Legends is a horror anthology Netflix 10-episode web miniseries created by The Duffer Brothers, the creators of the popular science fiction horror web television series Stranger Things. It was released in October 31, 2020.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Cast
- 3 List of episodes
Ten episodes about ten urban legends that are true to be told: "Bloody Mary", "The Unwilling Donor", "The Vanishing Hitchhiker", "The Spider Bite", "The Hook", "The Candy Bar With a Razor Blade", "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board", "The Calls Are Coming from Inside the House", "Black-Eyed Children", and "Pop Rocks and Soda".
- Kiana Ledé as Mary "Bloody Mary" Christine Stewart, a ghost of a mentally ill woman with a bipolar disorder who was sent to the insane asylum for killing people by stabbing them and gouging people's eyes out on Halloween 1989. She killed not only a lot of workers by doing the same thing like she died with the people she killed on Halloween, but also herself from slitting her palms with a knife.
- Alexa Nisenson as Josephine Randolph, one of the girls who were at a sleepover in 1991 who played Bloody Mary. She is Bloody Mary's first victim.
- Mallory James Mahoney as Helen Bolton, one of the girls who were at a sleepover in 1991 who played Bloody Mary.
- Kitana Turnbull as Brianna Hancock, one of the girls who were at a sleepover in 1991 who played Bloody Mary.
- Trinitee Stokes as Zoey Sawyer, one of the girls who were at a sleepover in 1991 who played Bloody Mary.
- Asher Angel as Joseph Vincent, a teenage boy at a Halloween party in Halloween 1994 who is forced to play Bloody Mary when he chooses "dare" during a game of Truth or Dare.
- Sydney Mikayla as Isabella Williams, Joseph's girlfriend.
- Terrell Ransom Jr. as Arthur Foster, one of Joseph's friends.
- Brighton Sharbino as Irene Adkins, one of Joseph and Isabella's friends who dares him to play Bloody Mary at a Halloween party.
The Unwilling Donor
- Christina Ricci as Katherine "The Unwilling Donor" Barrett, a ghost of a woman who died from having her kidney taken away in a bathtub full of ice.
The Vanishing Hitchhiker
- Milo Manheim as Callum Quinn, a young man who finds out that Martha is actually a ghost.
- Mackenzie Foy as Martha Jones, a ghost of a hitchhiking woman who died in 1964 from an auto accident. He picked up Martha from the gas station, gave her his jacket and goes inside her house. When her mother told Callum that Martha died, he puts his jacket out of her house and puts the jacket into her grave.
- TBA as TBA Jones, Martha's mother.
The Spider Bite
- Josie Totah as Taylor Bennett, a girl who finds a mysterious bump on her cheek, which has tiny spiders inside.
- Jennifer Garner as Diane Bennett, Taylor's mother.
- Jacob Hopkins as Lucas "Luke" Peterson, a teenage boy who falls for Sophie.
- Jessica Belkin as Sophie Duke, Luke's girlfriend.
- Adam Driver as The Hook
The Candy Bar With a Razor Blade
- Maya Le Clark as Teagan Kaufman, a girl who went trick-or-treating on Halloween and was killed by a razor inside a candy bar.
- Wyatt Oleff as Alexander "Alex" Kaufman, Teagan's older brother and the younger twin brother of Sigourney.
- Isabella Revel as Sigourney Kaufman, Teagan's older sister and the older twin sister of Alex.
- Max Greenfield as Peter Kaufman, Sigourney, Alexander and Teagan's father.
- Eliza Dushku as Miranda Kaufman, Sigourney, Alexander and Teagan's mother.
Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board
- Sadie Sink as Natasha Foster, one of the girls who played Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. She noticed that it was either a friend of theirs has levitation powers or they had telekinetic powers.
- Mohana Krishnan as Chhaya Chitanis, one of the girls who played Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. She noticed that it was either a friend of theirs has levitation powers or they had telekinetic powers.
- Skai Jackson as Irene Novak, one of the girls who played Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. She noticed that it was either a friend of theirs has levitation powers or they had telekinetic powers.
- Grace Kaufman as Jenna Cross, one of the girls who played Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. She noticed that it was either a friend of theirs has levitation powers or they had telekinetic powers.
- Cree Cicchino as Amanda Martinez, one of the girls who played Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. She noticed that it was either that she has levitation powers or her friends had telekinetic powers.
The Calls Are Coming from Inside the House
- Francesca Capaldi as Jillian Watkins, a young babysitter who is stalked by a caller.
- Caitlin Reagan as Rhonda Gallagher, a young girl whom Jillian is babysitting.
- James Franco as The Caller, a man who calls Jillian and admits to her that the calls were, in fact, coming from inside the house.
The Black-Eyed Children
- Freddie Prinze Jr. as Detective Frederick Turner, a detective who looks for the black-eyed children.
- Asher Morrissette, Mia Allan, Ella Allan, Charlie Townsend, Kue Lawrence, Kingston Foster, Paxton Booth, Ana Sophia Heger, Brock Brenner and Madeleine McGraw as the Black-Eyed Children
Pop Rocks and Soda
- Benjamin Flores Jr. as Jeremy Ramsey, a teenage boy who notices that pop rocks and soda can kill people.
- Quvenzhané Wallis as Cameron Ramsey, Jeremiah's sister.
- Julian Dennison as Sawyer McBride, Jeremy's friend who is dead after he ate pop rocks and drank soda.
List of episodes
- "Bloody Mary" - A mixed-race woman named Mary is killed in 1989 and comes back as a vengeful spirit. She started appearing on mirrors and reflections in bathrooms during Halloween parties and sleepovers when someone says her name three times. In 1991, a group of girls prank a young girl into playing Bloody Mary, until strange hauntings occur. On Halloween 1994, Joseph was frightened by a horrifying prank that backfired while he was summoning Bloody Mary.
- "The Unwilling Donor" - Something strange is happening when a woman has her kidney stolen while in a bathtub full of ice in 1973.
- "The Vanishing Hitchhiker" - A teenage boy gives a beautiful young girl a ride, but on the next day, when an old lady told him that her daughter died in 1965, he must solve the mystery.
- "The Spider Bite" - In 1999, young teenager finds a spider bite on her cheek, but something strange is happening: the bite grows bigger.
- "The Hook" - In 1957, a teenage couple is stalked by a man with a hook hand.
- "The Candy Bar With a Razor Blade" - On Halloween night, a young girl discovers a "Just take one" bowl and takes it. When she eats it, her mouth bleeds and there is a razor blade inside. The parents of the young girl must find out if strange things were happening.
- "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board" - In 1997, three teenage girls play Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board, but strange things happen: one of the girls is floating. They wonder if they either have telekinetic powers or one of them has the power to levitate.
- "The Calls Are Coming from Inside the House" - In 1986, babysitter is calling a person whose calls were coming from inside the house.
- "The Black-Eyed Children" - In 1976, detective discovers that black-eyed children were everywhere.
- "Pop Rocks and Soda" - In 2002, teenage boy is cautious when he fears that eating pop rocks and drinking soda will cause someone to die.