Untitled Silent Sequel is a 2021 American psychological thriller film directed by David Fincher. This film stars Partick Wilson and Anya Taylor-Joy with Christoph Waltz, Rosamund Pike, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teresa Palmer, Julianne Moore, Juliette Lewis and Mark Hamill.
Detective Jason Bennett tries to move on 2 years after the first film's events but a tragedy torn apart his friendships forever and results a deadly revenge before the appearance of his and Anna's father makes things complicated.
- Partick Wilson as Detective Jason Bennett
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Anna Havelock
- Christoph Waltz as Frank Carlson, Anna's biological father
- TBA as Young Frank Carlson (age 38)
- Rosamund Pike as Detective Kelly Hughes
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Detective Leon Willis (recasting the role from Chadwick Boseman)
- Teresa Palmer as Bailey Patterson
- Julianne Moore as Captain Jenna Carlson, NYPD captain, Frank's wife and Jack's mother
- Juliette Lewis as Eliza Parker
- Mark Hamill as Lloyd Bennett, Jason's father and Bailey, Sophie, Jane and George's grandfather
- Jeremy Renner as Young Lloyd Bennett (age 38)
- Stacy Martin as Bethany Parker
- Jaeden Lieberher as Jack Carlson, Frank and Jenna's 14 years old son and Anna's half brother
- Rose McIver as Sophie Dawson, Jason's niece and Bailey, Jane and George's cousin.
- Warren Kole as Detective Pierce Harding, Kelly's brother and Jane, George and Oliver's uncle
- Laura Harrier as Detective Deborah Adams
- Timothée Chalamet as David Carlson, Anna's long lost twin brother and who never talking and stuffers schizophrenia. His father keep him hiding in the cellar to protect him from outside world.
- Tika Sumpter as Megan Willis
- Kelli Giddish as Susan Bennett, Lloyd's deceased wife and Jason's mother who was killed 28 years ago
- Melina Kanakaredes as Candice Dawson, Jason's sister and Sophie's mother who send Sophie to live with her uncle because her bad behaviour at Atlanta.
- Ursula Parker as Jane Hughes
- Jacob Tremblay as George Hughes
- Jaden Piner as Theo Willis
- Billie Lourd as Rebecca Havelock
Lloyd tells Anna that he killed Jason's mother
- (Lloyd puts his mouth on Anna and holds the knife at Anna's neck)
- Lloyd: Shhh! Don't make a sound.
- (Anna in worried face)
- Lloyd: Anna, I can explain. It was accident. I killed her, I killed the woman I love. Because of Bailey. I knew Eliza was pregnant. I never told Susan or Jason but Susan knew the truth after she found a photo of Bailey.
- (Flashback start)
- (Susan hold a photo of baby Bailey)
- Lloyd (voice): I kept that photo for years, I never knew the baby's name but I kept it. But one night, Susan found out the truth.
- (Young Lloyd walks into the bedroom)
- Young Lloyd: Susan.
- Susan: Is this child yours?
- Young Lloyd: What? No?
- Susan: Don't you fucking dare!
- Young Lloyd: I am telling you the truth.
- Susan: Listen to this.
- Susan (reading the letter): This is the only photo you see your own blood, Violet.
- Susan: Did you and Violet Parker has a child?
- Young Lloyd: No!
- Susan: What? Tell me!
- Young Lloyd: Eliza. Eliza got pregnant and has Jason's child.
- Susan: My grandchild.
- Young Lloyd: Me and Violet kept Eliza's pregnancy secret to protect our kids. Violet moved away with Eliza to keep her safe.
- Susan: What about the child?
- Young Lloyd: I don't know.
- Susan: I got a grandchild that me and Jason never knew, you kept it as a FUCKING SECRET!!!!
- Young Lloyd: I didn't wanted anybody else know the pregnancy.
- (Susan walks away)
- (Young Lloyd follows Susan upstairs)
- Young Lloyd: Susan, where are you going?
- Susan: I am going to found Jason and tell him that he got a child.
- (Young Lloyd grabs Susan in the hair)
- Young Lloyd: I am not letting Jason lost everything he got. He almost lost it once, I am not risking it AGAIN!!!
- Susan: GET OFF!!!!
- (Young Lloyd push Susan down the stairs)
- (Big thud sound)
- Lloyd (voice): I didn't mean to hurt her, I was only stopping her from exposed the truth.
- (Susan's dead body lying down)
- (Young Lloyd runs downstairs and gasp)
- Young Lloyd: Sus... Susan...
- (Young Lloyd feels Susan's neck)
- Young Lloyd: No....
- (Young Lloyd whimper and start to cry as he grabs the photo of Baby Bailey and the letter, hide it in his pocket and runs outside and get on the car and drive the car)
- (Scene change with Young Lloyd buried the letter)
- Lloyd (voice): I buried the letter but I couldn't burn the photo. That was my own memory of her.
- (Young Lloyd kisses the photo of Baby Bailey and drive back into his car)
- Lloyd (voice): I went back but when I went inside, I found Jason with his mother's body.
- (Young Jason cries, holding his mother's dead body)
- (Young Lloyd in shocked face)
- (Flashback end)
- Lloyd: I didn't tell Jason the truth, Bailey and what I did to his mother.
- (Lloyd look at Anna)
- Lloyd: Anna, if Jason know, it will destroy him. But I am not risking it with you. Come on.
- (Lloyd and Anna walks away together with serious music)
- Jaeden Lieberher and Jacob Tremblay appears 2017 film The Book of Henry.
- Patrick Wilson and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II appears 2018 film Aquaman.
- Director David Fincher admits he wasn't too sure his decision about recasting Leon Willis following Chadwick Boseman's tragic death in 2020 but quickly sticks his decision when casing Yahya Abdul-Mateen II for the role. Despite his huge worries, David describe Yahya as a perfect role and has a perfect chemistry with his co-stars.
- 129 minutes long.
- Rated R for disturbing violent content throughout, sexual content, graphic nudity and language.
- 18 certificate
- It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures and produced by New Line Cinema, Village Roadshow Pictures, Blumhouse Productions and Weed Road Pictures.
- It will release on November 25, 2021 (UK) and November 26, 2021 (US)