This is the transcript of the upcoming 2020 film, Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- [The film starts with the Universal Pictures, Mattel Creations, Jam Filled Toronto, Paramount Pictures, Columbia Pictures, and Warner Bros. Pictures logos]
In Association With
WARNER BROS. PICTURES
JAM FILLED TORONTO
A Film By
- Adult Lily Stone: [flips a page of a memory book when pictures of her and Patch] Here's dad and I when we first met.
- Adult Patch: Hi there. [Lily notices Patch approaching with his horse and their dog, Jeff]
- Lily and Burnett's daughter: Hi daddy, mom's gonna tell us a story.
- Lily and Burnett's son: Is Thomas a lost engine in this story?
- Adult Lily Stone: [flips the next page] Yes. There's Bluebird, and grandpa Burnett. [narrating] It all began, when I lived with my mom and dad in the big city. I saw magic no one else has time to; like lovely reflections of light on a rainy day. Soon, I was off to stay with my grandpa on Muffle Mountain.
- Lily: Grandpa's been so sad since Grandma Tasha died, and he never comes here to see us.
- Mrs. Stone: Well, maybe your visit will cheer him up. Did you get his present?
- Lily: Here. I'm making him a friendship bracelet.
- Mrs. Stone: Honey, that's beautiful.
- Lily: But I'd rather just stay here with you.
- Mrs. Stone: I know. Come here. [she and Lily hug]
- Lily: I'm gonna go up this way. [climbs up a ladder]
- Mrs. Stone: Okay. Be careful.
- Lily: You always say that.
- Mrs. Stone: See you in a minute. [goes inside a house]
- Lily: [holds out her toy bird] You're coming with me to Grandpa's, Bluebird. I know how much you like to travel.
- [Cut to Burnett Stone's house on Muffle Mountain]
- Adult Lily: [narrating] The Magic Railroad is beautiful as imagined by Burnett Stone, my grandfather, and was operated by Lady, the lost steam engine at Muffle Mountain. I believe that most folks, like yourselves, understand that on a train journey, great adventure may never be very far away and that long after the sound of a train whistle has vanished, it's romance will be safe in every human heart, whatever age, whatever the time… [cut to a mysterious biker named P.T. Boomer, who brings in a box of explosives. A golden retriever-poodle mixed dog named Mutt growls at him] A little I knew that a man named Boomer was determined to discovery the secret. [Boomer puts away his explosives, Mutt barks at him, and he drives away on a motorcycle] And if he succeeded, he would destroy the precious universe.
More to be added
- Edward: I know how much you are needed in this holiday, sir. I'll get us there as soon as we can.
More to be added
as Mr. Conductor
ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Adult Lily: Hello, I'm Lily Stone. And I'm here to tell you a story about trains; folks who were far apart; and a magic railroad that brought them together…as they were meant to be. [Thomas comes out of the tunnel, whistling] Every story, like a railroad, has its heroes. Meet Thomas.
- Thomas the Tank Engine: Hello. [whistling]
- Adult Lily: [narrating] This is where he and his friends live: the Island of Sodor. [fade into Knapford Station with all the engines]
- Gordon the Big Engine: Good morning.
- James the Red Engine: Hello, Thomas.
- Thomas: Hello, James; Nia.
- Nia: Good morning, everybody.
- Thomas: Morning, Percy. Hey, wake up.
- Adult Lily: [narrating] And if you have the imagination, which I'd think you do, you know why.
- Gordon: [waits at the station] 5, 6, 7, 8…
- Thomas: [pulls up besides Gordon] Who do we appreciate? Practicing your numbers, Gordon? That's a good engine.
- Gordon: I'm counting how many seconds late you are. What does that sign say?
- Thomas: Hmm… [reads the sign] "Sodor Railway, really reliable and right on time." See?
- Gordon: But you weren't on time, little Thomas.
- Thomas: And you're being bossy, Gordon. [Gordon scoffs again] Now, please excuse me. I'm meeting Mr. Conductor. He's taking care of us, as Sir Topham Hatt takes a very important holiday.
- Gordon: Oh, I think we can take care of ourselves.
- Diesel 10: [suddenly roars through the station, surprising Thomas and scaring Gordon] OUTTA THE WAY!
- Gordon: Oh, who in the name of Sodor is that?!
- Diesel 10: I have unfinished business here, and I wanna finish it FAST!! And I'll make this a better railway, not you! It'll be better for me! [thunders through Henry's Tunnel]
- Thomas: I call him Diesel 10. 10 out of 10 for devious deeds and brutal strength. He is the blast from the past and he hates steam engines.
- Gordon: You're right, little Thomas…maybe we do need Mr. Conductor here after all. On time!
- [Scene cuts to the mountainsides that lead to Shining Time]
- Adult Lily: [narrating] Mr. Conductor knows Thomas well. The Island of Sodor is one end of Mr. Conductor's universe. At the other end across oceans of time, up and over Muffle Mountain where grandpa lives is Shining Time. The confidential railroad hidden deep in a valley. The place Mr. Conductor calls home.
- [The song Shining Time plays like it does in the real movie as we get a glimpse of Shining Time Station]
- Patch: There, Mutt. Paint job's finished. I reckon Shining Time's the best of any welcome sign in our valley. [Mutt barks] Well, I'm glad you agree. Your master's old map sure helped a lot. [Mutt barks again] He's on his way back now, is he? You hear that train whistle sooner then it hears itself. Come on.
- [The Rainbow Sun runs through the valley with Billy Twofeathers waving to children in the field. Boomer on his motorcycle crosses the level dirt road in front of the Rainbow Sun, startling Billy to stop the train. Billy walks up next to Patch and Mutt and looks at the poster]
- Billy Twofeathers: Fine work, Patch.
- Patch: Thanks, Billy. And oh, I've been looking at your map. What are these mysterious shadowy lines doing on it? They look like straight railroad tracks but I can't see any tracks around here except for the ones that you travel on.
- Billy: It's a mystery which makes this land so…
- Patch: Magical? [Billy points to him with agreement] Well, I'd better be off to Muffle Mountain. I promised Mr. Stone that I'd clean his yard today.
- Billy: Does Burnett Stone ever give you a smile?
- Patch: [jumping up on the saddle and patting his horse on the saddle] No, but he doesn't frighten my horse either. Which I don't think he's a bad man. I think he's just…sad. [rides off with his horse]
- [Scene cuts to Muffle Mountain cottage]
- Adult Lily: [narrating] Nobody in the valley knew that in Muffle Mountain, there was a secret that Burnett shared only with Tasha.
- Young Burnett: One day, Tasha, I'm going to drive this engine and I'll take you with me.
- Tasha: Promise me you will, Burnett. Promise.
- Young Burnett: I promise.
- [Scene closes up to how Lady looks]
- Adult Lily: [narrating] This engine was vital to the magic that these worlds together, but only Burnett knew that.
- [As Billy and Mutt walk up to the platform, Boomer is waiting for them]
- P.T. Boomer: You're Billy Twofeathers.
- Billy: [looks at Boomer calmly] You're P.T. Boomer. You left this valley a long time ago. You've nearly caused an accident.
- Boomer: Now I'm back. How is Burnett Stone? Where is he?
- Billy: Wherever he wants to be…
- Boomer: Playing innocent like the rest of this town. I'll find him.
- Billy: There is innocence here. Don't mess with it. [Boomer scoffs and looks at flowers, taking a swing at one of them and walking away]
- [Next scene cuts to Shining Time Station where the phone rings and Stacy Jones picks it up]
- Stacy Jones: Hello. Shining Time Station. Manager Stacy Jones speaking. Oh, yes. The 10:15 from Pelican Falls to Shining Time is right on schedule. You're welcome. [bell rings] At 10:00 to Lucy's Leap is leaving now. [boy rolls car at Stacy's desk as Billy walks in] Oh, Billy. I found this child's drawing in an old locker in the lost and found. Look at the signature, Billy. Burnett Stone. [chuckling] It's hard to believe Burnett could ever have looked that happy.
- Billy: Well, Burnett had a wonderful smile. And he loved railroading too. [handing Stacy the broken flowers] Here, Stacy. These flowers got knocked out of their basket. Maybe some water will help them live longer.
- Stacy: Why are they broken?
- Billy: Because P.T. Boomer's back, and he doesn't believe in magic.
- [Mutt comes in next to Billy and barks as Mr. Conductor arrives from his mini-house by gold dust]
- Billy: Hello, Mr. Conductor.
- Mr. Conductor: Hello, Billy. [sings Thomas tune as he locks his house] Tool kit? Check. Ticket puncher? Check-check. Aye-aye-aye-aye-aye…all aboard! Just testing, Billy. Mustn't let my conducting skills get rusty.
- Billy: Important day, Mr. C?
- Mr. C: It is a very important day! I'm going to the Island of Sodor. It's the only place in my universe where I fit in size-wise. Sir Topham Hatt has given me a big responsibility. Diesel 10 is back, and I have to make sure he behaves himself. Excuse me, Billy.
- Billy: I hope your visit goes well. [leaves]
- Mr. C: Thank you. [to himself] I must be responsible, reliable and…don't tell me. Really useful. I knew that.
- [Cut back to Thomas steaming across the viaduct]
- Thomas: What does Diesel 10 mean by "unfinished business"? Ooh. There's sure to be trouble right around the corner.
- James: [a fly buzzes in front of him] Sandal, fly! Boot, fly! Shoo, fly! [Thomas shows up] That's it! Oh, better still? Buzz off!
- Thomas: [hits the buffers too hard] Botheration!
- James: You weren't concentrating, Thomas. Lucky for you that the buffers were there.
- Thomas: That's what buffers are for - to stop engines from crashing. Wait, what are you doing in the sheds, James?
- James: I'm feeling a little blue, which isn't so hot when you're red. My wheels feel quite worn out from work, and I was naughty that Sir Topham Hatt told me to think about all the ways I can be really useful. When I have, I could come out again.
- Thomas: He's just trying to make this a better railway for steam engines. [James notices Diesel 10] Sir Topham Hatt says the harder we work, the less he'll need Diesels to help.
- Diesel 10: Help you? [chortles] You'll always need help. Because steam engines are cowardly, cranky, worn out hunks of metals who couldn't hurt a fly.
- James: [scoffs] No, we're not!
- Diesel 10: Yes, you are!
- James: Aren't!
- Diesel 10: Are! I've come back to dominate you and to destroy her! When I'm done with my plan, you'll be nothing but useless…SCRAP!
- James: GRRR!! [Diesel 10 laughs and leaves] Big bully!!
- Thomas: You won't dominate us, and you won't destroy her. We won't let you. Neither will Mr. Conductor.
- James: Who's her?
- Mr. C: [uses his sparkle to teleport to Stacy's desk where she smiles and waves at him] I'm sorry, what did you say? [a goldfish gurgles] Oh, why thank you, Moby Dick. I like my sparkle too. You know, gold really is your color. [the fish gurgles back at him before a boy takes him away and Mr. Conductor walks to Stacy, looking at the painting on her desk] Stacy, where did you find this painting?
- Stacy: In an old locker. It was done by Burnett Stone when he was a child. I was told that he used to work on this railroad but he never leaves the other side of the mountain now. You seem puzzled, Mr. Conductor.
- Mr. C: Well, I am puzzled. This place looks like the Island of Sodor, but how would Burnett travel there without gold dust? Sparkle's been the only way to make the trip since the lost engine disappeared. Anyway, I just came to say goodbye. I have to go now.
- Stacy: Right now?
- Mr. C: Why, yes, Stacy. I have to make sure that everything is safe and sound on the Island of Sodor just like I do here. [whistles and disappears in gold dust]
- [Billy jumps onto the train with Mutt watching him]
- Adult Lily: [narrating] Like Stacy, Mutt sensed danger. He didn't want either Mr. Conductor or his master Billy to leave Shining Time.
- [Mutt barks at Billy as he gives him a thumbs up and drives the train away. In the town next to Shining Time, Boomer is flipping through newspapers and finds Burnett's location]
- Boomer: Burnett Stone - Muffle Mountain. [chuckles wickedly]
- [Scene cuts back to outside Mr. C's house where he points to his train portrait]
- Mr. C: Old Smokey, you stay there right there until I get back. [looks back to see Mutt] Ah, there you are. Is something wrong here? [Mutt groans] Now what kind of an answer is that? [looks at his watch] I'm gonna be late. I'll get back as fast as I can. I have to concentrate now, Mutt. I'm simply having problems with my sparkle. [Mutt whimpers] Mutt? [looks closer to him as he gives out a slight groan] Goodbye, Mutt. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle! [blows his whistle and disappears into gold dust; Mutt whimpers again]
- Thomas: [looking for Mr. C] Mr. Conductor, where are you? I know you live far away, but you always seem to get here on time. [Mr. C appears from gold dust right in front of Thomas] Mr. Conductor! Are you all right?
- Mr. C: Yes, Thomas. But sometimes everything seems to happen at once. I need to see Sir Topham Hatt to get my orders right away. The journey from Shining Time gets bumpier and bumpier.
- Thomas: Does it?
- Mr. C: [sparkles into his cab] Of course.
- Thomas: I forgot to tell you, the no good big bully Diesel 10 has arrived, Mr. Conductor. You'd better be careful.
- Mr. C: [looks out of Thomas' cab] Sir Topham Hatt warned me about Diesel. Don't worry, Thomas. I'll just pop in and out with my sparkle wherever he goes and keep him in order. I hope.
- [The scene cuts to Diesel 10 with Splatter and Dodge by the carved boulder at the quarry, when Diesel 10 is admiring himself on a rock]
- Diesel 10: Wow, this really captures the real me. That's beautiful. I could cry.
- Splatter: Um, boss.
- Dodge: Yeah, we're here.
- Diesel 10: Um, alright. Listen, you two! Um, I've got a job for you, Splodge.
- Splatter: Uh, actually it's Sp-platter.
- Dodge: A-and Dodge.
- Diesel 10: I ain't got time to say both names!
- Splatter: Uh-huh.
- Dodge: Oh, well.
- Diesel 10: I've arrived here to find a steam engine.
- Splatter: Oh, that's easy.
- Dodge: Yeah, they're everywhere.
- Devious Diesel: [in the shadows] Not the one he wants. [pulls in slowly] He's been looking for her for a while and last time he checked she escaped some biker. As long as she exists, so do the others. But if she can be destroyed…
- Splatter: Did you say destroyed?
- Dodge: D word.
- Splatter: You mean, like, hurt?
- Diesel 10: Yeah, destroyed!
- Splatter: Oh, well there's one small problem there, boss.
- Dodge: Mr. Conductor's coming back. He won't let you destroy her.
- Diesel 10: I can do whatever I want!! I'll get him too!! [growls and brings out his claw, "Pinchy", which bumps on him] Ooh, Pinchy, I hate it when you do that!
- [Splatter and Dodge laugh and Diesel groans with disgust]
- Adult Lily: [Gordon and Henry pass by each other and whistle] Far away on Sodor, the engines were cheerful, confident and determined not to be bullied by Diesel. Only James, who now felt very useful too, was complaining.
- James: Wobbly wheels!
- Thomas: Puffy pistons!
- James: Thomas, you shouldn't have collected Mr. Conductor, I should've!
- Emily: Calm down, James. All of us have gotten to collect Mr. Conductor at some point.
- Gordon: [backs into view between Thomas and James] James is right, little Thomas. Collecting Mr. Conductor is an important job. Important is big. James is a big engine, hmm?
- James: Hmm!
- Gordon: You, Thomas, are small. Small, small, small. Teenie, weenie, weenie. And as for me, well, I'm a big blue engine who knows everything.
- Emily: Gordon, just leave him alone.
- Gordon: Pah. Emily, you always make friends with those tiny engines.
- Thomas: Bossy sprockets! All that steam has gone into your funnel! [puffs back and bumps the trucks too hard]
- [Diesel along with Splatter and Dodge chuff in front of the works shed and watch the engines]
- Diesel: Oh, there they are. Yeah, we'll fetch their wagons.
- Splatter: I'm not good at backing up.
- Dodge: Me, neither.
- [Scene cuts to Henry, Toby and Percy who confer with Thomas and James]
- Toby: Stop squabbling, all of you. What's important is to stand up on our own wheels to Diesel.
- Henry: Toby's right. Diesel knows that the lost engine in the legend really exists, but it was a great history.
- Percy: What legend?
- Henry: Of an engine that has magic that will make her more powerful than Diesel will ever be. That's why he wants to destroy her.
- Percy: Then we'd better find her first.
- James: [comes out of the shed] Leave it to the big engines, Percy!
- Thomas: But, little Engines can do big things, too.
- [Scene cuts to Sir Topham Hatt's office]
- Mr. C: [reading a letter, as Sir Topham Hatt] "Dear Mr. Conductor. Where were you? My wife said she couldn't miss our little holiday. We'll telephone to make sure you have arrived. Signed, Sir Topham Hatt." [quietly] Sir Topham Hatt. [removes his hat and puts on Sir Topham Hatt's hat, and looks in a mirror; imitating Sir Topham Hatt] Where were you? [laughs and looks at the picture of Sir Topham Hatt, who looks angry; Mr. C takes off the hat, and then he looks at the picture of Sir Topham Hatt, who has an open mouth, and as he places it back, the picture of Sir Topham Hatt returns to smiling again, then the phone rings and Mr. C dives for the phone, almost drops the photo of Lady Hatt, but grabs it, and answers the phone]
- Sir Topham Hatt: Hello?
- Mr. C: Oh, good afternoon, sir! A real honor, sir...like my family before me, and how is Lady Hatt? [puts Lady Hatt's portrait back on the desk]
- Sir Topham Hatt: Very nice, we have a great vacation, now do you remember what I said while I was gone on my holiday?
- Mr. C: Watch out for Diesel definitely.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Right.
- Mr. C: Keep an eye on Henry's health, certainly.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Okay, do you know of the three R-s?
- Mr. C: Yes, sir. The three R-s: reading, writing and arithmetics.
- Sir Topham Hatt: What?
- Mr. C: I mean, I will be responsible… reliable… and really useful.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Okay now, just remember those, you got it?
- Mr. C: Yes, sir, we will all get a good night's rest, and looking forward to a hard day tomorrow.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Alright, I'll see you when I call you back. Goodbye!
- Mr. C: Goodbye, sir. [they hang up on each other]
- [Nighttime on Sodor. Thomas, Percy, Rebecca, James, Gordon, Nia and Emily are lined up in their berths and asleep in Tidmouth Sheds. Mr. C has his mattress set up right next to Thomas' berth. He yawns as he gets ready for bed. He picks up his alarm clock, sets it and puts it on a counter. He then picks up a bat, chuckling]
- Mr. C: So who dropped the ball then? [a ball bounces at him] There you are. [bounces the ball and starts talking to himself, using both objects as something to talk to] I'd like to have a nice cup of cocoa. Would you fellas care to join me? [puts his ear to the ball] No? What would you rather do instead? [puts his ear to the ball] Go outside and play? Well, I can understand that. What do you think? [turns to the bat which he uses to hit the ball] Why do you keep hitting him like that? You really need a big timeout. [throws the bat away before preparing a cup of cocoa. Diesel 10 cackles outside, lurking up to Tidmouth Sheds. Inside the sheds, Mr. C takes a sip of cocoa] Just a little sweeter, I think. [adds more sugar to the cup]
- Diesel 10: [lurks up next to Thomas' berth] Things are gonna change around here, puffball. But first, its time for my little bucket of badness to feast itself. [aims Pinchy at the shed]
- Mr. C: [takes another sip of cocoa] Ah. Now that's better.
- [Diesel 10 uses Pinchy to start tearing the side of the shed, causing Mr. C to groan back in surprise and the engines to wake up in surprise. He takes his nightcap off and puts his conductor on, falling back again]
- James: Oh, d-d-d-dear, dear, me!
- Nia: Whoa! What's happening?
- Thomas: Cinders and ashes, it's Diesel 10!
- Gordon: Diesel 10?! Oh, no! Huh?! Hmm?! [Diesel 10 cackles evilly] Ooh!
- Emily: Oh, this is so bad!
- Diesel 10: Hello, Twinkle Toes. I got a plan and you're not in it!
- Mr. C: You can't catch me, Diesel! [tries to use his sparkle to escape, but nothing occurs] Huh? [blows his whistle again, but nothing happens] Why isn't it working?
- Diesel 10: Losing your sparkle, eh? [cackles] What perfect timing. Now where's that lost engine?
- Mr. C: You won't find her here.
- Diesel 10: You're not clever enough to stop me.
- Mr. C: Oh, yes I am!
- Diesel 10: No, you're not! Ah... [gasps as Mr. C brings out a pack of sugar] What?! Is that--?
- Mr. C: That's right, it's sugar, Diesel! And if I put this in your tank, it will seize you up for good!
- Diesel 10: [grunts and backs away] Must the most of tonight, Twinkle Toes... because you won't like tomorrow... neither will that-that line of tin kettles! [Pinchy snaps] Shut up, Pinchy.
- Thomas: Mr. Conductor, but what happened to your sparkle?
- Mr. C: I don't know, Thomas. I'll just have to sleep on that.
- Thomas: On your sparkle?
- Emily: I believe that he has to sleep on the problem, Thomas.
- Mr. C: Correct, Emily. Thank you, but I don't know what happened to the sparkle.
- Rebecca: Oh, but Mr. Conductor, without your sparkle or the lost engine, you can't travel here to help us anymore…
- Mr. C: I'll solve the problem. You just go to sleep now.
- Percy: Easy for you to say.
- [Later; Mr. C is having a bad dream]
- Mr. C: [wakes up] Sparkle? Magic? Gold dust? Railway? Buffers? Lost engine? [Percy, Emily and Nia are awake and listening] The family always told me as long as there is a railway, there will be harmony. As long as there is gold dust, there will be energy. You will never have to worry. [chuckles and goes back to sleep while the others do too. All of the engines are snoring and Mr. C wakes up again]
- Mr. C: Yeah, sure. [tries to sleep and finally does]
- [A dream sequence occurs of the deserted Shining Time nothing but newspapers and trash everywhere, until that when Stacy is calling for Mr. C]
- Stacy: Mr. C! Mr. C? Why aren't you here? Why couldn't you travel anymore to the Island of Sodor? Or back home to us here at Shining Time?
- Mr. C: [wakes up again] What's going on with our railway and why? My universe is in danger. I've got to find more gold dust! [rises out of bed]
To be added
- [Scene cuts to the beach where Junior is snoring in gold dust while back at the waterfall, Mr. Conductor finds a bellflower and calls him]
- Junior: [wakes up to the sound of his shellphone] That's my shellphone. [picks up his shellphone and answers it] Hello?
- Mr. C: Junior? Junior, is that you?!
- Junior: Oh, hi, cous! Are you in a tunnel? This isn't a very good line.
- Mr. C: Junior, where are you?
- Junior: I'm in paradise. I just got in on Cloud 9 and here I am.
- Mr. C: Junior, listen to me. I've ran out of gold dust and because of that, I'm losing my energy as well. You've got to come to the Island of Sodor right now!
- Junior: Now? But I'm waiting on the perfect wave.
- Mr. C: Oh, no. You're not. You're coming here!
- Junior: Okay... how?
- Mr. C: On our railway, that's how. You have to help me find all the source of our family's gold dust.
- Junior: What is the source?
- Mr. C: That's the trouble, Junior. I haven't a clue!
- Junior: You haven't a clue? And I've used up almost all of my gold dust too!
- Mr. C: What?!?! [Junior sighs] Then go to Shining Time Station first. [Junior listens carefully] And in my signal house under the box under the staircase, you'll find my emergency whistle with the last of my supply. Please take care of this, Junior, and…don't talk to anyone about the buffers! The universe of our entire conductor family's in jeopardy!
- Junior: [loses signal] What buffers?
- Mr. C: Shhhhhh!!
- Junior: This is a really bad line! Hello!! My shellphone's not working properly!
- Mr. C: Junior, you've got to come here right away! I'm counting on you!
- Junior: Hello?! Hello! [dials number as the line goes to a dial tone and then he throws shellphone away in frustration] I want my money back.
More to be added
- [Scene cuts to Muffle Mountain. Boomer is digging at the base of cliff with a shovel. Patch is spying on him in a field nearby]
- Boomer: [grunting as he digs] I'll be rich, Burnett, rich. [sighs and sits down, taking a break]
- Patch: [to himself] That's the stranger. I better tell Billy.
- [Scene cuts to the engines at Wellsworth, Henry, Thomas and Gordon facing James, Bill, Ben, Emily and Toby, the platform standing between Stephen, Spencer, Timothy, Marion and Nia and Percy chuffs next to the platform with his mail cars next to Gordon and across from Nia, all having a meeting while Bertie zooms past, honking]
- Bertie: Smile, you steamers. It's a sunny day. Vroom-vroom!
- James: It's not sunny, 'cause Mr. C's not at the windmill, I looked!
- Thomas: I think his sparkle's all gone.
- Henry: My smoke box doesn't feel sunny. It feels stuffed up.
- Emily: Do you think you can just sneeze out at the bridge from those boys who throw the rocks at you?
- Henry: I tried, but it has been blocked or something.
- Gordon: Nasty fumes from dingy Diesel 10! Hmm!
- Stephen: And Diesel 10 is still after the lost engine.
- Toby: And if he finds her, I fear that will destroy us all.
- Gordon: What, even an engine as big as me?
- Nia: Yes, Gordon, even you.
- Spencer: So, what are we gonna do now, little Thomas? Mr. Conductor has lost his sparkle, and now he's gone to left us too.
- Bill: Diesel'll destroy me!
- Ben: I need help!
- Both: Who's going to give it to me?
- Timothy: I think we're all in danger.
- Marion: And maybe the lost engine can save us.
- Spencer: Really? And this lost engine might be even bigger than me...
- Thomas: Ah-ah-ah-ah...CHOO!
- James: Say it, don't spray it, Thomas.
- Percy: Oh, no! Now Thomas is getting ill!
- Thomas: I've still got sneezing powder up my funnel, that's all. Now I'm going to look for Mr. Conductor.
- Bertie: [beeps his horn] How 'bout a race, Thomas?
- Thomas: Sorry, Bertie. I can't today, I have to be a really useful engine and solve some mysteries instead.
More to be added
- Diesel 10: ♪ I've been working on the railway / All the livelong day... ♪ [chortles] Who wants to work a livelong day anyway?
- [Approaching the scrapyards, Toby and Mavis notices Diesel, Splatter and Dodge]
- Toby: There he is, Mavis.
- Diesel 10: Evening, Splodge. Have you happened to see our guest?
- Splatter: George? Oh, yeah. We've been talking with him all day.
- Dodge: Yeah, yeah, he's coming right now.
- [George joins the diesels in the shed, rolling slowly next to Diesel 10 at the side of the shed]
- Diesel 10: Come in! Come in and join the party, George!
- George: Thanks. With pleasure, boss.
- Splatter: Hooray, hooray. We're gonna have a party.
- Dodge: Oh, yeah. I love parties.
- Splatter: Who's got the balloons?
- Diesel 10: Correction - join the party that's over. Just like Twinkle Toes' magic railway is gonna be over. Gone, like the lost engine and the buffers that lead to her.
- George: Destroyed! [laughs maniacally]
- Splatter: Aren't you going to hurt someone?
- Dodge: Yeah, yeah?
- Diesel 10: So...?
- Splatter: Well, w-w-what are you gonna do?
- Dodge: Oh, yeah. That's a good question.
- Diesel 10: It's finally time to put Twinkle Toes' lights OUT. This... is a job... for the boss!
- Mavis: We've got to delay them!
- Toby: And we've got to distract them! [dings his bell]
- Diesel 10: [alerted] IT'S THE OLD TEAPOT!!! WHAT'S HE DOING HERE?!?
- Mavis: What are you doing?
- Toby: Just honk your horn. [Mavis does so]
- George: Why, it's the betrayed diesel who joined the weak scrap!
- Diesel 10: SMASH THEM! SMASH THEM BOTH! [knocks down a shed roof with Pinchy, which traps him, George, Splatter, and Dodge inside] Pinchy, get back here! Pinchy, don't make me come up there! I hate it when you do this!
- Toby: Good show, Mavis. [leaves with Mavis]
- Mavis: You too, Toby.
- George: Uh, boss... did you mean to do that?
- Diesel 10: I... always... mean what I do...!
- [Dawn closes in and Percy with cattle cars and Toby with Henrietta pass by each other at the windmill]
- Adult Lily: Although the engines had much to worry about, they were all doing their best to be responsible, reliable, and really useful.
- [Thomas bumps trucks crossly and Percy passes by him as he pulls them away. Thomas passes by a Sodor Railway sign with Annie and Clarabel. Henry pulls the express past a station. Rosie sulks in a siding behind Butch. James pulls out of the Smelters Yard with a load of pipes and passes by Duck and Oliver who chuff into the smelters yard with empty cars while Toby goes through the countryside with Henrietta. Thomas chuffs past Stanley, Sidney and Philip at a station with Annie and Clarabel. James pulls express past Skarloey and Peter Sam underneath the water tower. Emily pulls the express past Bill, Ben, Timothy and Mavis on the Sodor Quarry. Bulgy drives over a bridge with trucks and Diesel passes by another line of trucks while Henry chuffs under it with a freight train and Gordon chuffs out of it with the express. Thomas puffs past other trains at Knapford Station with Annie and Clarabel to a windmill]
- Robert Hartshorne and the Kidmore Children's Choir: He's a Really Useful Engine, you know
All the other engines they'll tell you so
He huffs and puffs and whistles, rushing to and fro
He's the really useful engine we adore
He's a Really Useful Engine, you know
'Cos The Fat Controller, he told him so
Now he's got a branch line, to call his very own
He's the really useful engine we adore
He's the one, he's the number one
Thomas the Tank Engine!
He's a Really Useful Engine we adore
- [Thomas goes backwards past a Sodor Railway sign and a glum-looking Henry]
- Thomas: Morning, Henry. What's the matter?
- Henry: I've got [sniff] boiler-ache.
- Thomas: Good thing I'm off to collect six trucks... of special Island of Sodor coal for you.
- Henry: Oh, thank you, Thomas. Special coal will make me feel much better.
- Thomas: [backing into the trucks] I wish I could make Mr. Conductor feel better too by finding him.
- [At the last truck, as soon as it got bumped, it goes zooming into a pair of buffers with a nearby tumbleweed and disappears into them. Thomas pulls the remaining 5 trucks. Bertie was first to notice this]
- Bertie: Hello, Thomas and your five coal trucks. Vroom-vroom!
- Thomas: Five? But I'm supposed to have six.
- [Scene cuts to the viaduct then to Mr. C]
- Diesel 10: [out of nowhere] Hello, Twinkle Toes! Remember me? [Mr. C gasps and puts his hat on, running] Fat Hatt won't have much use for you looking like that! [cackles as Mr. C climbs up the hill and trips] Oh, I see you forgot to bring the sugar. How careless of you. [Pinchy picks a panicking Mr. C] Watch and see how many tricks I have up my claw to dispose of you unless you answer a simple question! [chortles and stops over to the viaduct before moving Mr. Conductor around in Pinchy] Okay, Twinkle Toes, I know about the buffers...
- Mr. C: [thinking] (That's what I saw in my dream! It's starting to come true!) Watch out for the viaduct, Diesel!!
- Diesel 10: [looking at the crumbling viaduct] ...and I've got George the steamroller on the job to destroy them, so tell me where the buffers are. When I find that lost engine, you and all those puffballs, along with their worthy Fat Hatt, will be... HISTORY! [Mr. Conductor pulls out scissors and laughs gleefully] Oh-no, you don't.
- Mr. C: WHOA!
- Diesel 10: [shakes Pinchy, causing the scissors fall away from Mr. Conductor] You have 10 seconds. 10...9...8...7...6... [Mr C uses his middle finger to grab the scissors] 5...4...3... [Mr. C cuts one of Pinchy's hoses] 2...
- Mr. C: Too late, Diesel! [Mr. C gets flung out of Pinchy and lands onto a flour near the windmill, catching his hat] George, why he use to join him is to destroy the buffers? Oh. I'm at the windmill. Now, that's what I call a perfect landing. This must be the clue to unlock the source to the gold dust. [the magic gold dust's clue writing appears] "Stoke up the magic in the mountain and the Lady will smile... then watch the swirls that spin so well." [the clue writing suddenly disappears] But where's the writing gone?
- [Scene cuts to the coal yard with Diesel 10 and Splodge]
- Splatter: Uh... so, boss?
- Dodge: Uh, how come you let Twinkle Toes escape?
- Splatter: Yeah. You know, Mr. C?
- Dodge: Yeah. Him...
- Diesel 10: [in a slightly ashamed but still "tough-guy" tone] Oh. That. Uh, well, I-I did it on purpose. You know, I was...
- Splatter and Dodge: [in a "busted" tone of voice] Ohh.
- Diesel 10: ...testing him to see if he could escape.
- Splatter: [in a sarcastic skeptical tone] Liar, liar.
- Dodge: Pants on fire.
- Splatter: Does he wear pants?
- Dodge: Well, training pants.
- Splatter: Oh, right.
- Diesel 10: All right! Playtime's over, Splodge!
- Splatter and Dodge: Uh, oh!
- Diesel 10: Now, it's time for the next lesson, huh? I call it... "How to Stop Being Stupid". [Pinchy squeezes a barrel, which crushes the oil out]
- Splatter: I don't think he meant to do that.
- Dodge: Me, neither.
- Splatter: I wonder how we're gonna teach him.
- Dodge: Yeah, yeah, me too.
- [Cranky's carrying the barrels until they drop]
- Diesel 10: As you see this is never being so stupid you got it? [barrel oil splats on at Diesel 10] Gah!! I got oil on me!
- Cranky: You just have to... oh, I don't know how to move aside. Oops!
- [The crates of fruits are falling and been splatted at Splodge until Cranky laughs]
- Cranky: Sorry. My mistake. You two get a mashed fruit! [cackles]
- [James laughs at the commotion, so does Gordon with Salty, Porter, Charlie and Henry]
- Diesel 10: Now that's gonna ruin my facial.
More to be added
- [Thomas emerges through the magic buffers and onto Sodor, whistling and catching up with the group just as they are discovered by the diesels]
- Thomas: Lily, I'm here!
- Lily: Oh, Thomas, I'm so sorry I had to leave you behind.
- Diesel 10: [as he moves closer towards Thomas and Lady on the track next to them] Aha! The blue puffball, and just look who else I've found! Splodge, get over here and destroy!
- Splatter: No, no, you do it yourself!
- Dodge: Yeah, yeah, do it yourself! We don't like you, and we mean that!
- Splatter: Yeah, we mean that!
- Dodge: Emphatically.
- Splatter: Yeah, what does that mean?
- Dodge: I have no idea.
- Splatter: It's a good word.
- [Boomer, still in Thomas' wake, flies through the magic buffers]
- Boomer: Ooh, wait for me! I'm after that engine! [lands onto Diesel 10's cab] Oof!
- Diesel 10: That makes two of us!
- Thomas: Run, Lady! Quickly, and I'm going to help you!
- Burnett: [hopping inside Lady's cab] So am I, my Lady. I'll not let you down again.
- Mr. C: [as Lady, Thomas and Diesel 10 speed away] Watch out for the viaduct, it's dangerous!
- [Scene cuts to Diesel 10 and Boomer chasing after Thomas, Lady and Burnett]
- Boomer: Now I'll get you, Burnett Stone! Yeah!
- Burnett: [looking back] No, you won't, Boomer, because the magic you refused to believe in will get the better of you.
- Diesel 10: You can run, but you can't hide! Right, Pinchy? [cackles. He opens and closes "Pinchy" at Thomas] Pinchy's hungry!
- Thomas: Ooh, get back! [steams faster from Diesel 10]
- Burnett: [putting his hand on Lady's side] Come on, Lady.
- Diesel 10: Coming, puffball! Heh-heh-heh!
- [Diesel 10 and Boomer chase Thomas and Lady over a watermill]
- Diesel 10: [singsong] Look out!!
- [Thomas and Lady steam through the tunnel]
- Diesel 10: Here I come! Duck, Pinchy! You too, Boomer! [cackles]
- [As Diesel went through the same tunnel which Lady and Thomas went through, Pinchy, Diesel's metallic claw, ducked through the tunnel, so does PT Boomer. At Knapford Station, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, Duck, Donald and Douglas, Oliver, Daisy, Diesel, Stanley and Sir Robert Norramby watch Edward approaching in with his coach. Sir Topham Hatt and Lady Hatt walk out of the coach with suitcases]
- Percy: Welcome home, sir!
- Sir Topham Hatt: Thank you, Percy, it's good to see you all again.
- James: Did you enjoy your vacation, sir? Cuz it sou-- [hears Thomas' whistle] Wait, Thomas, is that you?
- [Lady, Thomas and Diesel 10 speed through Knapford, blowing people's hats off and surprising the engines]
- Sir Topham Hatt: [angry] Diesel 10?!? What do you think you are doing!?
- [Thomas and Lady are seen getting away from Diesel 10. He goes under a bridge. He moves closer to Thomas and tries to grab him]
- Diesel 10: PUFFBALL!
- [They then chase over another bridge and under Connor, who is pulling his coaches]
- Diesel 10: I supposed it's poetic justice: two puffballs with the same claw!
- Thomas: Ugh! You know what, Diesel, why don't you get out of here?
- [Burnett looks at PT Boomer, who takes his gloves off]
- Boomer: Okay, Burnett, haha! The gloves are off!
- [Boomer throws the gloves at Burnett and makes a gesture with his arms. He then pulls out a dynamite, lights it, then throws it in front of Thomas. An explosion occurs, whilst the engines and Sir Topham Hatt gasp at the sight from Knapford]
- James: [stammering] W-w-what was that?!?
- Henry: I-I don't know!
- Sir Topham Hatt: Thomas?
- Percy and Edward: Thomas!!
- Sir Robert Norramby: Great Scott!
- [Smoke clears to show Thomas slowly decreasing speed from Lady]
- Lady: Thomas!
- Thomas: HEEELP!!! [echoes]
- [Thomas' safety value steams harder, but he is nearly puffing next to Diesel 10]
- Thomas: Somebody help me!
- Boomer: No one can save you now, engine!
- [Thomas' face turns red, then his firebox nearly becomes on fire and he briefly almost overheats. Thomas notices Hiro up ahead, who's pulling a goods train in front of Lady!]
- Hiro: Thomas!
- Thomas: [to a signalman] Expresses coming through!
- [The signalman changes the points, which sets Lady, Thomas and Diesel 10 to a different track, just in time from not crashing into Hiro. Burnett then looks at Diesel 10]
- Diesel 10: I like my lunch "steamed"! Heh, pretty fast for a puffball.
- [Burnett then looks away. The viaduct starts to crumble and Lady starts to cross it]
- Burnett: Well, Lady, this is your Shining Time too.
- Lady: [crossing the bridge] I hope so.
- Thomas: Come on, Lady! Little Engines can do big things!!
- [Lady goes across the viaduct, which grows wider. Thomas follows her. A stone falls and Lady crosses safely before Thomas. More stones fall, making a gap. Thomas slowly goes to the gap and jumps through. Two pieces of arc fall, making a big one]
- Burnett: Well done, Thomas! Well done! [blows Lady's whistle]
- [Diesel 10 attempts to cross the bridge but he puts on his brakes. Boomer takes his goggles off in a surprise]
- Diesel 10: Whoa, hold it, hold it. Hold on, hold on!
- [Diesel 10 tips as he and Boomer fall down the viaduct. Boomer lands onto the barge, but Pinchy extends and Diesel 10 manages to grab onto a broken track from the viaduct]
- Diesel 10: Agh! Puffball! Teapot! [the sleeper board breaks] AAAAGGH!! TIN KETTLE!!!
- [Diesel 10 lands into a sludge-filled barge. The towboat tows the barge with Diesel 10 away. Diesel 10 sighs and is almost fallen from the barge]
- Diesel 10: Oh... oh, well. Look on the bright side, Boomer. Nice time of the year for a cruise. [cackles nervously]