WARNING: Please no Vandalism. Don't put random actors on this page. - Eli Boy Productions.
Thomas and the Magic Railroad (also known as Thomas the Tank Engine: The Magic Railroad in the United Kingdom and Germany) is a 2019 British/American 3D live-action/CGI animated family comedy adventure fantasy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and Britt Allcroft based on three titled The Railway Series by Rev. W. Awdry, on the television series of the character from the same name and Shining Time Station by Britt Allcroft. The film is a remake of the 2000 original film of the same name by the same director who created the film named Britt Allcroft, but it was a box-office bomb and a critical failure from critics and the fandom of the book and the show for the plot that was changed from the original cut, terrible acting, and the editing which had made the editor shortened the time of the main character and removed the true villain when it released on 2000, which in the 2019 version, it has all the characters like P.T. Boomer, Tasha and even George from the film and not been edited from before along with the help of Robert Zemeckis.
It was produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, ImageMovers, and Mattel Creations, presented in association with the Isle of Man Film Commission, and distributed by Universal Pictures in US prints and along with Sony Pictures Entertainment (who originally known as Destination Films also created the 2000 film) in US and international prints.
The film was a box office success and it received critical acclaim, with critics praising the faithfulness to the 2000 film's original director's cut, the visual effects, the CGI animation on the trains, splendid acting, well-developed characters, and the plot along with the performance of Nicolas Cage as P.T. Boomer. The film also become the fourth highest grossing film and won eight Academy Awards and received eight Academy Award nominations. At the UK, the film had won three BAFTA Film Awards and also got one BAFTA nomination.
The film begins with a female narrator telling the story on the Island of Sodor, where it was populated by talking trains, which the only one here was Thomas the Tank Engine. Thomas is a really useful engine who is very kind to his friends. A few seconds later, Thomas met Gordon at Knapford Station, telling him that Sir Topham Hatt was gone for a holiday. But then, Diesel 10 rudely pass both Thomas and Gordon, which means that Diesel 10 was sent to the Island of Sodor by Sir Topham Hatt for helping, but he was acting like he was bullying any engines.
- Ariel Winter as Lily Stone, the main protagonist and the granddaughter of Burnett Stone. She lives in the city with her mother. With the help of her grandpa, Patch and Thomas, they helped restore Lady to her former glory and returned the magic to the Magic Railroad.
- Anne Hathaway as Adult Lily, the narrator of the film.
- Owen Wilson as Burnett Stone, the tetartagonist who is Lady's caretaker on his workshop at Muffle Mountain. Long ago, he only shared the secret of Lady with Tasha, his childhood friend.
- Josh Hutcherson as Teenage Burnett
- Owen Vaccaro as Young Burnett
- Alec Baldwin as Mr. Conductor, the deuteragonist of the film and a 20-centimetre tall conductor who narrated the television series episodes that appeared in Shining Time Station.
- David Tennant as Mr. Conductor, Junior, Mr. Conductor's cousin. Like his cousin, he is at a regular height on Sodor and the Magic Railroad - anywhere else, he shrinks to a height of 24 centimetres (ten inches).
- Anna Sophia Robb as Tasha
- Scarlett Estevez as Young Tasha
- Nicolas Cage as P.T. Boomer, Pete Tiberius Boomer is the main antagonist who wants to get revenge on Burnett Stone for marrying Tasha. Boomer wants to destroy Lady along with Diesel 10, so they can take over the whole Thomas & Friends universe.
- Scott McCord as Young Boomer
- Owen Wilder as Patch
- Ewan Mcgregor as Adult Patch
- Jennifer Lawrence as Stacy Jones
- John Leguizamo as Billy Twofeathers
- Drew Barrymore as Mrs. Bethany Stone, Lily's Mom
- Sean Hayes as Mr. Stone, Lily's Dad
- Keith Wickham as Sir Topham Hatt
- Hayden Rolence as Burnett Stone, Jr.
- The Umbilical Brothers as Thomas's Fireman and Driver
There are some cameo appearances in the film like
- Alexander Gould as Newspaper Delivery Boy
- John Bellis as Shining Time Firefighter
- Robert Zemeckis as Himself (He appears in a mid-credits scene along with Britt Allcroft to tell the audience that he and Britt hoped the audience enjoyed the movie)
- Britt Allcroft as Herself (She appears in a mid-credits scene along with Robert Zemeckis to tell the audience that she and Zemeckis hoped the audience enjoyed the movie)
- Ringo Starr as Storyteller (He appears in a scene where he tell stories about Thomas and his friends in the Island of Sodor to the children)
- Keith Scott as Australian Passenger
- Doug Walker as Himself (He makes a cameo appearance when he was late for his train)
- USA Actor: Joseph May as Thomas (American Release of The Movie), A Main Protagonist
- UK Actor: John Hasler as Thomas (International Release of The Movie)
- USA Actor: William Hope as Edward and Toby (American Release of The Movie)
- Keith Wickham As Edward (International Release of The Movie)
- Christopher Ragland as Percy (American Release of The Movie)
- Idina Menzel as Lady
- Kerry Shale as Gordon & Henry (US)
- Rob Rackstraw as James and Toby (International Release of the Movie)
- Keith Wickham as Skarloey, Gordon & Henry (UK) and Sir Handel
- John Hasler as Rheneas
- Steven Kynman as Peter Sam and Duck
- Nigel Pilkington as Percy (International Release of The Movie)
(all the US/UK actors from the show play the characters in prints LOL)
- Teresa Gallagher as Mavis
- Matt Wilkinson as
- Diesel 10, the secondary antagonist who was been hired by Sir Topham Hatt but he have an aggressive behavior and he was going to destroy Lady.
- Rusty, an friend of Thomas.
- Richard Kind as Splatter and Dodge
- Kerry Shale as Diesel
- Tom Hanks as Boco
- Keith Wickham as Bertie the Bus
- Kerry Shale as Harold the Helicopter
- Teresa Gallagher as Annie and Clarabelle
- Tom Hanks as George the Steamroller
- Glenn Wrage as Cranky the Crane
- Christopher Ragland, Tom Kenny, Nathan Lane, Jack Black, and Will Ferrell as Troublesome Trucks
- Tom Kenny as The Bluebird, Lily's inanimate toy bluebird who came to life as a CGI animated talking bluebird by Burnett Stone and Lily Stone using the magical gold dust on that bluebird.
- John Hasler as Ten Cents (Cameo)
Characters that make cameos who don't speak
- Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit, and Benny the Cab (2D animated) from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Marty McFly from Back to the Future
- Hero Boy (named Chris) from The Polar Express as a Man
In 2003, 3 years after the original film became a box-office failure, Britt Allcroft, creator of Thomas & Friends, has been resigned from her original company which was now known as "Gullane Entertainment". After HiT Entertainment took control on Thomas & Friends, HiT revealed that its theatrical division would be piloted by a "Thomas" film. Originally targeted for late-2010 release, in September 2009 this was revised to "Spring 2011".
As of January 2011, the release date had been pushed back further to 2012 and the name of the production had still not been announced. The initial draft of the script was written by Josh Klausner who has also said that the film will be set around the times of World War II, Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi also helped write the script. On 8 June 2011, Deadline announced that 9 director Shane Acker will direct the live-action adaptation of Thomas the Tank Engine, with Weta Digital designing the film's visual effects.
Since then, no actual production has been announced, until Robert Zemeckis came in and remake the original "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" film, along with Britt Allcroft, to bring in new actors to play the characters from the original "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" film (except Alec Baldwin, in which he will reprise his role as Mr. Conductor), announce the film on November 25th 2016, new voice actors to play the animated Thomas & Friends characters, video editing and restoration, audio mastering, mixing, recording, and editing, CGI animation for the "Island of Sodor" segments, blue-screen and green-screen effects for the "Island of Sodor" segments, new visual effects, and some brand new music, Production begun on January 6th 2017 and ended on October 1st 2018.
While the film is on development, Robert Zemeckis hired Alec Baldwin who previously played as Mr. Conductor in the original 2000 film, so Baldwin agreed to reprise his role.
It was Filmed in New Jersey in The Live Action Scenes, Because a Red Station was There that Looks like Shining Time Station https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Historic_train_station_building,_Red_Bank,_NJ.jpg
The Animation From "Big World Big Adventures" (2018) Was Used (Because It was Shiny and Looking Colorful), But the Movements in Most Scenes are a Little More Smoother and More Realistic & animated by Jam Filled.
"Industrial Light and Magic" Made the Effects for "The Magic Railroad" (Railroad) and Magic Sparks in Every Scene that Involves Sparks.
In November 16 2017, Alan Silvestri Decided that He Can Score the Movie, Alan Silvestri Started Working on It on April 16 2018 and finished on September 18 2018.
Thomas and the Magic Railroad is set to release into theaters on February 12, 2019 in America and United Kingdom. It was released in Australia on March 20th, 2019.
On March 2nd, 2019, Bachmann Industries released a model of Shining Time Station and even the Island of Sodor along with train models of Thomas, Lady, and Diesel 10 and some human models of Burnett Stone, Lily, Mr. Conductor, and P.T. Boomer.
[When the film is done development]
Main article: Thomas and the Magic Railroad (2019 film)/Soundtrack
(Release on February 13th 2019)
One year after the movie's release, the film will be adapted into a Broadway musical based on the movie titled Thomas and the Magic Railroad: The Musical.
Main article: Thomas and the Magic Railroad: The Musical
[When the film is done development]
The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 99% approval rating with an average rating of 9/10 based on 260 reviews. The website's consensus reads, "An old timer film that it was very bad on 2000 so now it was back on the rail to make it better." On Metacritic, the film achieved an average score of 99 out of 100 based on 39 reviews, signifying "universal acclaim".
CinemaScore reported that audiences gave the film a rare "A-" grade. Some of the critics and moviegoers had praised Nicolas Cage's performance of the character Boomer, The New York Times reviewed his performance "When the infamous actor used to make an appearance in any movie like The Wicker Man until it has been flopped, but his performance that he did was the main antagonist P.T. Boomer in the remake from the original 2000 film Thomas and the Magic Railroad where Boomer is very envious that he has nothing to get on his way, which is the most great performance I have ever seen". It Had a 8.3/10 on IMDB IGN game the film a grade of 9.8/10 (Amazing).
On November 30 2018, A sequel was planned by Warner Bros. Pictures, It will most likely happen. On February 24th 2019, Britt Allcroft announced the title, "The Adventures Of Thomas: A Special Day Of Sodor" in US and "Special Day Of Sodor: A Thomas & Friends Movie" in UK/Australia/New Zealand and set to release most likely on June 22nd 2022. On July 31st, 2019, it's confirmed that Warner Bros. will be the distributor worldwide and neither Universal or Columbia will return. On February 10th, 2020 after "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" (2019) had a Oscar nomination, but lost to Toy Story 4, which won, they decided that they'll develop the sequel soon. They're currently working on "Bob The Builder: The Can-Do Crew", set to release for June, 2021 and it'll be the second Robert Zemeckis film based on a Mattel or HiT Entertainment property after the "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" reboot and Robert Zemeckis and Keith Chapman will direct the Bob The Builder film. On February 20th, 2020, it's confirmed that the film will be set in around February 25th, 2022- onward when Spring is coming to Sodor. (It may also be a fan-made conclusion to the Thomas TVS) It would even have Diesel D199, Bear, Eagle (James' brother), The Culdee Fell engines, Class 40, Jock, Frank, Jinty, Pug, Mallard, Hank, Flora, Molly, Lady, Sixteen, Ivo Hugh and many others on the Mainland. Basic plot: Spring was coming closer to Sodor and many engines that the engines haven't seen in years came back to Sodor for a special day.
- This film has been used on the 2000 film that it was edited because this film was too scary for young audiences which the true main villain P.T. Boomer was cut, so in the 2019 film it still has P.T. Boomer. This is likely of the film is rated PG instead of the G rating the original 2000 version had.
- It also has George in the film which in the 2000 film he's omitted.
- By "Train world" and "Human world" in this movie, Mr Conductor calls them those to show his enthusiastic personality. "Train world" and "Human world" were said at the back cover of the home video products of the film.
- Plus the other engines from the television series in the story.
- Trailer Songs:
- "I'm Blue" by Eiffel 65
- "Really Useful Engine" song in the movie is from "The Adventure Begins", But it's sang by Rupert Grint.
- This film runs 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- McDonald's toys based on the movie.
- The Main Protagonists are Thomas and Lily Stone
- Although this is the second regular and main theatrical Thomas film to be released, there are some other theatrical appearances of Thomas, like the specials, some events and even the film, "Ant-Man" (2015) as a Bachmann model (Which is the second theatrical appearence of Thomas outside the specials, events and some DVD releases after the 2000 film of TATMR), therefore, Thomas had a lot of theatrical big screen apperances.
- The First Teaser will Be Released on Some Screenings of "Incredibles 2" (2018)
- DVD/Blu Ray/4K Ultra HD/3D Blu Ray Release (US/UK): May 20th 2019, (Australia): June 10th 2019
- This film marks the most successful film of:
- The most successful Universal/Sony/Columbia animated movie
- The most successful 2010s animated movie
- The most successful Warner Bros. live action movie
- The most successful Robert Zemeckis animated/ImageMovers film
- The soundtrack company for this movie: Watertower Music
- According to Robert Zemeckis, the film is set around July 14th, 1980 and therefore, the ending is set around 2000, the year that the original 2000 film came out. (Although on Janruary 9th, 2020, it has been confirmed)
- It was shown that Edward was working on the mainland most of the time in the film.
- It was the most sucessful animated film of all time in 2019 until The Lion King (2019).