The Truth About Women is an 2017 anthology drama film directed by Damien Chazelle and stars an ensemble cast including Emma Stone, Michelle Pfeiffer, Martin Freeman, Katie Leung, Amanda Abbington, Taron Egerton and Lupita Nyong'o.
Audrey Jennings, a famous actress, after the death of her mother, searches for her father, until she realizes her co-star Walter Fitzpatrick, who plays her soon to be love interest in a movie, is her biological father.
Samantha Edmunds is a divorced woman who makes friend with a fellow divorcee named John Lewis, who suffers from maniac depression
Alyssa Choi is a rape victim who tries to forget the rape she suffered 2 days ago at the hands of Law student Sean Berry. She is Henry Fitzpatrick (Walter's youngest brother)'s best friend since high school, but even though Henry knows something is up and desperately wants to help Andrea, she refuses to talk to him about it.
Olivia Westbrook is an Oscar-winning actress who knows the secret of what it's like to work in Hollywood in the Golden Age. Her older self is Samantha's mother, and tries to prevent her from becoming like her.
Otmarra and Elisa's Story
Otmarra is a housewife whose husband is murdered by white supremacists and becomes an activist who creates a social movement similar to Black Lives Matter with the help of Elisa Santos, an activist who is a victim of cyberbullying by her classmates after her parents were deported.
Avery Lee is a lawyer expecting her first child with her husband Robert after triple miscarriages. However, her life turns upside down when she becomes Katarina Petrakis' lawyer after her arrest for allegedly attempting to murder Enoch Blumenthal, a Hollywood mogul while her husband is diagnosed with leukemia.
Katarina Petrakis is a famous actress in trial for attempting to murder Enoch Blumenthal, although in reality, he actually sexually assaulted her and stabbed him in the back as self-defense. She becomes friends with Avery after she becomes her lawyer.
The Main Women
- Emma Stone as Audrey Fitzpatrick
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Samanta Edmunds, a divorcee
- Katie Leung as Alyssa Choi - A music student at Harvard, Alyssa was raped by Sean Berry, causing her to widthdraw more. She also has romantic feelings for her best friend Henry Fitzpatrick, but after the rape, she is too ashamed to admit her feelings.
- Amanda Abbington as Olivia Westbrook
- Joan Collins as Older Olivia
- Lupita Nyong'o as Otmarra
- Constance Wu as Avery Lee, a lawyer
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Katarina Petrakis, a famous actress who's in trial for murder. A parody of Rose McGowan.
- TBA as Elisa Santos, a Mexican-American teen who is frequently cyberbullied after her parents were deported by the government who becomes Otmarra's friend, legal guardian and co-founder of Otmarra's movement
- Martin Freeman as Walter Fitzpatrick
- Neil Patrick Harris as John Lewis
- Taron Egerton as Henry Fitzpatrick - A teaching degree student at Harvard and a part-time dancer, Henry is Alyssa's best friend since high school. He is always looking out for Alyssa and immediately knows something is wrong when Alyssa becomes withdrawn. He also has romantic feelings for Alyssa.
- Bill Hader as Robert Weiss, a crime fiction writer and Avery's husband who is diagnosed with leukemia
- Bob Odenkirk as Enoch Blumenthal, a Harvey Weinstein-esque mogul.
- TBA as The President of the United States, who is based on Donald Trump.
- Hilary Duff as Andrea Perkins - A Harvard student.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar as Giselle Lindsay
- Darren Criss as Sean Berry
- John Cho as Damien Choi
- ??? minutes long.
- The film is rated R for ???.
- The film is produced by Universal Pictures.
- Martin Freeman and Amanda Abbington are real life ex-partners, but while filming, they don't film scenes with each other.
- Millie, a similar film