The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices is an Arthurian, historical fantasy fan-fiction series which first quarter of it's overall tracks reimagining events in Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice. This fan-fiction has confirmed to be exclusively released as literature in this wikia, so this wikia so far is the only site to read the Fan-fiction. The first page, Prologue, has been released in 11 October in 2014.
This fan-fiction series is set in a fictional Scottish town named Trostville in 1938, prior to World War 2 within steampunk reality counterpart of The Sorcerer's Apprentice film universe. The series involves friendship between the Mr. Blake, wise but mysterious sorcerer whom actually one of Merlin's three original apprentices with his slightly clumsy but very competent apprentice named Raido (1930s steampunk reality counterpart of Dave Stutler), a young apprentice whom enrolls in Crossmages Academy and works as a private detective in his part times. After discovering both true nature of his master and his nature as a Prime Merlinean, Raido sets out to defeat the unleashed Morgana before she could unleashing an army of the undead via The Rising and had to participating in the war against surviving Morganians.
In this Fan-fiction series, aside Sorcerers(humans whom innately possesses), another off-shot of humanity that possesses magic also introduced. This said race is Magus, humans whom due to their magical nature that surpasses regular sorcerers (though Sorcerers are the distant cousins of their race), has evolved to the point that they more like magical creatures than regular humans. Magus has all powers of Sorcerers, but they have additional powers that both Sorcerers and humans lacks: Regenerative Healing Factor, immunity to Vampirism, and ability to magically control their own body cells into either weapons or armor or even shapeshift into more monstrous form called Whitelight Magic.
In July 20, 2015, it was announced that the fan-fiction series plotline would be influenced with elements of Lovecraftian works, which began from it's tie-in story Truth Behind The Salem Witch Trial,.
- 1 Part 1: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- 2 Part 2:
- 3 Part 3
- 4 Part 4
- 5 Soundtrack:
- 6 Tie-In Stories
- 7 Characters and Their Possible Voice Actors
- 8 Inspirations
- 9 Difference Between The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices and The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- 10 Posters and Gallery
Part 1: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Part 1: The Sorcerer's Apprentice involves Canary Raido's discovery where Mr. Blake, his wise but mysterious mentor, turned out to be one of Merlin's original apprentices that looking for Prime Merlinean. This was started from his accident with Dragon Ring that causes the catastrophic explosion that gave him and Tlob's Whitelight Magic and several encounters with remnants of Morganian whom seek to destroy the world. This Part reimagining the storyline in the original The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie.
- Explosion In The Middle of Thunderstorm
- Enigmatic Master Part 1
- Enigmatic Master Part 2
- Morganian's Resurgence
- Preparation for Possible Inevitable Fate and Battle
- Mr. Blake's Request
- Battle in Warren District part 1
- Battle in Warren District part 2
- The Next Move
- Unexpected Family Reunion
- Mystery of Mr. Blake's Past
- Swarm Moth and Raven
- Mr. Blake's Old Friend
- Tlob and Raido
- Prime Merlinean (Track) Part 1
- Prime Merlinean (Track) Part 2
- Resurgence Begins
- Magic Absorption
- Alden's Brigand Part 1
- Alden's Brigand Part 2
- Prime Merlinan vs. Morgana
- The Beast Rising
- Darkness Rising Part 1
- Darkness Rising Part 2
The following Tie-in stories are confirmed to be canonical with the primary storyline of the fan-fiction series ad set in the same universe, though in different timelines. Unlike in main series, characters that featured in this series not given any description about their physical appearance so their appearance can be ambiguous.
- Broken Bird and Man Whom Only Learn Hate
- Desolation of the Abomination, sequel of the Broken Bird and Man Whom Only Learn Hate.
- Truth Behind The Salem Witch Trial, stand-alone tie-in story that involves the horrors behind the said infamous witch trials.
Characters and Their Possible Voice Actors
This sections consists of list of characters in the fanfic story, with names of actors that likely suit as their voice actors and actresses. As these are pure fanon, it means these are simply the author's fantasies.
- Jake Cherry as David "Raido" Canary/Swarm Moth
- Jodelle Ferland as Rebecca "Tlob" Barnes/Raven
- Tom Kenny as Snowy Twoflower.
Secondary Merlineans & Other Allies
- Nicholas Cage as Balthazar Blake/Mr. Blake(veteran Merlinean)
- Peter Cullen as Balthazar Blake (Whitelight Armor)
- Cherami Leight as Veronica Gorloisen
- Monica Bellucci as Veronica Gorloisen(Whitelight Armor form)
- John Hurt as Corinth the Gentle (the Great Dragon and veteran Merlinean)
- Elle Fanning as Janey Canary-Zurrow
- Alyson Stoner as Sherman
- Jake Abel as Rylarth the Green Dragon
- Omar Miller as Bennet "Travis" Zurrow
- James A. Stephens as Merlin
- Maggie Blue O'Hara as Holly "Dorothy" Ornitier
- Paul Dobson as Inspector Canary Jaques
- Monica Rial as Charlotte/Black Raccoon.
- Bruce Sherfield as Fletcher.
- Frank Welker as Ravage(de facto leader)
- Alfred Molina as Ravage (human disguise)
- Alice Krige as Morgana Le Fay (founder/The Beast)
- Amelia Warner as Heralth
- Oscar A. Colon as Owl-Eye
- Gregory Woo as Sun Lok
- Toby Kebbell as Draco Stone
- The Swindlers
- Jason Cottle as Alden Sikes
- David O'Hara as Marv
Though this fan-fiction series was based on The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentice series also greatly inspired with these fictions:
- Transformers series(particulary Transformers: Prime, Transformers: Robots in Disguise(mainly), and Transformers: Age of Extinction)
- inFamous game series
- Skulduggery Pleasent series
Difference Between The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices and The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Though this fan-fiction series based upon The Sorcerer's Apprentices movie, there are many difference between both of them, which are (excluding the fanfic plotline). Some of them are:
- The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices series takes place in alternate reality, which is steampunk-esque fantasy counterpart of The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie universe in year of 1938-1939 in a fictional Scottish town called Trostville, precisely prior to World War 2 as stated above.
- In the world of The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices, history of the sorcery practice has taking a different turn where magic has been reinvented in order to adapted the advanced era. As results, sorcery can be combined with technology for better results, enable normal humans to learn sorcery without requiring full capabilities to use one's entire brain at one time and no longer requires the catalyst usage(magic rings for instance) for cast spells. This contradicts the original movie where history of sorcery less changed at all in term of practicing, requires ability to use one's entire brain at the same time and mainly requires catalyst to cast spells, with the exception of Prime Merlinean.
- The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices features actual magical beings alongside those that created via sorcery, unlike The Sorcerer's Apprentice that only features magical beings that created via sorcery as mystical automatons. In The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices, there are also magical beings that not featured in The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie, in which can be seen here.
- Most, if not all of the characters that featured in The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices are serves as the alternate reality counterparts of the characters in the original The Sorcerer's Apprentice film. For instance, Canary Raido is the steampunk reality counterpart of Dave Stutler and Tlob is counterpart of Becky Barnes. However, only a few of them that having the same name with their counterpart in the original film, namely Balthazar Blake, Veronica Gorloisen, Morgana Le Fay, Merlin, Sun Lok, and Abigail Williams.
- Main power of The Dragon Ring is to tracking Grimhold in the movie while in Fan-Fic, more reminiscent with Ray Sphere in inFamous as it can activating one's dormant power via devastating explosion and therefore, created with gem from a crystal cave.
Posters and Gallery