The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices is an Arthurian, historical fantasy fan-fiction series which first quarter of it's overall tracks reimagining events in Disney'sThe Sorcerer's Apprentice. This fan-fiction has confirmed to be exclusively released as literature in this wikia, so this wikia so far is the only site to read the Fan-fiction. The first page, Prologue, has been released in 11 October in 2014.
Unlike the said film, this fan-fiction series is set in a fictional Scottish town named Trostville in 1938-1939, prior to World War 2 within steampunk reality counterpart of The Sorcerer's Apprentice universe. The series involves friendship between the Mr. Blake, wise but mysterious sorcerer whom actually one of Merlin's three original apprentices with his slightly clumsy but very competent apprentice named Canary Raido, a young sorcerer whom enrolls in Crossmages Academy and being works as a private detective. After found out both true nature of his master and realized that he is a Prime Merlinean, Raido sets out to defeat the unleashed Morgana, and later discovering the true nature of Magus race. You see, not all of humans in the series are same with us. Among them are Magus, an off-shot of humans race whom evolved to the point that they are developed enhanced magical abilities and superhuman physiology.
Part 1 involves Canary Raido's discovery where Mr. Blake, his wise but mysterious mentor, turned out to be one of Merlin's original apprentices that looking for Prime Merlinean. This was proven by his accident with Dragon Ring that causes the catastrophic explosion that gave him and Tlob's Whitelight Magic and several encounters with remnants of Morganian whom seek to destroy the world. This Part reimagining the events in the canonical The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie.
- Prologue (The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices)
- Explosion In The Middle of Thunderstorm
- Enigmatic Master Part 1
- Enigmatic Master Part 2
- Morganian's Resurgence
- Preparation for Possible Inevitable Fate and Battle
- Mr. Blake's Request
- Battle in Warren District part 1
- Battle in Warren District part 2
- The Next Move
- Unexpected Family Reunion
- Mystery of Mr. Blake's Past
- Swarm Moth and Raven
- Mark of Tyrant Salamander
- Revelation Part 1: Curse of The Wolf
- Broken Bird and Man Whom Only Learn Hate
- Desolation of the Abomination, sequel of the Broken Bird and Man Whom Only Learn Hate
Characters and Their Possible Voice Actors
This sections consists of list of characters in the fanfic story, with names of actors that likely suit as their voice actors and actresses. As these are pure fanon, it means these are simply the author's fantasies.
- Skyler Brigmann as Canary Raido
- Will Friedle as Raido (Whitelight Armor/Beast form)
- Jodelle Ferland as Tlob.
- Monica Rial as Charlotte The Black Raccoon.
- Bruce Sherfield as Fletcher.
- Tom Kenny as Snowy Twoflower.
Secondary Merlineans & Other Allies
- Nicholas Cage as Balthazar Blake(veteran Merlinean)
- Peter Cullen as Balthazar Blake (Whitelight Armor/Beast form)
- Cherami Leight as Veronica Gorloisen
- Monica Bellucci as Veronica Gorloisen(Whitelight Beast Form)
- John Hurt as Corinth the Gentle (the Dragon and veteran Merlinean)
- Elle Fanning as Janey Canary-Zurrow
- Alyson Stoner as Sherman
- Frank Welker as Ravage(de facto leader)
- Alfred Molina as Ravage (human disguise)
- Alice Krige as Morgana Le Fay (founder/The Beast)
- Jason Cottle as Alden Sikes
- Oscar A. Colon as Owl-Eye
- Gregory Woo as Sun Lok
Though this fan-fiction series was based on The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentice series also greatly inspired with these fictions:
- Transformers series(particulary Transformers: Prime, Transformers: Robots in Disguise(mainly), and Transformers: Age of Extinction)
- inFamous game series
- Dawn of The Planet of The Apes (possibly)
- Skulduggery Pleasent series
Difference Between The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices and The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Though this fan-fiction series based upon The Sorcerer's Apprentices movie, there are many difference between both of them, which are (excluding the fanfic plotline). Some of them are:
- The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices series takes place in alternate reality, which is steampunk-esque fantasy counterpart of The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie universe in year of 1938-1939 in a fictional Scottish town called Trostville, precisely prior to World War 2.
- In the world of The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices, history of the sorcery practice has taking a different turn where magic has been reinvented in order to adapted the advanced era. As results, sorcery can be combined with technology for better results, enable normal humans to learn sorcery without requiring full capabilities to use one's entire brain at one time, and no longer requires the catalyst usage for cast spells. This contradicts the original movie where history of sorcery mostly not changed at all in term of practicing, requires ability to use one's entire brain at the same time and mainly requires catalyst to cast spells, with the exception of Prime Merlinean.
- The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices features actual magical beings alongside those that created via sorcery, unlike The Sorcerer's Apprentice that only features magical beings that created via sorcery as animated golems. In The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices, there are also magical beings that not featured in The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie, in which can be seen here.
- The Steampunk Adventures of Sorcerer's Apprentices only features a few of the characters from the original movies, which are Balthazar Blake, Veronica Gorloisen, Morgana Le Fay, Merlin, Sun Lok, and Abigail Williams. All of their traits also given some changes to suit the fan-fiction series plot, where Sun Lok's trait in fan-fiction series are meant to resembles Shockwave from Transformers. The rest of the characters are original creations, but do share similarities with those in the movie
- Main power of The Dragon Ring is to tracking Grimhold in the movie while in Fan-Fic, more akin to Ray Sphere in inFamous franchise as it can bestowed power via devastating explosion and therefore, created with gem of unknown origin.
Posters and Gallery