|The Spectacular Spider-Man|
|Writer(s)|| J.M Dematteis
|Platform(s)|| PlayStation 3
|Release date(s)|| NA June 26, 2012
|Distribution||Optical disc, download|
The Spectacular Spiderman is an action-adventure video game,which is a tie-in to film of the same name featuring the Marvel Comics super hero Spider-Man.It was devloped by Beenox, Developer of Spider-Man:Shattered Dimensions and Spider-Man:Edge of Time and published by Activision.It was released June 26,2012 in North America and June 29,2012 in Europe,Being a Playstation Exclusive for PlayStation 3 and Vita siging a deal with Sony to make it so.
The game is directed by J.M Dematteis who is writer for the live-action film and co-writes the game along side another writer of the moive Christopher Markus.The Game serves as a epilouge of the film, that also serves as an canon matterial in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The Spetacular Spider-Man is an action-adventure game viewed from the third-person perspective and The game has an open world/free-roaming concept.The playable character is visible on the screen and the camera can be freely rotated around him. The player controls Spider-Man as he traverses through New York and can also play as Peter Parker in the game where they can also swing webs and cilmb but must be careful since if enough people see you in time.The opening areas of the game are linear, serving as a tutorial for the moves and approaches available to the player. Once the player emerges onto the island he can freely explore the game world, although some areas remain inaccessible until certain milestones in the main story. The combat system is reminiscent of the Rocksteady Studios-developed Batman game series (Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City) using a freeflow design and counterattacks Beenox took a cue from the Batman games, with Dee Brown, the head of Beenox , stating "I played both Batman games and liked them. For me, the Spider-Man character is very different than Batman. You have to approach both in a different way. I think the Rocksteady guys did a good job at providing what was required to make a great Batman game, and we're doing everything we need to this time to make a great Spider-Man game.".
The player can use "Spider Sense"—a visual mode which provides contextual information, tinting the game world blue and highlighting interactive objects like destructible walls and removable grates, the number of enemies in an area and their status—such as their awareness of Spider-Man's presence—and shows civilians and corpses.Players can traverse enemy-controlled areas using stealth or direct combat. The game's "Freeflow" combat uses three main buttons: attack, stun, and counter.The system lets Spider-Man move quickly between enemies, chaining attacks together until all enemies are unconscious. Combining the three main abilities can keep Spider-Man attacking while moving between enemies and avoiding being attacked himself. The more combo attacks that are chained together, the faster and more agile Spider-Man becomes, and special attacks—such as a throw, grapple, and an instant takedown which can immediately defeat an enemy—become available. Combat is rewarded with experience points, which are used to unlock gadgets, combat moves, and health upgrades. Higher combos, a wider variety of moves, and avoiding damage delivers more points.Enemy attacks are preempted with a warning icon, which indicate the attack can be countered. Some enemies require different approaches to overcome; knife-wielding thugs must be stunned before they can be attacked,and others must be struck from behind. Some enemies are armed with guns which significantly damage Spider-Man since Spider-Man is still devolping his powers but upgrades will cause less battle.
The game uses a unique damage system—the more damage Spider-Man takes, the more his suit is damaged; returning to the 'hub' area repairs the suit. By finding different spider symbols in certain parts of New York and taking photos of them, alternate costumes can be unlocked, such as "Big Time" Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), a color-inverted version of the Future Foundation costume, the Sam Raimi trilogy red and blue suit when you get the Miles Morales and Tobey Maguire's portayal of Peter Parker pre-order DLC or Rhino/Punisher pre-order DLC.
In the Game the player can see and Play as Peter Parker as you are him in multiple missions and has restrictions as you can not Swing through New York but if in an stealth area as an ally of somesort he fights as if he is in the suit and also there he can climb walls and takes more damage then if in the suit.He can take pictures and report them to J.Jonah Jameson and if you are Spider-Man will switch into Peter Pakrer to turn in Pictures.A DLC costume pack comes with differnt versions of Peter Parker which are Tobey Maguire's version,The 2008 Spectacular Spider-Man Peter Parker,The 1990 Animated Series Peter Parker,1960's Comic Version,1977's Nicholas Hammond's version,1980's Comic Verison,Tobey Magurie's Symboite from 2007's Spider-Man 3,Modern 2000's Peter Parker, and Earth X Old,Fat Peter Parker.To switch form the suit to Peter Parker you must go back to his hub and can chose the option.
- 5 Months have passed Since Spider-Man has beat the Lizard and he is still adjusting to being Spider-Man as there is still crime.Peter goes with Gwen to her fathers Funeral but there a man named Kingpin fire guns at the Funeral looking for Gwen Stacy and Peter covers her and he fights off some off his goons until they outgun him and he escapes.When he gets home Gwen comes a along and Gwen wonders why so he and her break into the police department to find files on George Stacy and see the reason is that he has the most arrest of Kingpin's men then any other cop and 5 years before Gwen was born he used to be undercover cop in Kingpin's group and now Kingpin wants Gwen dead for revenge.Kingpin then calls an event called "Year of Crime" in which he says that which ever criminals can cause the most mayhem and crime in the next 4 months will get 9 Billion dollars and starts another event called "Kill Stacy" saying who ever can kill Gwen Stacy before the end of the month also gets 9 billion dollars worrying both Gwen and Peter so Peter suggest that they ship he whole family to a different state but she decides to stay to help Peter stop Kingpin and he does let her stay.Spider-Man now has admissions to stop crime and also has made a device that he put on Gwen to know her location and if she is in danger or not.Spider-Man while swinging sees a Heli-copter heading near Gwen and after efforts he brings down the Heli-copter.Spider-Man then tracks these villains talking to find out Kingpin's location and he tries to go to Pin's hideout but Pin's bodyguard Beetle stops Spider-Man and he fights him and after he beats him after going army's of men he gets to Kingpin and Spider-Man fights him and Kingpin calls of Stacy's hit but Spider-Man sense she has been captured by Shocker in a truck full of the gang which broke him out and Spider-Man is able to stop the truck and save Gwen Stacy.
- 2 months have passed and Norman Osborn health is once again going down and he knows it has something to do with Spider-Man so he decides to send an assassins with Donald Menken they both hire someone to capture Peter Parker and they send Kraven The Hunter so one day with Peter now a senior Kraven attacks the school and Peter talks peace until Kraven attacks and he is forced to fight a little bit as Peter Parker but then hides mostly and gets into his Spider-Man suit and they fight until the police arrive at the scene and he leaves.Spider-Man is fixing his suit until Mary Jane comes over they talk until Spider-Man senses Kraven's presence and there he ask why he is after him and Kraven tells him since Osborn is dying he needs his blood and knows everything about him but then leaves but summon henchmen on his house so he gets Aunt May and May Jane out of the house and fights off the henchmen.Gwen is worried for Peter as the same thing was happening to her but they both pin point location of all OsCorp lab location in which they test on random people so Spider-Man takes out each of those and then he does more re-search on Kraven with Gwen's help but as they talk on the phone Kraven attacks Peter in and Peter changes into Spider-Man and lures Kraven away from his home until Kraven calls for "Prototype Slayer" and a Giant machine monster attacks Spider-Man while he still tries fighting Kraven and Norman is watching all of this on his TV but Spider-Man beats the giant Slayer and beats Kraven but then an angry Norman puts on his Goblin suit and he and Spider-Man fight through the sky's of New York but when the battle heads towards OsCorp tower Spider-Man throws Norman form his glider and web his back breaking it and Norman goes to heal in OsCorp and Kraven then one night arrives at Peter's home and warns him that he will come back to fight Spider-Man since he is a good foe and to be ready.
- 2 months Pass and Peter is sent to a crime scene from Jameson and Peter sees new Captain Jean DeWolff at the scene Peter ask what happened and she reveals to him that this is the case of the "Looks"Serial Killer who has been killing since Kingpin was caught and that he Dangerous and the victim is 2005's Miss New York.Another murder happens and this time Peter sees it's 2006 Miss New York and Peter get's hunch that he might be targeting the Most voted pretty woman un NYC and Peter tells this to Jean DeWolff who believes his theory and tells this to the Liutente and Peter gose to his Daily visit to Curt Conners and there he shows Conner the evidence and Conners thinks it's a crazy man.Spider-Man then is watching over 2007's Miss New York until a Man comes in and Ask her if she has been in a pagent and she says Yes but the Man points a gun at Her and Spider-Man stops him but the Man then turns into the Lizard and escapes through the window and Spider-Man gose after him as they both leap from building and The man then turns into the Green Goblin and throws bombs at Spider-Man and escapes the Next Day Peter is shocked to see it's the 2007 Miss New York but Peter thinks the villain is killing people with differnt faces and appearnces Spider-Man then tracks down someone he just saw change from a girl to boy thinking it is the man and tracks him to his appartment and at night enters his appartment and calls the police until Chamelon,which Peter calls him attacks him by turning into Gwen then to Lizard but Peter fights him off and Peter sees the wall and a circle around Mary Jane Watson thinking she is his next victim and he goes to Mary Jane's hosue and sees she is sfae and add's a tracking device to her but sees Mayham in the streets caused by the Lizard and stops him.The Next Morining Curt Conners is about to get the Death Penlty a but Peter Pakrer testfys with Evidence and Conners put off until he sense Mary Jane is in Troublue and sees DeWolff about to Shoot Mary Jane and Spider-Man stops her and punches her to see her face fall off and it is a face of White as it is the true Chamelon and he then turns into the Slayer then into Kraven then to Lizard but Spider-Man beats him when he turns into Goblin to which when he activates the Glider to stab Spider-Man form the back he flips and the Glider stabs ino Goblin and the Chamelon turns back to normal but dies and Mary Jane thanks Spider-Man he then finds the actural DeWolff locked in Chamelon's basement trapped and he saves and then the Game ends with Spider-Man swinging through New York but there are still crime and he must Stop crime.
- Dylan O' Brien - Spider-Man/Peter Parker
- Emma Roberts -Gwen Stacy
- Nolan North-Spencer Smythe
- Rodrigo Santoro -Abner Jenkins/Beetle
- Bonnie Wright-Mary Jane Watson
- Ryan Alosio - Shocker/Herman Schultz
- J.B. Blanc - Kingpin/Wilson Fisk
- Steven Blum - Kraven the Hunter/Sergei Kravinoff
- Mark Bramhall - Uncle Ben Parker
- Misty Lee - Jean DeWolff
- Diane Michelle - Aunt May Parker
- Sumalee Montano - Whitney Chang
- Glenn Steinbaum - The Chameleon, Donald Menken
- J.K Simmions - J. Jonah Jameson
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
A video game of the same name developed by Beenox was announced at the 2011 New York Comic Con. They were the development team behind the previous two Spider-Man games, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Spider-Man: Edge of Time. The game was released on June 26, 2012,a PlayStation exclusive for PS3 and PS Vita. Dee Brown of Beenox noted, "The fact that our game is based on the movie, and the movie is re-approaching the universe in a completely different way — a more grounded, more realistic approach — gives us an incredible setting to play with".The game takes place after the events of the film.
The game released on June 26, 2012.The first concept artwork of the game was released on November 10, 2011.A world premiere trailer debuted during the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards, on December 10, 2011.The game was originally developed for the PlayStation 3 and Vita It was later announced that game will be released for PC, however the port was released on August 10, 2012.The game features PlayStation Move support.The game featured pre-order bonuses. Those who pre-ordered the game from Amazon.com will be able to play as Miles Morales and Tobey Maguire Peter Parker (The DLC is available only until Saturday August 4, 2012), whilst those who ordered from GameStop will receive a bonus challenge featuring the Rhino and Punisher.The pre-order bonuses were only made available for the PlayStation 3.
A demo version of the game was released via digital download for the PlayStation 3 on March 6, 2012, and for Playstation Vita March 7.The PlayStation 3 version of Arkham Asylum unlocked a Virtual Version of Aunt May's and Peter's room for players on the social-gaming platform, PlayStation Home .Additionally, North American game retailer GameStop ran a contest which allowed one winner to be rendered in-game as an Civillan who Spider-Man notably's save.
The Amazing Spider-Man received generally positive reviews. Aggregating review websites GameRankings and Metacritic gave the PlayStation 3 version 82.10% and 84/100,and the PlayStation Vita version a 81.91% and a 80/100 GameSpot gave it a 8.5/10, praising its controls and Movie Like feel and Story while criticizing its easiness.
Game Informer had a more critical view of the game, scoring it 8.75/10, complementing it's Strangely good Story for a Moive-Tie in and it's controlls but saying as the fighting is not a good rip-off of Batman Arkham games.IGN gave the game a 9.0/10 with Greg Miller of IGN saying "The visuals aren't stunning, but the story is more complex and thought out for a tie-in movie and it is seen time was spent on this and real free control of the game helps make this game Fun,time consuming and a must play for any Web-head or True Believer!