The PINY Institute of New York Movie (also known as The PINY Movie) is a 2018 Spanish/British/American animated children's adventure musical film. The film is based on the series and the Spanish toy franchise, Pinypon. The film was produced by Famosa Animation and Ánima Kitchent.
The film follows after the events of the second season when The Pinypons: Michelle, Tasha and Lillith, Julia, The Boys and Dory go on a new adventure and meet some new friends. In addition to the show's regular voice cast reprising their roles, the film features the voices of Ben Stiller, Idris Elba, Jim Cummings, John Cleese, Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez, Jada Pinkett Smith, Allias Salmon and Liev Schreiber as new characters.
The PINY Institute of New York Movie premiered at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on October 12, 2018, and was theatrically released in the United States on November 16, 2018 and in the United Kingdom on December 7, 2018. The film received mostly positive reviews from critics and it was a box office success, grossing over $528 million worldwide, against a budget of $80 million.
- Erin Fitzgerald as Michelle Fairchild
- Erica Lindbeck as Lillith Henderson
- Cassandra Lee Morris as Tasha Robinson
- Amanda C. Miller as Madame Forbes
- Cristina Vee as Julia Cooper
- Kira Buckland as Rita Finucci, the main antagonist of the film, she is the new school queen bee.
- Laura Post as Dory Skornik
- Todd Haberkorn as William Bradley
- Kyle McCarley as Sam Ryan
- Ben Stiller as Colin, a friendly business man who befriends Michelle and her friends.
- Idris Elba as Brontos, a talking African elephant from the zoo who is a talented singer.
- Jim Cummings as Alphylis, an elderly wise cat who tells Michelle to guide the way.
- John Cleese as Silas Worthington, a well-dressed British man from the late 19th century who is very polite and has good manners.
- Jennifer Lopez as Rebita, a female moose who is the love interest of Brontos.
- Liev Schreiber as Mr. Nelson, Michelle and Julia's biological father.
- Tara Strong as Mrs. Nelson, Michelle and Julia's biological mother.
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Fenisha, a sassy, but caring supermodel.
- Allias Salmon as Malko, a humanoid lion who may be tough, but good-hearted.
- Will Smith as Bronson, a hip-hop person who befriends Michelle and the girls.
- Ray Chase as James Fairchild, Michelle's adopted father.
- This film takes place after the events of "Coffee Girl".
- Ben Stiller and Jada Pinkett Smith appeared in the Madagascar series.
- In this film, Rita turned out to become more evil and more dangerous than in the series.
- In the rest of the entire film, the Pinypons wore their debut attire, but with newer upgrades. They only wore the current attire at the beginning of the film and the poster.
- This also takes place after the second season of PINY.
- This marks the first appearance of Michelle and Julia's true parents.
- Rita wears her current attire in this film.
- Stella Marie also makes an appearance in the film.
In October 2016, it was officially announced that The Indie Girls and the Beautiful People were to star in their own feature film.