The Little Pony of Buena Vista is a 2018 part animated part live action crossover film. It served as the series finale to the Buena Vista series. The film is directed by Disney Lego.
Twilight Sparkle the Pony and Spike the Dragon have made new friends such as Ernie and Bert. One day - a new person moved to town. It was a retired super hero known as Tommy Oliver. Ernie and Bert befriended him. Twilight and Spike find a job at a place called Harshwhinny Industries. But after Spike caused an accident - Ms. Harshwhinny became furious and kicked them out. Ms. Harshwhinny acts abusive to Twilight. But Baloo the Bear came to save Twilight and killed Ms. Harshwhinny by smashing her with a boulder. One night at Twilight's tree home - Spike gets kidnapped by a mysterious enemy. The next day - a worried Twilight sets off on a quest to rescue the little dragon. She remembered the day when Bagheera the Panther rescued her and welcomed her to the forest after Lord Maliss assasinated her parents.
Meanwhile - Spike had been taken to a castle on a mountain by the kidnapper who is really a man named Huxley. Huxley was friends with Bill the Bug - Oscar the Grouch and a huge menacing creature called The Giant Cookie Monster. They locked Spike in a cage and planned on selling him for money. Somewhere in The Enchanted Forest - Twilight Sparkle tried to find Spike. Huxley sent his pet - a giant chicken to battle the little pony. Twilight had escaped from the giant chicken and made it safely to a hill. That night - Twilight cried herself to sleep. The next day - Twilight woke up and hoped she would find Spike. Tommy Oliver came along and cheers the little pony up. Along with Ernie and Bert - they set off to find Huxley's Castle.
Once the heroes got to the castle - Twilight found Spike and freed him from his cage. They defeated Huxley and got out of the castle. But Twilight and Spike are being chased by The Giant Cookie Monster who threatened to eat them up. Tommy transformed into The Green Power Ranger. With help from his Dragon Zord - Tommy battled The Giant Cookie Monster. The Giant Cookie Monster was about to send The Dragon Zord falling into a river. But He fell off a cliff and into the river below. Tommy had won the battle.
After they got home in the forest - Twilight Sparkle and Spike are happy to have each other back. The next day - Twilight befriended a friendly pony named Flash Sentry. When Twilight finds Spike - she says they will always be the best of friends.
- Tara Strong as Twilight Sparkle - the main protagonist.
- Cathy Weseluck as Spike - the deuteragonist.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver - the tritagonist.
- Matt Vogel and Eric Jacobson as Ernie and Bert - the comic relief characters.
- Veena Sood as Ms. Harshwhinny - the main antagonist.
- Mandy Patinkin as Huxley - the secondary antagonist.
- Dave Golez as The Giant Chicken - the tertiary antagonist.
- Frank Oz as The Giant Cookie Monster - the quaternary antagonist.
- Hayley Westenra as Twilight Sparkle's Singing Voice
- Vincent Tong as Flash Sentry - Twilight's love interest.
- Bill Murray as Baloo - the friendly sloth bear.
- Sir Ben Kingsley as Bagheera - the panther who is best friends with Baloo.