The Jungle Book 2 is a 2017 American live-action musical romance fantasy comedy film starring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Roberts, Aaron Eckhart, Patrick Stewart, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Danny DeVito, Alan Tudyk, Tyler Labine, Nicolas Cage, Michael Gambon, Bill Nighy, Kate Beahan, Ellen Burstyn, and Michael Cera. It is a sequel to The Jungle Book (2015 film). This is an inspiration/remake of Beauty and the Beast.
15 years later after Shere Khan's death, Mowgli is enjoying his life as a jungle boy. He falls in love with a human girl named Katherine Brydon but is hunted down by her ex-fiancé. Meanwhile, the animals must make sure the relationship happens in order to become humans.
The film starts with a prologue that tells what happened before the events of the first film. The narrator reveals that once upon a time Baloo and Bagheera were in a meeting with Rebecca the fox, the elephants, the wolfs, other animals, and even Kaa (except Shere Khan and King Louie). They all are tired of being hunted down and wish they can become humans. They then see a beautiful enchantress (Natalie Portman) who offers them a deal. If the wolves' human son loves another human and gets her love in return, the animals will become humans. But if this fails, then they will turn into stone and die. (the titles "The Jungle Book 2" appears)
10 years later after Shere Khan's, we see the man village. A beautiful girl named Katherine "Shanti" Brydon (Emma Roberts) starts singing and the whole town sings along. During the song, some people call her a "funny girl" and thinks she's strange because she likes to read. However, a villager (James Woods) and the Liberian (Jamie Foxx) respect her. During the song, a handsome Red Coat soldier named William Boone (Aaron Eckhart) and his abused sidekick Buldeo (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) return from a hunting trip. When they see Shanti, Boone claims she is the best because she's beautiful and rich. However, Buldeo warns him that Shanti dislikes him for the difference between them but Boone ignores it and still thinks of her. When they go into town, Boone sings about his plan to woo and marry Shanti but they encounter fan girls (Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Allison Mack, and Erica Durance) singing about Boone but he rejects them by having his horse kick mud at them. Buldeo sadly informs them that none of them will marry Boone because he finds them annoying and treats them like dirt. William picks up flowers but everyone blocks way of getting to Shanti. After the song, William gives the flowers to Shanti and wanders if he'll join her for dinner but she rejects him because one time when they were engaged, he cheated on her with another girl. When she leaves, Buldeo asks William if he is moving on but Boone thinks that Belle's refusal makes her the best pray to not give up on.
In Shanti's house, Shanti's father Geoffrey (Patrick Stewart) is making a music box. Shanti catches him doing it and wishes he wouldn't worry but Geoffrey is too worried because he doesn't want to lose her like he lost her mother. He is going out of town for a few days and leaves Shanti in charge of the house.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Mowgli - The Male Protagonist of the film and he is now 25 years old. Inspiration: The Beast from Beauty and the Beast.
- Emma Roberts as Katherine Shanti Brydon - The Female Protagonist of the film and Mowgli's love interest. Inspiration: Belle.
- Aaron Eckhart as Colonel William Boone - The Main Antagonist of the film and Shanti's former fiancé later Mowgli's arch-rival. He serves as a soldier of the British Red Coats but speaks English. His goal is to marry Shanti and to kill Mowgli. He is the inspiration of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.
- Patrick Stewart as Geoffrey Brydon - Shanti's father. Inspiration: Maurice.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Buldeo - The Former Secondary Antagonist turned Anti-Hero of the film and William's former abused side-kick/punching bag. Unlike Boone, he is kind-hearted and is respected by Shanti for it. Inspiration: LeFou.
- Danny DeVito as Tabaqui - The Tertiary Antagonist of the film. Inspiration: Monsieur D'Arque.
- Alan Tudyk as John Wilkins - One Of The Quarternary later True Secondary Antagonists of the film and Harley's partner. Inspiration: Tom from Beauty and the Beast.
- Tyler Labine as Sergeant Harley - One Of The Quarternary later True Secondary Antagonists of the film and Wilkins' partner. Inspiration: Dick from Beauty and the Beast.
- Nicolas Cage as Baloo - The Main Deuteragonist of the film and Mowgli's best-friend. He was a bear before becoming human.
- Michael Gambon as Bagheera - The Main Tritagonist of the film. He was a black panther before becoming human.
- Bill Nighy as Kaa - A Indian Python who once tried to eat Mowgli but later became his friend.
- Michael Cera as Lucky - A singing bird who is friends with Mowgli.
- Jesse Moss as Sid - Another goon. Inspiration: Stanley from Beauty and the Beast.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Allison Mack, and Erica Durance as The fan girls
- James Woods, Tim Roth, Michael Madson, Walter Goggins, and Samuel L. Jackson as the villagers.
- Aaron Eckhart will have black hair for his role.
- Patrick Stewart will have gray hair and beard for his role.
- Michael Gambon will have a white wig for his human role.