The Forest Of Hands And Teeth is a 2015 American Action Adventure Romance written by Simon Kinberg and Jane Goldman and directed by James Gunn starring Taissa Farmiga, Cameron Palatas, Ty Simpkins, Sterling Beaumon, Jeremy Sumpter, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Nicola Peltz, Lorelei Linklater, Susan Sarandon and John C. Reilly.
The film is based on the 2009 novel of the same name by Carrie Ryan and was filmed in Quebec and Montreal, Canada.
The book's rights were bought out in 2010 by Universal and Legendary Pictures in conjunction with Relativity Media.
The film secured a budget of $7,567,287 aided by Robert Rodriquez and Guillermo Del Toro who signed onto the project under neither's respective production companies, (Rodriquez working under Legendary and Del Toro under Relativity).
The film's creature designs were sketched out by Del Toro and Joe Letteri.
The film is slated for a large, worldwide theatrical release on September 12th, 2015 kicking off with a Switzerland pre-screening for lucky audiences and critics as well as Swedish collaborators who helped with the creation of many of the major Universal Studios sets after a backlot fire.
In a dystopian world overrun by the monstrous, infected humans of society lies a fenced in village ruled by the Sisterhood of the safe haven's sacred church and by the elite warriors known as The Guardians.
Also lies idealist, young Mary a orphaned girl who lost both her parents to the infection which has swept their world and idolizes the triumphant tale of her mother's undying love for the man of her dreams which bore her a beautiful child.
Mary struggles against a resentful brother Jed, her only friend Cass who is with handsome villager Travis the 'man of her dreams' and who has his brother Harry doting after her affections.
Things become more complicated with a breach of their safe haven village as the Mudo (The Infected) bypass in and a massacre begins of the most of the village.
Handfuls escape and Mary accompanied by Cass, Travis and Harry find themselves stuck in the Forest Of Hands and Teeth, a closed off dangerous woodland connecting to a bunch of other hidden villages and one swarming with delirium, spirits and the Mudo.
As the group presses on they uncover a conspiracy linking back to their village's order of the Sisterhood and find themselves aligned with a young accident prone boy Jacob and a girl their age Gabrielle on the run from her village's sacred order out to silence her, as well as the Mudo of her village of Vista relentlessly seeking her out.
Their only salvation lies on Mary's proclaimed safe haven off The Ocean and The Mysterious Man On The Beach.
- Taissa Farmiga as Mary
- Cameron Palatas as Travis
- Ty Simpkins as Jacob
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Harry
- Sterling Beaumon as Elias
- Jeremy Sumpter as Jed
- Elizabeth Olsen as Beth
- Nicola Peltz as Cass
- Lorelei Linklater as Gabrielle
- Melora Walters as Mary's Mom
- Thomas Haden Church as Mary's Father
- Susan Sarandon as Sister Tabitha
- John C. Reilly as The Lighthouse Keeper
- Morgan Lily as Young Mary
- Mason Cook as Young Travis
- Griffin Gluck as Young Harry
- Sidney Fullmer as Young Cass
The film was scored by Marco Beltrami though featured a small majority of songs featured for the finalized soundtrack for purchase:
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Past Intercut/Mother's Voice- Marco Beltrami
- The Village/The Fences- Marco Beltrami
- The Sisterhood- Marco Beltrami
- The Guardians- Marco Beltrami
- Grandmother's Stories Intercut- Marco Beltrami
- The Breach- Marco Beltrami
- The Mudo- Marco Beltrami
- Village XIV- Marco Beltrami
- Gabrielle- Marco Beltrami
- Jacob & The Purging Fire- Marco Beltrami
- Beth's Transformation- Marco Beltrami
- The Ocean- Marco Beltrami
- Two Paths- Marco Beltrami
- Cass & Jacob- Marco Beltrami
- Travis & Mary- Marco Beltrami
- The Man On The Beach/Lighthouse Signal- Marco Beltrami
- Sister Tabitha's Final Stand- Marco Beltrami
- What Remains- Marco Beltrami
- Runaways - The Killers
- Knee Socks- Arctic Monkeys
- Summertime- Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- The Teddy Bears Picnic- Henry Hall & His Orchestra
- Angels Forever- Lana Del Rey