Baldi's Basics is a mixed media comedic horror film based on the Baldi's Basics games created by mystman12. It was released on May 10th, 2021.
Andrew is just an average student at Here School. One day his friend (and secret crush) Amber left 20 notebooks at school and has asked him to get them. Unfortunately, he is not alone in the building. Other students and the school staff are going to be in his way.
- Jim Carrey as Superintendent of the Place, superintendent of Here School. He is also the manager of Somewhere School District.
- Tom Holland as Andrew, the main protagonist.
- Peyton List as Amber, one of Andrew's friends and his secret crush.
- Drake Bell as TimTom, a male student at Here School. His favorite thing to do is throw baseballs at Baldi.
- Ben Affleck as Principal of the Thing, the principal of Here School.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy as Professor Molecule, Here School's science teacher.
- Steve Carell as Dr. Reflex, the school doctor at Here School.
- Stephen Fry as Joe, Here School's bus driver. He loves his bus.
- Freddie Highmore as Pencil Boy, a male student at Here School. He likes stabbing people with pencils which annoys the Principal.
Motion Capture CGI Actors
- Philip Wiegratz as This is a Bully, a male student at Here School. His favorite pastime is blocking hallways and taking other people's items
- Chris Saradon as Filename2, a 4th wall breaker who tries to warn Andrew about the dangers of Here School.
- Seth MacFarlane as Filename1, Filename2's older brother.
- Frank Welker as 1st Prize, a loving robot who loves to hug, showing that it is compassionate towards others. He especially likes to hug moose.
- Frank Welker also voices PlaceFace and TestDithered.
- Mel Brooks as Gotta Sweep, a personified broom that likes to sweep.
2D animation Voice actors
- Kelsey Grammer as 0th Prize, Here School's assistant janitor.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Playtime, a female student at Here School. She loves to play jump rope.
- Anna Kendrick as Playtimei, Playtime's cousin.
- Colleen O'Shaughnessy as Johnny, owner of Here School's shop.
- Oliver Kalkofe as Chalkles, a chalkboard drawing. He loves to cause mischief around Here School.
CGI Voice actors
- Rodger Bumpass as Baldi, one of Here School's teachers. He gets angry every time someone gets a math problem wrong. He is the main antagonist.
- Lily Tomlin as Mrs. Pomp, one of Here School's teachers. She usually has a calm, enthusiastic, happy-go-lucky mood. If her instructions are not followed, she will unleash her rage.
- Tom Kenny as SpoopBalloons.
Claymation Voice actors
- Selena Gomez as Música, Here School's music teacher.
- Imelda Staunton as Ms. McElligott, Here School's librarian.
- Kevin Clash as Arts & Crafts, a shy sock puppet with the ability to teleport people.
- Kevin Clash also plays Cloudy Copter, a cloud that enjoys being a cloud doing "cloudy things".
- David Joyner as Beans, a male student at Here School. He likes to "impress" others by blowing bubble gum. He usually ends up spitting the gum at other people.
- Alex Pettyfer as Franks, another male student. He prefers sucking on mints to chewing gum.
Stop Motion Voice Actors
- Jennifer Saunders as Madam Soufflé, Here School's cafeteria lady.
- Shakira as Lady Fix-it, Here School's mechanic. She mainly does maintenance on the elevators.
- Richard McGonagle as Mr. Golf, Here School's PE teacher.
- Julie Andrews as herself.
- Weird Al Yankovic as himself.
- Dick Van Dyke as himself.
- Adele as a retired reporter.
- Robert Downey Jr as himself.
- Racheal Platton as herself.
- Johnny Depp as himself.
- Andy Grammer as a tourist.
- Baldi's Basics theme (movie remix)
- Here School Musical
- Ode to Baldi
- Raspberry Beret by Prince
- Little Bitty Pretty One by Jackson 5
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Little Red Corvette by Prince
- Where Evil Grows by The Poppy Family
- Another One Rides the Bus by Weird Al Yankovic
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
- Baldi's Field Trip by Random Encounters
- Baldi's Big Zoo by Random Encounters
- Down on the Farm by Bob the Builder
- I'm Collecting all the Notebooks
- I'm Blue by Eiffel 65
- SexyBack by Justin Timberlake
- Macarena (River Remix 103 BPM) by Los del Rio
- Waka Waka by Shakira
- Baldi's Basics is the third collaboration between Stephen Fry and Alex Pettyfer. The other movies were Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker and Tom Brown's School Days.
- Filename2 is possibly Playtime's father. That would make Filename1 Playtime's uncle and Playtimei's father.
- Baldi's Basics uses all forms of animation.
- The song Here School Musical is a parody of Sesame Street's Preschool Musical which is a parody of High School Musical.
- Here School has multiple floors. This is a node to the Wayside School books by Louis Sachar. The schoolhouse in Baldi's Basics Plus also has multiple floors.
- Amber's personality is very similar to Addison's from Z-O-M-B-I-E-S.
- Some of the floors have references to Wayside School such as the equation BOYS + BOYS = SILLY.
- The look of Here School library is a reference to Scooby-Doo Mystery Begins.
- At some point in the movie, Superintendent of the Place dances to Where Evil Grows. This is a reference to the 2020 film adaptation of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Here School library seems to own at least one copy of every book Dr. Seuss ever wrote.
- Andrew's personality is similar to Peter Parker except he doesn't take up crime fighting.
- Christopher Lee was originally planned to play Dr. Reflex but couldn't due to his death. Then Bill Nye the Science Guy wanted the role, but the role of Dr. Reflex was ultimately given to Steve Carell because of Gru's convincing dentist façade in Despicable Me.
- In the storage room at Here School, you can see the following: a skeleton with a Viking helmet from Lemonade Mouth, a poster promoting the TV series Skylanders Academy, an Erie Pointe Country Club shirt from Scooby-Doo Curse of the Lake Monster, a copy of all of the High School Musical movies, a bust of Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus, the sorcerer's stone, a copy of Sideways Arithmetic from Wayside School, and Molly Mcintire's Miss Victory dress from Molly: An American Girl on the Homefront.
- All classroom doors in Here School are blue like in the Baldi's Basics game. The doors of Here School just so happen to be yellow.
- The supplies closet is orange just like in Baldi's Basics Plus.
- Música seems to be a fan of Michael Jackson and Prince.
- It is heavily implied that Franks might have a crush on Playtimei.
- Voice modification software was used for Mrs. Pomp's rage.
- De-aging technology had to used to make Drake Bell and Freddie Highmore look like 12 year old's for their roles as TimTom and Pencil Boy respectively.
- While Drake Bell physically portrayed TimTom, the voice work for TimTom was done by Nancy Cartwright.
- The director had originally wanted Lorena Gale to play Ms. McElligott. Unfortunately, she died on June 21, 2009.
- Sean Connery was set to make a physical cameo, but due to his death on October 31st, 2020 the director decided to go with a James Bond Easter egg instead.
- The Baldi's Basics movie has been in production since January 2, 2020.
- The song Ode to Baldi actually has nothing to do with Ode to Joy, but rather is a parody of Wonka's Welcome song from Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Amber is a fan of Doki Doki Literature Club.
- Beans unsurprisingly has no friends.
- Ms. McElligott is named after a former librarian at Wilson Elementary School (now called Wildcat Elementary School) in Corvallis, Oregon.
- The song I'm Collecting all the Notebooks is a parody of I've Got a Golden Ticket from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- Playtimei is based on a Baldi fanon character of the same name created by MEMZ.