The Animaniacs is a American live action/animated musical comedy film directed by Bobby and Peter Farrelly, written and produced by Drew Gars. The film is based on the Warner Bros. 1993–98 animated series Animaniacs. The film stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, with Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell and Tress MacNeille reprising their roles as Animaniacs characters Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.
A statement on censorship.
- Ryan Gosling as Ted Harris, a struggling actor trying to get a lead role.
- Emma Stone as Ingrid Bishop, a journalist for the LA Times and Ted's love interest.
- Tom Wilkinson as Nikolai Ettinger, a Christian minister and the founder and leader of the Family's Entertainment Association (FEA).
- Jason Stathem as Remme Shades, an assassin hired by Minister Ettinger to take out the Warner Siblings.
- Maya Rudolph as Jena Fredricks, the CEO of Netflix.
- Ryan Hansen as Harlan, an FEA assistant who is loyal to Minister Ettinger.
- John Michael Higgins as Chairman Censors, the head of the FCC who is on Minister Ettinger’s pocket.
- TBA as Harry Warner,
- TBA as Albert Warner,
- TBA as Sam Warner,
- TBA as Jack L. Warner,
- TBA as Fredric Wertham,
- Steven Spielberg as himself
- Rob Paulsen as Yakko Warner, Pinky and Dr. Scratchansniff
- Jess Harnell as Wakko Warner
- Tress MacNeille as Dot Warner, Marita Hippo, Hello Nurse and Mindy's Mother
- Maurice LaMarche as The Brain and Squit
- Sherri Stoner as Slappy Squirrel
- Nathan Ruegger as Skippy Squirrel
- Nancy Cartwright as Mindy
- Frank Welker as Buttons, Ralph, Thaddeus Plotz, Runt and Flavio Hippo
- Chick Vennera as Pesto
- John Mariano as Bobby
- Bernadette Peters as Rita
- 125 minutes long.
- The film is rated PG for action violence, mild language and some sensual content.
- The film is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group, while produced by Amblin Entertainment and RatPac-Dune Entertainment.