The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (also known as The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Revenge of the Green Goblin in some countries) is an upcoming 2019 superhero film starring the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. The movie is the third installment in the series and will serve as a sequel to both 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and 2016's Sinister Six and will be released by Columbia Pictures. The movie will once again be directed by Marc Webb and is scheduled for a May 2019 release. The movie will be released in Real D 3D, Dolby Cinema, and IMAX 3D.
Picking up where The Amazing Spider-Man 2 left off, Peter tries to recover from Gwen's death. Meanwhile, he has to deal with school, new friend Mary Jane Watson, a mysterious black substance, and the deadly team-up of the Sinister Six.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Angelina Jolie as Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman
- Emmy Rossum as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/The Rhino
- Emma Watson as Jill Stacy
- Ewan McGregor as Gabriel Stacy
- Jemma Dallender as Teresa Parker
- This marks the final film in the series to be directed by Marc Webb.
- John Malkovich was originally going to portray Vulture in Spider-Man 4 before it was cancelled in 2010.
- This is the first main Spider-Man movie to feature the Sinister Six.
- This is the first main movie in the series not to feature Mary Parker.
- The movie was originally going to be released in 2016 but, was pushed back by two years because the Sinister Six spin-off took the 2016 slot.
- This movie is similar to 2007's Spider-Man 3 since they both involve Peter obtaining the symbiote and struggling with his dark side.
Both Andrew Garfield and Shailene Woodley have said that they would "consider" appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man 4.
A video game based on the movie is currently in development by Beenox and will be released shortly before the movie's release. It will be coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and Microsoft Windows.