The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (internationally marketed as The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Age of Goblin) is the third installment in the series and a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and will be released by Columbia Pictures.
Picking up where The Amazing Spider-Man 2 left off, Peter tries to recover from Gwen's death. Meanwhile, he has to deal with school, new friend Mary Jane Watson, a mysterious black substance, and the deadly team-up of the Sinister Six.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Angelina Jolie as Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman
- Emmy Rossum as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl
- Matthew McConaughey as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/The Rhino
- Emma Watson as Jill Stacy
- Ewan McGregor as Gabriel Stacy
- Jemma Dallender as Teresa Parker
- Zachary Quinto as Quentin Beck/Mysterio
- This marks the final film in the series to be directed by Marc Webb.
- In the original plans for an unproduced Spider-Man 4, which was part of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man film franchise, Vulture was set to be the main villain with John Malkovich cast in the role.
- Felicity Jones would have reprised her role as Felicia Hardy
- Mysterio was originally intended to be a villains of Spider-Man 4, part of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man franchise, which would've seen him be portrayed by Bruce Campbell, who had played cameos in all the previous three films.
- This is the first main Spider-Man movie to feature the Sinister Six.
- The movie was originally going to be released in 2016 but, was pushed back by two years because the Sinister Six spin-off took the 2016 slot.
Both Andrew Garfield and Shailene Woodley have said that they would "consider" appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man 4. Woodley said it would be "easy to pick up where we left off. We know what we are doing, we know how to do it. It's just a hell of a lot of fun.
In August 2018, Sony chief executive Matthew Tolmach said: "We're very pleased with the financial performance of The Amazing Spider-Man 3, and we believe it is an ongoing franchise. We're going to do [another one], but we don't have clarity yet on how it should be done." Marc Webb said: "Andrew's kind of really smart, but as I said, kind of really annoying, too much energy. When he would get too rambunctious, I would tell him that for The Amazing Spider-Man 4, Andrew is out and [his son] Asa Butterfield is in … if we continue on this path, it won't be released until 2031 but it will be damn good." Andrew Garfield said that: "Asa is already 20 years old, so he's at that mythological boys age, you know – it's time for his bro-mitzvah. So he's right at that place ... He's ready to test me so he can't come anywhere near my movies right now!"
In May 2019, Garfield stated that he may indeed return for the fourth film, saying, "As far as I'm concerned, I've got the best job in the world. I'll keep doing it as long as I still get a kick out of it. If I were to stop doing it, I would miss it terribly."
In September of 2019, Sony Pictures' Chairman Tony Vinciquerra confirmed plans to implement Spider-Man into the SMU.
In November 2019, Matthew McConaughey confirmed that Vulture would return in the fourth film.
In January 2020, Sony Pictures has casting call announcement that Andrew Garfield and Matthew McConaughey to return for the fourth film.
In February 2020, Woodley confirmed her return for the fourth film.
There were rumors that the third and fourth installment would be shot back-to-back with Rossum as the lead role, which he and Webb denied.
A video game based on the movie is currently in development by Beenox and will be released shortly before the movie's release. It will be coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and Microsoft Windows.