The All is a 2017 American violent drama film written by Kevin Williamson and directed by Peter
|Directed by||Peter Berg|
|Written by||Kevin Williamson|
|Narrated by||Chad Michael Murray|
Chad Michael Murray
|Music by||Stewart Copeland|
|Editing by||Dan Lebental|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Release date(s)||November 25, 2017|
|Running time||105 minutes|
Berg starring Chad Michael Murray, Tom Hiddleston, Ben Barnes, Jesse Williams, Joseph Morgan, Danielle Fishel, Sienna Miller, Summer Glau, Scottie Thompson, Krysten Ritter, Clint Howard and John Hawkes.
It features prominent performances from famous actor Kevin Spacey and infamous actress Linda Blair.
The film won two Academy Awards 1. For Best Supporting Actor: Kevin Spacey 2017 and 2. Best Leading Actor: Chad Michael Murray 2017.
It is also garnered an Emmy Award for Best Picture and Golden Globe award for Best Screenplay as well as Emmy Award nominations for the performances of Tom Hiddleston and Danielle Fishel.
Appearing Actresses Sienna Miller and Daveigh Chase secured awards for Independant Youth Award (Miller) and Most Powerful Teen Performance (Chase).
The film is shot in an strange eccentric way as many of the story themes before being cut to will have a flash of a symbolic image and green text reading the theme.
Writer Kevin Williamson and directed Berg refer to this as the Systematic Ladder.
A portrayal of four men recovering from the brutal sexual and psychical abuse inflicted upon them in the year they served under the clutches of four very sick men when they were only 13 years old.
The men end up running away to Hell's Kitchen come age 17 and serving as gay hustlers throughout the streets under the service of a secretive agency titled The Balmont Delivery.
They are assigned a pimp or pimp's instructors whom assign them their money and jobs.
As the story unfolds and what seems to be just a tragic mourning aftermath reaching no climax is blown apart with an intricate revenge scheme overseeing four damaged boys placing themselves where they need to be to get those behind the sick paedophile men whom abducted them and stripped them of their innoncence.
The film begins with the fictional Metropolitan Tunnell in 1985 when the four main character men are boys and are all horribly raped by four men.
Addressing of Angels
The four damaged main character men address each other in codename with King Joseph Version Angels.
They each also have a possession which they credit as their angel possession in the film.
In the film the story is cut up into themes which all have a symbolic image presented to the viewer along with the theme's name in green text. The following are the themes used and their image representations:
- The Beginning- Image of Tunnel
- The Following- Image of Handcuffs on a brown table with a coffee mug next to it
- The Clients- Image of a paper list full of people's names on the same brown table as before
- The World- Image of Planet Earth and then flashes of racing Manhattan Traffic
- The Search- Image of phone and binoculars upon brown table
- The Four Gentlemen-Shock- Image of one of the rapists whom is an old man and part of the Four Gentlemen
- The System- Image of Ladder which then becomes a graphic of one falling upon you
- The Interstate Tow Man- Image of rapist no.2 whom is the tow man
- The Faith- Image of rapist no.3 whom is a Church Minister
- The Doubt- Image of the four main character men in an argument which then quickly becomes the scene
- The Pimp- Image of the masked fourth and final rapist of the boys whom turns out to be Pimp Tarvin Ingrid as an unmasked image shows him
- The Fury- Image of Walt Wevvermire grabbing at his head in a cubicle which then quickly becomes the scene
- The Ending- Image of Gallamore Gidos in his car coming into a tunnel which then quickly becomes the scene
- Chad Michael Murray as Gallamore Gidos / Michael
- Tom Hiddleston as Walt Wevvermire / Gabriel
- Ben Barnes as Jean-Jauve Jervin / Lucifer
- Jesse Williams as F-Fermont / Raphael
- Joseph Morgan as Damaged Harrison Horting/ Pimp of Walt Wevvermire
- Kevin Spacey as Sir Serdine Valiant/ Pimp of Gallamore Gidos
- Linda Blair as Mrs. Gertrice Gervant Valiant/ Pimp of Gallamore Gidos
- Danielle Fishel as Matilda Roseberg
- Sienna Miller as Sarah Darling
- Summer Glau as Schoolgirl Patricia Woolvenberry
- Scottie Thompson as Billwoman Betty Ingrid/ Pimp of F-Fermont
- John Hawkes as Tarvin Ingrid/ Pimp of F-Fermont
- Clint Howard as Vanning Ingrid/ Pimp of F-Fermont
- Krysten Ritter as Julie-Julie-Julie Wevvermire / Short Term Memory Loss Sister of Walt
- Daveigh Chase as Dead Nicole Gidos/ The Foresworn Word
- Gilbert Gottfried as Struggling Comedian Tall Bridges/ Client of Walt/ Member of the Older Gentleman Friendship Circle/ Bestfriend of Blaverby Chestle
- Leslie Jordan as Lonely Plantation Owner and Golfer Blaverby Chestle/ Client of Gallamore/ Leader of the Four Older Gentlemen Friendship Circle
- Clancy Brown as Widow Cop Barbet Hollis/ Member of the Older Gentleman Friendship Circle/ Client of Jervin
- Matthew Modine as Casabert Feuderman/ Skilled dancer and husband of Lorianna/ Client of F-Fermont
- Rosanna Arquette as Lorianna Feuderman/ Skilled dancer and wife of Casebert/ Client of F-Fermont
- Noah Dahl as Tyler Gidos
- When the Sun Goes Down- Arctic Monkeys
- Thunder In My Heart Again- Meck featuring Sayo
- Sorry- Madonna
- Crazy- Gnarls Barkley
- Smile- Lily Allen
- I Don't Feel Like Dancin'- Scissor Sisters
- America- Razorlight
- Stargirl- McFly
- Grace Kelly- Mika
- Shine- Take That
- The Way I Are- Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson (Played Mrs. Gertrice at the Valiant Residence before an injured Gallamore shows up. Gertrice and Serdine dance to the song briefly.)
- With a Little Help From My Friends- Sam & Mark
- Lola's Theme- Shapeshifters
- Call On Me- Eric Prydz
- Pjanoo- Eric Prydz
- Vertigo- U2
- What's It Like- Everlast
- The Passenger- Iggy Pop
- Don't Fall In Love- The Ferrets
- Waiting On The World To Change- John Mayer
- Beautiful Girls- Sean Kingston
- Promiscuous- Nelly Furtado
- Time- Red Hot Chilli Peppers