Talia is a 2018 3D Australian-American-Spanish upcoming comedy fantasy adventure film.
The film was released on May 18, 2018. The film was produced by Kandor Graphics while it was written by Zareh Nalbandian and directed by Andrew Adamson with co-directed by Manuel Sicilia and co-prodcued by John Stevenson and Mark Osborne.
The film often stars the voices of the original cast reprising their roles such as Freddie Highmore, Saoirse Ronan, Alfred Molina, Tamsin Egerton, Julie Walters and James Cosmo as well as Charles Dance, Barry Humphries, David Walliams, Mark Strong, Rupert Everett, Olivia Williams and Michael Culkin. New characters for the spin-off film were voiced by Hugo Weaving, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill, Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Sam Claflin, Anthony LaPaglia, Ian McShane, John Cleese, John Hurt, Helen Mirren and a few others.
The film was also shown in 3D, Real D 3D, Digital 3D and IMAX 3D format. Production companies by Aliwood Mediterráneo Producciones, Kandor Graphics, Out Of The Box Features. It was distributed by Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Releasing UK.
Talia goes on a journey with her friends to save her uncle from an evil villain who wants to destroy her. She confronts her long lost past from the loss of her parents.
Set many 7 months after the original film; A flashback as a little girl which is supposedly a little girl Talia which her parents raises her.
In present day, Justin and Talia were trained by Blucher. Justin and his love Talia went on a date night together. The Queen hears the news that some might be challenges in the kingdom. Lara has been invited to a party the next night. She apologises to Justin for being snobbish right after according the flashback, they heal Blucher and also since Justin and Talia are lovers, they became close friends even a crush to him. After heading to the Tower of Wisdom, they visit Blucher, Legantir and Braulio and their new friend Salzara, who is a friend of Reginald, they show him a new Justin statue which they built.
During the visit, Legantir accidentally reveals that when Blucher’s father meet Talia’s father, Braulio also accidentally reveals that Reginald meet Talia’s father, right before he died. Which disheartens upsets Talia, who, is saddened how he misses her parents, Justin comforts her and explains how she was just a little baby, Talia understands why Gran took her in when she was a 3 year old. While Melquiades was reading a storybook with a puppet master, The Queen has sense something.
Boggles has burned down a kingdom far away from Gabylonia and have revenge on a knight for banishes him and kills his brother Heraclio. Blucher, Legantir and Braulio witness Justin and Talia’s training and they head home right after that. Meanwhile, Reginald and Gran is having a chat about Justin. After 6 days, Justin trains Talia and they completed it. At night, Talia tells Blucher the story of how she rescues Lara from Sir Clorex.
Boggles hired a new army around the northern borders, meanwhile Sota escaped from jail and apologises to Lara for trying to kidnap her. After many days of training, Blucher showed Talia the death of Sir Roland which he was killed by Heraclio when the Queen exiles the knights by banning them with the law. Also, Blucher tells his story of Boggles, Heraclio’s brother, angered by his brother’s banishment, murdered the girl’s family. Talia was extremely unaware that Boggles nearly slaughtered the girl’s family. Sota teams up with Boggles to stop the girl of wanting to help. Gran met Talia’s uncle and they both settle down for a chat. They often meet Gustav, a flying crocodile who aids Talia just like he did with Justin. According to a flashback, Justin, Talia and Lara rides home to Gabylonia.
Legantir sends Justin and Talia go to find Boggles with the help of Gustav, Justin messes everything up but he accidentally let Boggles escape and the two fly back to the tower. Justin and Talia have an argument and they had a fall out, wishing that Justin chooses Lara over her, which Talia was in tears state; but Blucher and Legantir helps Justin to reconcile with Talia (in tears because she broken up with Justin because she wishes she never met Justin and wishing that Reginald got killed instead. Plus, she angrily called Justin useless and she wanted Justin to go back being a lawyer. She regretted in tears that hurting her feelings too. Point is, she misses her family and it is very hard for her) who is still in tears regretting that she is left alone.
After this, Talia tells Justin a flashback from the original film; saying goodbye to Justin despite the fact she still look for him at the party and she regretted helping him when he tried to save Lara from Sota at the party and she apologies to Justin for not helping him, in which he forgives him. Later, Blucher tells Talia the story of how Gran, Reginald’s mother took her in.
After the defeat of Boggles, the kingdom throw a party and several weeks later, Justin and Talia head on another adventure and the film ends.
- Saoirse Ronan as Talia, the main protagonist. She is having a supporting role and she is also the same self, a 17 year old girl. Like Justin, she also has a huge role. Her full name is Talia Eagle as a little girl.
- Ben Kingsley as Captain Mountaer
- Michael Caine as Shanra, Talia’s uncle.
- Freddie Highmore as Justin, the hero of the story and a curious young man who dreams of becoming a knight like his grandfather.
- Charles Dance as Legantir, the head monk of the abbey who is very severe, wise, and trains Justin.
- Antonio Banderas as Sir Clorex, a pompous knight with deceiving looks who learns his lesson when he gets mixed up with the evildoers who try to take over the kingdom.
- Mark Strong as Heraclio, the villain of the piece and a fallen knight who plots to seize the throne.
- Olivia Williams as the Queen, whose noble spirit was dampened after the king died and has outlawed knights to prevent further tragedy.
- James Cosmo as Blucher, who was once Justin's grandfather's best friend and helps Justin.
- Rupert Everett as Sota, Heraclio's right-hand man.
- Tamsin Egerton as Lara, the spoiled, fashion-loving daughter of the richest man in the land.
- Evan Rachael Wood as Justin‘s mother
- Alfred Molina as Reginald, Justin's father and chief lawyer of the kingdom, who firmly believes in law and order and forbids his son to become a knight.
- Julie Walters as Gran, Justin's caring grandmother who believes in him and convinces him to follow his heart.
- Barry Humphries as Braulio, one of the three wise monks who is highly intelligent and his faith and nerves are tested when Justin arrives.
- David Walliams as Melquiades
- Michael Culkin as Sebastian
- Kevin Kline as Bird Twin
- Kenneth Branagh as Bird Twin
- Elijah Wood as Henry
- Ian McShane as Boggle’s Second in command
- Frances De La Tour as Queen Syzlie
- Michael Gambon as Captain’s Lieutenant
- Ian McKellen as Sir Roland
- Toby Jones as Fairy
- Tom Baker as Boggles‘ first mate
- Jack Black as Ryan, one of the supporting tritagonists
- Dwayne Johnson as
- John Leguizamo as Man Villager
- Dustin Hoffman as Fortune Teller
- Jim Cummings as
- John Hurt as Boggles, the main antagonist. He is the murder of Talia’s parents. He is sadistic, rude, mean, vicious, aggressive, powerful, merciless, sensitive, greedy, gruff, menacing, murderous, social Darwinist. He is blood thirsty, mean and heartless such threanting to hunt down Gustav, Murder Talia, Justin and her mother and have Lara as his queen.
- Jennifer Lopez as Talia’s mother who lost her husband during the battle with Boggles after he works with Heraclio and she will stop at nothing to help her daughter and Justin to the kingdom of Gabylonia.
- Hugh Jackman as Salzara
- Chris Pratt as Skylar
- Hugo Weaving as King Mantle
- Nicole Kidman as Rosette
- Patrick Stewart as Old Man
- Jim Broadbent as Book Villager
- John Michael Higgins as Talia’s dad who got killed by Boggles
- Catherine Tate as Party Lady
- Joanna Lumley as Flora, Talia’s grandmother
- John Cleese as Male Fairy
- Ray Winstone as King, Queen’s husband who is killed while defending The Walls of Rue.
- Hugh Laurie as Villager
- Bill Hader as Villager
- Tim Curry as Boggle’s henchman
- Essie Davis as Queen Terry
- Ricky Gervais as Baker
- Elle Fanning as Marianne
- Sally Field as Queen Kate
- Anthony LaPaglia as Bobby, a blacksmith
- Joel Edgerton as Guards
- Helen Mirren as Madame Twilight, Heraclio’s wife who gets revenge on Justin for her Husband’s death.
- Sam Claflin as King Mantle
- Kristen Stewart as Queen Salina
- Chris Hemsworth as Male Fairy
- Charlize Theron as Female Fairy
- Cate Blanchett as Fairy
- Andy Serkis as Boggle’s Henchman
- Bill Nighy as Boggle’s Hencman
- Simon Pegg as Crew Partner
- Nick Frost as Crew Partner
- Eddie Marsan as Crew Partner
- Sam Neill as Crew Partner
- Emilie de Ravin as Girl Fairy
- Ryan Kwanten as Boy Fairy
- Jim Sturgess as Kyle
- Geoffrey Rush as Old Wizard
- Rachael Taylor as Fairy
- Peter Dinklage as Pirate Captain, who is Captain Mountaer’s friend and also provides the voices od one of Boggles’ second in command
- Willem Dafoe as Boggles’ scout
- Colin Farrell as General
- Jamie Bell as Justin’s teen friend
- Ed Harris as Boggles’ scout
- Eric Idle as Parrot, one of Captain‘s second in command.
- Abbie Cornish as Ariel
- Jay Laga'aia as Puppet Master
- David Wenham as Pirate Crew
- Emily Barclay as Fairy
- Jessie J as Fairy
- Charlie Day as Queen’s Friend
- Magda Szubanski as Madame
- Miriam Margolyes as Old Lady
- David Field as Various Crew Member
- Deborra-Lee Furness as Female Villager
- Alecia Moore as Queen Alice
- Richard Roxburgh as King Donny
- Margot Robbie as Fairy
- Lopez also provides the voice role of Fairy
- Dan Fogler as Messenger
- George Lopez as a Parrot, Captain Monutaer‘s first mate
- will.i.am as Parrot Friend
- Jamie Foxx as Parrot Friend
- Jeffrey Wright as Guard
- Gary Oldman as Boggles’ Lieutenant
- Domhnall Gleeson as Boggles’ second in command
- Robin McLeavy as Fairy
- Michael Madsen as Boggles’ army
- Lee Evans as Dwarf
- Julie Andrews as Leader Female Fairy
- Matt Smith as Various Villager
- Issac Hempstead Wright as Adam, one of Talia’s friends
- Art Parkinson as Young Justin
- Ben Mendelsohn as Remigo Alexander
- Eva Mendes as Female Princess
- Bryan Brown as Male Prince
- Guy Pearce as Villager
- Rachel Weisz as Talia’s mother friend
- Susan Sarandon as Lady Queen
- Stanley Tucci as Talia’s Dad
- Michael Imperioli as Boggles’ Commander
- Jason Clarke as Various Male Villager
- Jai Courtney as Male Villager
- Melissa George as Villager Woman
- Richard Carter as Boggles’ army
- Barry Otto as Old Man
- Miranda Otto as Old Woman
- Eric Bana as Boggle’s Henchman
- Bruce Spence as Boggles’ henchman
- Teresa Palmer as Stella
- John Noble as Nigel
- Antonio Banderas as Sir Clorex
- Morgan Freeman as Chandel, a soft-spoken, serious and jolly wizard.
- Richard O’Brien as Baker
- Michael Culkin as Sebastian
- Ken Stott as Villager
- Stephen Hughes as Gustav
- E.G. Daily as Baby Talia
- Terrell Ransom Jr as Talia’s little brother
- Lloyd Hutchinson as Champ
- John Hurt passed away after his recording sessions ended in December 2016, finishing his dialogue. The filmmakers wanted the same fate as Heraclio’s death because Boggles have the same fate. Hurt is dedicated at the memory of the film’s end credits. In the U.K. version, Jamie Theakson played one of the villagers which it stil end up in the DVD and Blu Ray Release. Out of respect for John Hurt, the staff payed respects.
All of the cast from the original film reprise their roles, with new voice actors to voice new characters.
While Saoirse Ronan was finishing filming Brooklyn, she reprise her role from the original film with Highmore, Banderas, Cosmo, Dance, Egerton, Everett, Humphries, Molina, Strong, Walliams, Walters and Williams who all played Justin, Sir Clorex, Blucher, Legantir, Lara, Sota, Braulio, Reginald, Heraclio, Melquiades, Gran and Queen.
Ben Kingsley sign on the voice a new character in the film while Jim Broadbent, Catherine Tate, Joanna Lumley, Hugh Laurie, John Cleese, John Hurt, Ray Winstone, Helen Mirren, Ian McShane, Nick Frost, Frances De La Tour, Michael Gambon, Hugo Weaving, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, Sam Neill, Tom Baker, Eddie Marsan, Sam Claflin, Andy Serkis, Charlize Theron, Joel Edgerton, Jessie J and Anthony LaPaglia all signed in for the role.
The Film was released in May 18, 2018 in United States, United Kingdom and Spain.
Talia has mixed reviews.
Composed by Ilan Eshkeril. The score reuses themes from the original film Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Heroes - Rebecca Ferguson
- At The Dance - Broken Eagle Band
- Knighthood Ceremony/Ballroom/Flashback - Ilan Eshkeri
- First Date - Ilan Eshkeri
- Talia and Blucher - Ilan Eshkeri
- Melquiades Storybook - Ilan Eshkeri
- Justin and Talia Travel - Ilan Eshkeri
- This takes place after the events of Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Like the first film, Entertainment One will be distributed the film in the U.K. release.
- John Cleese, Rupert Everett and Antonio Banderas all starred in Shrek films.
- Released the same year as Mary Queen of Scots, also featuring Saoirse Ronan.
- All of the cast from Justin and the Knights of Valour all reprise their roles from the original film.
- Antonio Banderas and Rupert Everett appear in Shrek 2, Shrek the Third and Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Antonio Banderas and Jose E. Machuca’s second collaboration since The Missing Lynx.
- This is the second time that Saoirse Ronan and Cate Blanchett star together, the first is Hanna.
- John Hurt’s last role before his death in 2017 from cancer at the age of 77.
- This film and Happy Feet (2006) have almost 300 of the same cast and crew members, including first assistant director P.J. Voeten, visual effects supervisor Animal Logic, and actors and actresses Elijah Wood, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Hugo Weaving, Anthony LaPaglia, Miriam Margoyles, Magda Szubanaki and E.G. Daily.
- This takes place after Justin and the Knights of Valour where after Justin was knighted at the end of the original Film and after the hall of heroes where there’s a Justin statue which set for a spin-off film.
- This reunites cast members from Snow White and the Huntsman; Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Sam Claflin, Eddie Marsan, Ian McShane, Toby Jones, Nick Frost and Ray Winstone.
- The second animated feature film to have a spin-off, since Penguins of Madagascar and Puss in Boots.
- Saoirse Ronan, Freddie Highmore, Alfred Molina, Tamsin Egerton, Julie Walters and James Cosmo all reprise their roles from Justin and the Knights of Valour. Also, Braulio and Legantir make a cameo appearance.
- Flashbacks from Justin and the Knights of Valour were used such as Talia rescuing Lara right after Sir Clorex is defeated, Justin leaves while Talia is saying goodbye at the part before Sir Clorex kidnaps Lara and a few many others.
- The cast features three Oscar winners, Sir Ben Kingsley, Cate Blanchett and Jim Broadbent and five Oscar nominees; Antonio Banderas, Ed Harris, Sir John Hurt, Julie Walters and Saoirse Ronan.
- Sam Neill and Ian McShane were both born in September.
- Ray Winstone, Ian McShane and John Hurt were in 44 Inch Chest.
- Ian McKellen and Hugo Weaving were in Lord of the Rings.
- John Cleese and Alfred Molina were in The Pink Panther 2.
- Saoirse Ronan and Julie Walters appear in Justin and the Knights of Valour and Brooklyn.
- Ian McShane and John Hurt were both in Hercules.
- Freddie Highmore (Justin) and John Hurt appear in The Journey.
- Hugh Jackman and Hugo Weaving appear in Happy Feet.
- John Hurt (Boggles) and Charles Dance (Legantir) appear in That Good Night.
- Olivia Williams and Saoirse Ronan both starred in Hanna.
- John Hurt, Toby Jones and Mark Strong appear in Tinkle Tailor Solider Spy.
- Julie Walters and John Hurt were both starred in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Cate Blanchett, Jim Broadbent and John Hurt were all starred in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Ray Winstone and John Hurt appear in The Proposition.
- Hugo Weaving and John Hurt appear in V for Vendetta.
- Hugo Weaving and Jim Broadbent were in Black 47.
- Ian McKellen and Hugo Weaving were also featured in The Hobbit.
- Saoirse Ronan and Mark Strong appear in The Way Back.
- Saoirse Ronan, Rachael Weisz, Michael Imperioli, Susan Sarandon and Stanley Tucci appear in The Lonely Bones, which Hugh Jackman was supposed to star.
- During the fight between Talia and Boggles, they quoted the same lines as Justin and Heraclio from Justin and the Knights of Valour where they battle inside Heraclio’s kingdom.
- Simon Pegg and Bill Hader appear in Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
- Rupert Everett and Simon Pegg appear in Narnia.
- This reunites cast members from Valiant; Jim Broadbent, Hugh Laurie, John Hurt, Ricky Gervais, John Cleese, Tim Curry, and Olivia Williams.
- Alfred Molina and Helen Mirren appear in Monsters University, with Charlie Day
- Freddie Highmore, Antonio Banderas, James Cosmo, Charles Dance, Tamsin Egerton, Rupert Everett, Barry Humphries, Alfred Molina, Mark Strong, David Walliams, Julie Walters, Olivia Williams and Saoirse Ronan all reprise their roles from Justin and the Knights of Valour with Michael Culkin and Richard O’Brien. Yet, Sota and Heraclio appear in the flashback along with Justin’s mother and Sir Roland.
- Sam Neill was cast following his performance on Jurassic Park. His voice and tone sounds like Alan Grant and Allomere.
- Originally, Gustav was supposed to appear
- Saoirse Ronan, Domhnall Gleeson and Julie Walters appear in Brooklyn with Jim Broadbent.
- This reunites cast members from Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole; Jim Sturgess, Emily Barclay, David Wenham, Anthony LaPaglia, Ryan Kwanten, Hugo Weaving, Helen Mirren, Joel Edgerton, Sam Neill, Miriam Margoyles, Richard Roxburgh, Abbie Cornish, Geoffrey Rush, Deborra-Lee Furness and Barry Otto.
- Ricky Gervais, Tim Curry, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Laurie, John Cleese, John Hurt and Olivia Williams all starred in Valiant.
- John Hurt's tragic passing may completed his lines during recording sessions before his final films of 2018. The other one is Damascus Cover.
- Freddie Highmore and Saoirse Ronan who played Justin and Talia both recorded their lines at the recording session booth in one recording studio.
- Freddie Highmore and John Hurt both starred in The Journey.
- Richard E. Grant and John Hurt both appeared in Jackie.
- Ian McShane and John Hurt both appear in Hercules.
- Jamie Bell, Ed Harris and John Hurt both appear in Snowpiercer.
- Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jennifer Lopez and Jessie J both appear in the Ice Age franchise.
- On the weekend UK release, as well the Australian release, the film was praised for animation, directing, music scores, visual effects, screen writing and performances from American, British, Australian, New Zealand and Irish celebrity voice cast.
- Ben Kingsley, Ray Winstone and Ian McShane appear in Sexy Beast.
- Elijah Wood and John Hurt appeared in The Oxford Murders.
- Gena Rowlands and John Hurt appeared in The Skeleton Key.
- Dustin Hoffman and John Hurt both star in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.
- The cast features three Oscar winners, Sir Ben Kingsley, Cate Blanchett and Jim Broadbent and four Oscar nominees; Ed Harris, Sir John Hurt, Julie Walters and Saoirse Ronan.
- Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman appeared in Kung Fu Panda with Ian McShane, Gary Oldman and Dan Fogler.
- Geoffrey Rush appeared in Munich, which Ben Kingsley was originally star.
- Domhnall Gleeson and Ed Harris appear in Mother!.
- Saoirse Ronan, Ben Mendelsohn and Matt Smith appear in Lost River.
- Jim Sturgess, Saoirse Ronan, Colin Farrell and Ed Harris both starred in The Way Back.
- Jack Black and Cate Blanchett appear in The House with a Clock in Its Walls.
- Andrew Adamson was the director of the Shrek franchise, The Chronicles of Narnia, Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away and Mr Pip. He also worked on this film and Mirror Mirror as one of the crew.
- Tom Baker, Jim Broadbent, Joanna Lumley, Bill Nighy and Ray Winstone appear in The Magic Roundabout.
- Cate Blanchett, Jim Broadbent, John Hurt and Ray Winstone appear in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull.
- Boggles is voiced by John Hurt, who also played Max from Midnight Express, Claudandus from Felidae, The Horned King from The Black Cauldron, Hazel from Watership Down, Kane from Alien, John Merrick from The Elephant Man, Winston from Nineteen Eighty-Four, Quentin Crisp from The Naked Civil Servant, Adam Sutler from V For Vendetta, S.R. Hadden from Contact, The War Doctor from Doctor Who and Garrick Ollivander from the Harry Potter films. The difference is that whereas Hurt voiced Claudandus from Felidae, he has the same voice and tone as Adam Sutler from V for Vendetta.
- Ray Winstone and Sir John Hurt appeared in The Proposition (2005) and 44 Inch Chest (2009).
- Hugo Weaving and Sir John Hurt appeared in V for Vendetta.
- Ben Kingsley and Ray Winstone appear in Hugo..
- Critics praised the animation and the performances of the actors and actress in the film, such as Helen Mirren, John Cleese, Dan Fogler, Jim Sturgess, Saoirse Ronan, Dustin Hoffman and many others. Some audiences praised John Hurt’s posthumous performance in this film.
- will.i.am, Jamie Foxx and George Lopez appear in Rio.
- Saoirse Ronan, Rachael Weisz, Michael Imperioli, Susan Sarandon and Stanley Tucci appear in The Lonely Bones, which Hugh Jackman was supposed to star.
- The film was released on the same day as Deadpool 2 and Book Club.
- The job of composing the score was offered to John Powell, but he turned it down because of his work on Planet Adventure.
- Hugh Jackman stated that John Hurt’s performance is "very menacing and he doesn’t play a good guys a lot of things, because I don’t know why because he’s so horrifying. Menacing character with a vindictive attitude, even as a childish animated figure he terrifies me".
- Andy Serkis, Bill Nighy, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman appear in Flushed Away.
- Saoirse Ronan’s first animated film of 2018.
- One of the highest grossing movies of 2018.
- Boggles is very similar to Heraclio; but unlike Heraclio, Boggles is violent, agressive and shares the same personality as Metal Beak and Captain Gutt and also very much more but despite this; he’s similar to Nigel from Rio.
- John Leguizamo and Dustin Hoffman appear in Chef and Romeo: A Dog’s Tale.
- John Leguizamo, Jack Black, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jennifer Lopez, Jessie J and Peter Dinklage appear in Ice Age.
- Peter Dinklage, David Walliams, Rupert Everett, Ray Winstone and Simon Pegg appear in Narnia.
- This film reunites cast members from Game of Thrones; James Cosmo, Charles Dance, Jim Broadbent, Issac Hempstead Wright, Essie Davis, Richard E. Grant and Peter Dinklage.
- Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie appear in Mary Queen of Scots.
- Hugo Weaving and David Wenham appear in Oranges and Sunshine
- Freddie Highmore and Simon Pegg both share a birthday.
- According to Antonio Banderas in a press conference, the tone of the film was going to be darker but he stated that they need to lighten the tone of the film just like the original.