Superboy is a 2016 American Action Adventure Superhero Film, based off of DC Comic's teenage version of Superman, Superboy (Kal-El) and the CW's hit prequel Superman Television Series, Smallville, premiering on February 15, 2016. The first of three installments, the film, distributed by Warner Bros, stars Dylan Sprayberry, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Jesse Eisenberg, Jadin Gould, Emilia McCarthy, Jonny Gray, and Russel Crowe as the main cast of Superboy, following the adventure of a teenage Clark Kent, who continues to develop his powers, while saving his hometown of Smallville, as Superboy, before journeying into his origin as the Man of Steel.
In Smallville, Kansas, two farmers, Jonathan and Martha Kent find a boy in a spaceship and decides to raise him as their own, naming him Clark, and eventually discover his superhuman powers. Years later, a teenage Clark Kent sets out to discover who he truly is and where he came from, leaving Smallville to travel the Earth, in hopes of finding something. Clark is lead to the Arctic, where he recieves a message left for him by his biological parents, telling him of his origin as Kal-El, the Last Son of the Planet Krypton, sent to Earth in order to evade his planet's destruction. Returning to Smallville, Clark reunites with his friends and family, and must now fight crime, wearing a blue uniform, under the guise of Superboy, before adventuring to the city of Metropolis as Superman, the Man of Steel.
- Dylan Sprayberry as Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superboy, a teenage boy, who as a baby crashed on Earth in a spaceship, followed by a massive meteor shower, and was found by two farmers, Jonathan and Martha Kent, naming him Clark, instilling in him great moral principles, and teaching him to use his abilities. In this film, Clark Kent returns home to Smallville after a year traveling the world to find three stones, he mysteriously had the sense to find. After doing so, the stones combine into a crystal that forms a large ice fortress, and learns that he is the sole survivor of the destroyed Planet Krypton. Now Clark must use his powers to stop Intergang from taking over Metropolis, while keeping his secret from his friends. In his Superboy alias, Clark dons a blue suit, with a red and yellow House-of-El "S" shield on the chest, a red belt trimmed in yellow with a yellow belt buckle, and a red cape with a black and yellow "S" Shield on the back, but to protect his identity, Clark wears a pair of glasses and acts with a clumsy mild-mannered demeanor. Due to the radiation of Earth's Yellow Sun, Clark has powers that consist of super speed, super strength, super hearing, super breath, X-Ray vision, heat vision, flight, and near invulnrability, but also has a weakness of the meteors that followed him to Earth, which are actually radiated fragments he names Kryptonite. As a reference to his future job at the Daily Planet, Clark is a reporter for his school newspaper, the Torch.
- Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent, the adoptive parents of Clark, who found him in a spaceship and raised him, teaching him to be respectful, loyal, and selfless, also teaching him to use his abilities for good. Unable to have a baby of thier own, they see Clark as their greatest miracle. Clark and Jonathan are both very stubborn and often argue over Clark being unable to do normal things, such as him playing Football, leaving Martha to play Kent family peacekeeper. They are both reluctant about Clark learning of his origins, afraid of him being taken back by his people, but are right behind him when it comes to the time and will do anything to protect him and his secret.
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Clark's 23 year old billionaire friend, who he met after saving his life in the first film. He is also close friends with Lana and Chloe, but his friendship with Clark got rocky, when Lex becomes over obsessed with the mystery that is Clark Kent and had a whole room, filled with research and items involving the Kents and the mysteries Clark got involved in, and secretly supplied Intergang with meteor powered weapons to defeat Superboy.
- Jadin Gould as Lana Lang, Clark's life long crush, whose parents died in the meteor shower. Following the death of her parents, Lana was adopted and raised by her Aunt Nell. Growing up, she's lived only a mile away from the Kent's and is admired from afar by Clark. As they continue a relationship together, she is hurt when he always leaves her without explanations and keeps secrets from her, in which she knows he is lying, feeling as if he doesn't trust her, but her interests leap elsewhere with the arrival of Earth's superpowered guardian.
- Jonny Gray as Pete Ross, Clark's first and best friend, whom he met when Clark stopped a bully, by shoving the bully into a door so hard that the door shattered into pieces. The Kents treat Pete as family and Pete is grateful for that, after his parents divorce and he became even closer to the Kent family after Clark revealed his secret to him, upon Pete finding Clark's ship. He harbors a secret crush on Chloe, but never told her, because he knows she likes Clark. Pete is a photographer at the Torch
- Emilia McCarthy as Chloe Sullivan, Clark and Pete's best friend, who is very intelligent and inquisitive. She is very skilled with computers and in journalism. Her inquisitive side usually gets the best of her, causing her to cross personal boundaries, such as researching Clark's adoption, which causes fights between the two. She has secret feelings for Clark, but doesn't tell him, because of his feelings for Lana. She is the editor for the school newspaper, The Torch.
- Chris Cooper as Lionel Luthor, Lex's father and CEO of LuthorCorp. He has been harsh raising Lex and has multiple connections to the criminal underworld, including Intergang. He will do anything to gain more power, even using Lex as another business venture. He is a founder of Veritas a group of CEO's that have sworn to protect the traveler, a chosen savior that will fall to Earth in a rain of fire.
- Russel Crowe as Jor-El, Clark's kryptonian father, who sent Clark to Earth before the destruction of Krypton. With his conscious downloaded into the Fortress of Solitude, he acts as a guide for his son and must help him conquer his destiny.
- Ayelet Zurrer as Laura Zor-El, Jor-El's wife and Clark's kryptonian mother, who helped Jor-El build the spaceship in order to save her son.
- Rosa Blasi as Nell Potter- Lana's aunt.
- Michael McKeane as Perry White, a once disgraced reporter that met Clark, while Clark was traveling the world, but after witnessing and becoming inspired by Clark's selflessness, Perry vowed to turn over a new leaf, sober up and get his career back on track. Years later, he is once again writing articles for the Daily Planet, and will eventually become it's editor-in-chief.
- Angie Harmon as Sheriff Nancy Adams - The sheriff that replaced Ethan. She didn't appreciate Clark's tendency to be "at the right place at the right time", interfering in police business.