The owner of this page is Drew Gars. According to policy, no other user, with the exception of admins, may edit this page without the owner's permission. If they do, they will receive an automatic 3 month block. If you are the Owner, and someone edits your page, alert Chris6d immediately.
Summer Sisters is a 2018 American period coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by Sean Baker and produced and written by Drew Gars, while also being co-produced by Tom Rosenberg, based on Judy Blume novel of the same name. The plot is about two friends who spend their every summer together as teenagers. As the years progress, the girls become closer and closer but soon find their friendship strained.
In the summer of 1977, Victoria Leonard’s world changes forever when Caitlin Somers chooses her as a friend. Dazzling, reckless Caitlin welcomes Vix into the heart of her sprawling, eccentric family, opening doors to a world of unimaginable privilege, sweeping her away to vacations on Martha’s Vineyard, an enchanting place where the two friends become “summer sisters.”
Now, years later, Vix is working in New York City. Caitlin is getting married on the Vineyard. And the early magic of their long, complicated friendship has faded. But Caitlin begs Vix to come to her wedding, to be her maid of honor. And Vix knows that she will go—because she wants to understand what happened during that last shattering summer. And, after all these years, she needs to know why her best friend—her summer sister—still has the power to break her heart.
- Emma Stone as Victoria "Vix" Leonard
- Sabrina Carpenter as Teenage Vix
- Lane Styles as young Vix
- Shailene Woodley as Caitlin Somers
- Brec Bassinger as Teenage Caitlin
- Mimi Kirkland as young Caitlin
- Sam Rockwell as Lambert "Lamb" Somers, Caitlin's laid-back father.
- Michelle Monaghan as Abby Baum, Lamb's well-meaning girlfriend who Caitlin dislikes.
- Tina Fey as Tawny Leonard, Vix's controlling mother and Ed's wife.
- Adam Sandler as Ed Leonard, Tawny's husband and Vix's father.
- Blythe Danner as Charlotte, a Countess and Tawny's boss.
- Chris Evans as Joseph "Bru" Brudegher, Vix's boyfriend and first love.
- Jack Griffo as young Bru
- Peyton Clark as Von, Bru's cousin and Caitlin's boyfriend.
- Adam DeVine as Older Von
- Matthew Lintz as Sharkey Somers, Caitlin's brother.
- Steven R. McQueen as Older Sharky
- Cameron Boyce as Daniel Baum, Abby's son.
- David Henrie as Older Daniel
- Skyler Gisondo as Gus Kline, Daniel's friend.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Older Gus
- Tessa Thompson as Trisha, Lamb's ex-girlfriend who is still close with him.
- Kathryn Hahn as Phoebe Somers, Caitlin's mother and Lamb's ex-wife.
- Willa Holland as Maia, Vix's uptight college roommate.
- Taissa Farmiga as Paisley, Vix's college friend.
- Ty Simpkins as Nathan Leonard, Vix's wheelchair-using brother.
- Mckenna Grace as Lanie Leonard, Vix's 10-year-old sister.
- Carson White as Lewis Leonard, Vix's 9-year-old brother.
- Matt Letscher as Tim Castellano, a television actor.
- Erin Karpulk as Lauren Castellano, Tim's wife.
- Cloris Leachman as Grandmother Somers
- Ray Wise as a college representative
- TBA as Joslin,
- TBA as Frankie, Ed's new girlfriend.
- TBA as James,
- TBA as Donnie,
- TBA as Angela, Vix's boss.
- Sean Teale as C. Willard "Will" Trenum,
- Seth Green as Luke Garden,
- 128 minutes long.
- Rated R for strong sexual content and language throughout.
- 15 certificate
- It is distributed by Paramount Pictures, while being produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lakeshore Entertainment.
- It released on July 20, 2018, in honor of the novel's 20th anniversary.
- Drew Gars stated that it is "the best film he's done".