Style Savvy: Fashion Famous is a fashion-themed simulation video game developed by Syn Sophia and THQ Nordic and published by Nintendo in Japan, Europe, Australia, and in North America in June 30, 2021. It is the fifth installment in the Style Savvy series. The game was released for the Nintendo Switch. In 2023, an Lite version and a single-cartridge compilation version (which included this game and Tetris Worlds Remixed) were released for the Nintendo Switch. The latter was bundled with Nintendo Switch systems.
"You've just arrived in a place called Beauty City. You become the manager of a boutique that specializes in clothing and accessories, and have to fill the local area with fashion!"
Style Savvy: Fashion Famous has many more features than its counterpart, Style Savvy: Styling Star. Also, new teenagers and children are added to the game, but the clothing and décor from The Sims 2-4 and ZEPETO is also added. It works with .vpd files on SD Card to this feature on the Photo Studio.
Hair, Make-up, and Designing
In Style Savvy: Fashion Famous you have the option to not only run a boutique, but you will be able to work as a hairdresser, a make-up artist, and a fashion designer. You'll even be able to model in fashion shows too.
- My Shop
- Hair Salon
Create and Swap Rooms
Decorate with your favourite furniture to create a room unique to you at the Caprice Chalet! You can then share your rooms with other players wirelessly.
For some controls, you can use either the stylus or the Switch buttons.
Display/move the cursor - Directional pad
Confirm - A
Cancel - B
Switch between menus - L/R
Skip - Start
Continue conversation - A
Use Phone - X
Take a Photo - Y
Vary/Change Point of View - L/R
Dressing Room Controls
Zoom - Analog Stick
Rotate - Analog Stick
Check Order - X
An illustrated guide contained in your phone. It contains all important fashion terms, for example “t-shirt”.
Customers will have different fashion images. Fashion images are represented by different brands in the game.
There are 13 different fashion images in the game (the same as Styling Star). Some items can have more than one fashion image.
- Baby Doll
There are many different brands in Style Savvy: Fashion Famous with a range of images associated with each of them.
You can buy from the brands you unlock by visiting the Exhibition Hall in the Taylor Arcade. If you purchase a lot of items from a particular brand you will receive a free item for the Caprice Chalet.
List of Brands
- April Bonbon
- Basic U
- Brooke Bridge
- Brown & Friends
- Chorale Prelude
- Enid Chen
- Hello Kitty
- Marble Lily
- Marzipan Sky
- Raven Candle
- The Secret Life of Pets
Style Savvy: Fashion Famous takes place in Beauty City where it is presented as a stage. As you spread the word about fashion, you will be able to visit more places.
Select a character on the Touch Screen, then select "Talk" to talk with them.
- Characters with a “two yellow sparkly stars” icon represents an important event.
- Characters with an asterisk are customers you’ve served earlier and want to visit again.
- Characters with a music note icon might have a gift to give you, invite you on a different outing, or have important information to tell you.
- Characters with a rainbow-coloured exclamation mark have a colour hint to tell you for your color palette.
- Characters with a house icon are looking to rent a room at the Caprice Chalet.
- The Avenue
- My Shop
- My Apartment
- Dollshouse Miniatures
- Caprice Chalet
- Taylor Arcade
- Exhibition Hall
- Designer Lounge
- Beaumonde Arena
- NIN10 Studio
- Primrose Park
- Cafetiere Close
- Hair Salon
- Station Square
- Photo Studio
- The School
- Style Savvy: Fashion Famous is inspired by Style Savvy: Fashion Forward and Style Savvy: Styling Star.
- Characters from Trendsetters, Fashion Forward, and Styling Star will appear the game as customers or main characters.
- This is the first Style Savvy game made by THQ Nordic.
- New teenagers and children are added to the game.
- In the PAL region, the name is "Style Boutique 4: Fashion Famous"
- In Japan, it is called "Girls Mode 5: Fasshon yūmeina tanoshimi"
- This is the first Style Savvy game to have a voice roles.
- Moschino, Nike, BT21 and other real-life brands appear in this game.
- The entire clothing and décor from The Sims 2-4 and ZEPETO is added (under license from EA and ZEPETO).
- Disney, Minions, and The Secret Life of Pets, appear in the game with the Disney and Universal license.
- There are many limited make-up sets, hairstyles, colours, and makeup in total: Fashion Forward has 30, Styling Star has 20, and Fashion Famous has 100.
- The Colour Selection use custom colours with Hex triplet and Decimal when you completed the story.
- This game uses the same engines as Style Savvy on 2DS, but it is the remastered version.
- This game uses the same themes as Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, but it is the remastered version.
- All music from Trendsetters, Fashion Forward, and Styling Star use the Fashion Forward soundfont.
- This game can take pictures with up to 10 peoples in Photo Studio.
- There are many limited custom clothes in total: Fashion Forward has 30, Styling Star has 100, and Fashion Famous has umlimited ones.
- This is a First game that THQ Nordic to be partnership with Nintendo.