Study Group 2000 is an American adult animated dark fantasy adventure comedy film based on the Netflix animated television series of the same name. It is the sequel to The Study Group Movie: World Tour Summer and the second film in the Study Group film series. The film features an ensemble cast of the series' main voice cast reprising their roles that consist of Elijah Wood, Mae Whitman, Scott Wolf, Ellie Kemper, Thomas Middleditch, Lizzy Caplan Jerrod Carmichael, Avril Lavigne, Brie Larson, Hilary Duff, and Jim Carrey, while also featuring the voices of Benedict Cumberbatch, Nicolas Cage, Ian McKellen, Piper Perabo, Stanley Tucci, Jon Voight and Frank Langella.
It's been a long while since the group has seen each other and they've just gotten adjusted to their new lives. They decided that they should have a mini-reunion at Atlantis Paradise Island for spring break and catch up on their what's been happening. However, their spring break vacation gets to an unexpected halt when a legendary gigantic god-like creature known as Cthulhu emerges from the depths of the ocean and wrecks havoc on the land with the help of his Star Spawn. Soon other Cthulhu Mythos creatures soon to emerges from the ocean depths and begin to fight each other all the while destroying everything in their path...
- Elijah Wood as Aeron Erland, the autistic leader of the group.
- Mae Whitman as Sarah Taggert, the level-headed strategist co-leader of the group.
- Scott Wolf as Jake Bendson, the laidback strongman member of the group.
- Ellie Kemper as Holly Rosenblatt, the lesbian martial arts member of the group.
- Thomas Middleditch as Flint Bartleman, the political expert member of the group.
- Lizzy Caplan as Elle Hannaway, the Gothic witch member of the group.
- Jerrod Carmichael as Barry Hamill, a new member of the group.
- Avril Lavigne as D.J. Sterling, a new member of the group.
- Brie Larson as Katelyn Frankowski, Holly's girlfriend and a new member of the group.
- Hilary Duff as Jenny Oakhill, Aeron's girlfriend and a new member of the group.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Cthulhu, a gigantic cosmic entity who is the High Priest of the Great Old Ones and the leader of the Star Spawn of Cthulhu.
- Cumberbatch also portrays Nyarlathotep, a malevolent shapeshifting Outer God who plans to have the creatures fight each other for his own amusement.
- Nicolas Cage as Professor David Gannon, a professor at Georgetown University and a part-time historian who joins the group on their expedition.
- Ian McKellen as Sir Martin Lindsey, an elderly wealthy fringe archaeologist and a Cthulhu Mythos expert who joins the group on their expedition.
- Piper Perabo as Audrey Harris, a investigative journalist for the New York Times who’s tailing the group and then eventually gets involved with their expedition.
- Stanley Tucci as Dr. Kieran Morrow, a exobiologist recruited by the U.S. government to assist them in the monster pandemic.
- Jon Voight as General Landon Rickard, a U.S. army general who is overseeing the monster activity around the world.
- Frank Langella as Kthanid, a benevolent and noble member of the Elder Gods and the identical twin brother of Cthulhu.
- Jim Carrey as Jack Tumwell, an wacky yet accident-prone agent of the Gallows Court and Aeron's archenemy.
Dee Bradley Baker, Fred Tatasciore, Frank Welker, Steve Blum, Darin De Paul and Kevin Michael Richardson provide additional voices for the creatures. Simon Pegg briefly reprises his role as Ronin, a Enchanted Guild wizard and the group's former mentor.
- The film is rated PG-13 for sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images, crude sexual content and brief strong language.
- The film is distributed by Netflix and Sony Pictures Releasing, while being produced by Columbia Pictures and Adelaide Productions.
- The runtime is 119 minutes.