The owner of this page is Drew Gars. According to policy, no other user, with the exception of admins, may edit this page without the owner's permission. If they do, they will receive an automatic 3 month block. If you are the Owner, and someone edits your page, alert Chris6d immediately.
Study Group 2000 is an American adult animated dark fantasy adventure comedy film based on the Netflix animated television series of the same name. It is the sequel to The Study Group Movie: World Tour Summer and the second film in the Study Group film series. The film features an ensemble cast of the series' main voice cast reprising their roles that consist of Elijah Wood, Ashley Johnson, Scott Wolf, Ellie Kemper, Matt Bennett, Lizzy Caplan Marlon Wayans, Diane Guerrero, Brie Larson, Hilary Duff and Jim Carrey, while also featuring the voices of Benedict Cumberbatch, Nicolas Cage, Ian McKellen, Piper Perabo, Stanley Tucci, Beau Bridges and Frank Langella.
It's been a long while since the group has seen each other and they've just gotten adjusted to their new lives. They decided that they should have a mini-reunion at Atlantis Paradise Island for spring break and catch up on their what's been happening. However, their spring break vacation gets to an unexpected halt when mysterious creatures emerging from the depths of the ocean and wrecks havoc on the land. Soon reports show the same creatures are popping up all over the world searching for something...
- Elijah Wood as Aeron Erland, the autistic leader of the group.
- Ashley Johnson as Sarah Taggert, the level-headed strategist co-leader of the group.
- Scott Wolf as Jake Benedetti, the laidback strongman member of the group.
- Ellie Kemper as Holly Rosenblatt, the bisexual martial arts member of the group.
- Matt Bennett as Flint Bartleman, the political expert member of the group.
- Lizzy Caplan as Elle Prestegard, the Gothic witch member of the group.
- Marlon Wayans as Marcus Hamill, the rich-kid member of the group.
- Diane Guerrero as Isabella Rodriguez, the Hispanic lesbian member of the group.
- Brie Larson as Katelyn Frankowski, Holly's girlfriend and a new member of the group.
- Hilary Duff as Jenny Oakhill, Aeron's girlfriend and a new member of the group.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Cthulhu, a gigantic cosmic entity who is the High Priest of the Great Old Ones and the leader of the Star Spawn of Cthulhu.
- Cumberbatch also portrays Nyarlathotep, a malevolent shapeshifting Outer God who plans to free Cthulhu and have him destroy the world for his own amusement.
- Nicolas Cage as Professor David Gannon, a professor at Georgetown University and a part-time historian who joins the group on their expedition.
- Ian McKellen as Sir Martin Findlay, an elderly wealthy fringe archaeologist and a Cthulhu Mythos expert who joins the group on their expedition.
- Piper Perabo as Audrey Harris, a investigative journalist for the New York Times who’s tailing the group and then eventually gets involved with their expedition.
- Stanley Tucci as Dr. Kieran Morrow, a exobiologist recruited by the U.S. government to assist them in the monster pandemic.
- Beau Bridges as General Landon Rittmeyer, a U.S. army general who is overseeing the monster activity around the world.
- Frank Langella as Kthanid, a benevolent and noble member of the Elder Gods and the identical twin brother of Cthulhu.
- Jim Carrey as Jack Deveraux, an villainous and wacky yet accident-prone agent of the Gallows Court and Aeron's archenemy.
Simon Pegg, CCH Pounder, Eden Sher and Christopher Lloyd reprise their roles as Ronin, Director Susanne Clarkson, Lizi Erland and Supreme Minister Arthur Slade. Dee Bradley Baker, Fred Tatasciore, Frank Welker, Steve Blum, Darin De Paul and Kevin Michael Richardson provide additional voices for the Star Spawn, a race of octopus-like creatures who are Cthulhu's followers.
B-Movie filmmaker Roger Corman portrays Dr. Blankenship, a retired professor who is a local resident of Paradise Island and a Cthulhu Mythos enthusiast. Cumberbatch also portrays H.P. Lovecraft, a weird fiction author who inspired the creation of the Lovecraftian Mythos. WWE wrestler Paige portrays Pippa Hamilton, a sorceress who is renowned skilled-fighter in the sorcery community.
- The film is rated PG-13 for sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images, crude sexual content and brief strong language.
- The film is distributed by Netflix and Sony Pictures Releasing, while being produced by Columbia Pictures, Adelaide Productions, Sunmin Image Pictures and Reel FX Animation Studios.
- The runtime is 119 minutes.