"Stripes:A Horse-Zebra's Tale" is the 2011 live-action-animated movie from Warner Bros Pictures in the USA and Paramount Pictures in the UK, produced by Jerry Bruckhiemer and Alcon Entertainment. The movie is directed by George Miller, David McNally, Fredrick Du Chau. The film has live action backgrounds, humans, animals and CGI characters.
In Kentucky, Stripes (Frankie Muniz) narrates the story of the animals in the Karoo before he was born. Charlie (Richard Kind), a duck, fly towards the farm and tells everyone the news that a half striped zebra is born into an insular isolated farm off all horses and animals where Nolan Walsh(Bruce Greenwood)raises a baby zebra into a farm where the animals were Waddlesworth (Eric Idle), Mr Spoons (Anthony Anderson) and Reggie (Jeff Foxworthy) all thinker then a zebra is born like a horse and a tall clumsy one.
A few days later Stripes is grown into a tall zebra, now a full grown, half, animal who doesn't like it when Sir Trenton calls Stripes a wild animal and a domestic pet, his owner Channing(Hayden Panettiere) is sick because of drought and Stripes is now friendless because of the horses who calls him nothing but a wild animal, now with the help of his friends he earn to get to the great valley.
He remains ostracised by most of the animals with the exception of Sandy(Mandy Moore) and Tucker(Dustin Hoffman) along with his animal friends Lightning (Snoop Dogg), Miss Spider (Alfre Woodard) and Saniel (Christopher Walken).
When Miss Spider draws a map to what could be interpreted as either water of stripes. Stripes gets into big trouble by letting the Gemsboks into the farm which enrages Trenton for letting them in. Trenton says to Stripes that the farm has rules and they give the orders. The Gemsboks told Stripes than water were shown as the farm. When Terrible happened this evening, Channing succumbs of her sickness and dies. Everyone mourns the death of Nolan's daughter, but Stripes felt guilty for ruining his life, pick on everyone, causing a drought, letting the Gemsboks in and disobey everyone. Sudden death from himself has spoiled his side anywhere, he wondered he would go to The Great Valley by bringing his friends on him. But everyone in the world think he deserved his feelings.
Stripes ventures beyond the world and leaves Kentucky so everyone thinks the zebra is no longer allowed into the world because of Sir Trenton who picked on him. He went on a journey to a dangerous and far too risky place where he stoppled off towards the valley and into Australia where he meets Kangaroo Jack (Adam Garcia) and befriends him so he follows him to the valley so he could find his place. Stripes meets a elephant Horton (Jim Carrey), a white duck James (Richard E. Grant), A penguin Mumble (Elijah Wood) and a lizard Jamie (John Leguizamo), where they get attacked by vultures Sqwuak and Scar (David Kocehner and Michael Shannon), but they fly away and Stripes thanks the kangaroo while Jack leaves to find Stripes friends in Kentucky. The duo join Stripes on his quest in the hope that their own search for a safe waterhole is over.
Across the ancient mountains, the logs, the cliff, bringing herd of Springboks, migrating following the herd, and crossing the edge, Stripes knows than the water can be seen far there those three mountains. When crossing the Game Park Waterhole, Stripes saw new animals like Mr Bunny (Jeff Bennett), Billy the Bear (John Goodman), and Moose (Sacha Baron Cohen) needs their help. After embarking their journey the five friends went towards the Karoo and The Great Valley far, far, far those three mountains. Stripes is following those ants near the journey and the five went towards the search for the full time. Back in Kentucky, Sir Trenton tells his minions than Stripes, now a wild animal, went to The Great Valley without us. Scar tells Trenton than the water is still there, Trenton roars at his minions Sqwuak, Scar, Strech(Jim Cummings), and Feath(Matthew W. Taylor) than wild animals can infect us all and races towards Waddlesworth than one day all of the animals will be killed if Stripes don't come back.
- Frankie Muniz as Stripes (voice)
- Adam Garcia as Kangaroo Jack (voice)
- Jim Carrey as Horton (voice)
- Bruce Greenwood as Nolan
- Elijah Wood as Mumble (voice)
- Richard E. Grant as James (voice)
- Mandy Moore as Sandy (voice)
- Anthony Anderson as Mr. Spoon (voice)
- Alfre Woodard as Miss Spider (voice)
- Hayden Panettiere as Channing
- Eric Idle as Waddlesworth (voice)
- Whoopi Goldberg as Franny (voice)
- John Leguizamo as Jamie (voice)
- Snoop Dogg as Lightning (voice)
- Christopher Walken as Saniel (voice)
- Fred Dalton Thompson as Sir Trenton (voice)
- Richard Kind as Charlie the Duck (voice)
- Jeff Bennett as Mr Bunny (voice)
- Rodger Bumpass as Densie (voice)
- Corey Burton as Tezhulu (voice)
- Joshua Jackson as Pride (voice)
- Dustin Hoffman as Tucker (voice)
- Jeff Foxworthy as Reggie (voice)
- Greg Ellis as Mr. Pig (voice)
- Michael Rosenbaum as Ruffshod (voice)
- Danny Mann as Ferdinand (voice)
- Terrence Howard as Janiel (voice)
- David Koechner as Sqwauk (voice)
- Michael Shannon as Scar (voice)
- Matthew W. Taylor as Deni (voice)
- John Cleese as Sheep (voice)
- M. Emmet Walsh as Woodzie
- Cedric the Entertainer as Golly (voice)
- Ben Vereen as Pezulu, Gemsbok Elder (voice)
- Bonnie Hunt as Claire Walsh
- Jeff Bennet as Horse 1, Gemsbok 9, Springbok 3, Kangaroo 4, Duck 8, Goat 1(voice)
- Rob Van Vuren as Gemsbok 7 (voice)
- Frank Welker as Lizard, Oxpecker, Ants, Bees, Eagle, Horses, Gemsboks, Springboks, Giraffes, Antelopes, Mantis, Elephants (voice)
- Phil LaMarr as Terrence (voice)
- Phil Proctor as Gemsbok 5 (voice)
On March 26, 2010, a teaser trailer with Reggie appearing in it accidentally says the release date Christmas, but the narrator says the fall after this Christmas was attached to How To Train Your Dragon this Friday and posted to Youtube on March 27, 2010.
On June 2, 2010, a second trailer was attached to Toy Story 3 and Legend Of The Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.