|“||The female superhero who manipulates the weather has joined the fray! Her lightning strike attacks can chop her opponents down to size!||„|
|~ Character description|
Storm is a playable character in the crossover fighting game, Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon. Her return in this game was announced in the E3 trailer on August 16, 2020. Storm is classified as Marvel fighter #5.
Voice actress Mara Junot reprises her role as Storm in this fighting game.
How to Unlock
This character is available at the start.
Storm is quite possibly the most versatile of all the Marvel characters in the game. She can be played both aggressively and defensively, possessing a variety of ways to close in on opponents. Her combo attacks: both ground and air are potent and inflict solid damage, especially when chained into her Ice Storm Hyper Combo as well as possessing decent priority. Storm can easily keep opponents at bay with her Whirlwind and Typhoon attacks and her ability to fly helps to keep her out of harm's way.
Storm's Hyper Combos are some of the most powerful in the game, particularly Ice Storm, which has been vastly improved over its previous incarnations in MVC3. It does tremendous damage on its own, but is even more dangerous when placed at the end of a combo attack and does considerable chip damage when blocked. Lightning Storm has a smaller radius of effect than before, but does more concentrated damage in an Air Combo when cancelled during Lightning Attack. Her third Hyper Combo, Elemental Rage can also be worked easily into a ground combo.
A general weakness of hers is that some of her attacks are sometimes a bit slow, so she mustn't abuse them as such. Another thing is that next to some of the other powerful characters in the game, she also has a high-learning curve since most of her combos are some of the most complex in the game, though at the same time very rewarding. Storm is also rather bland without any meter, since her Hyper Combos by far are the meat of most of her combos. Her flight and floating tricks are also gimmicks that require high-execution, as well as some attacks that can be spammed to build meter quickly in conjunction with such tricks, though some attacks have been nerfed in their meter gain as of MVC3.
- Typhoon: Shoots a vortex out of the ground to hit the opponent.
- Whirlwind: Same as Typhoon, but sends a succession of winds to attack the opponent.
- Double Typhoon: Twin tornadoes rise from the ground and attacks the opponent.
- Lightning Attack: A short range dash attack that hits the opponent with a charged lightning hit. It can be used three times in a row in a combo attack and can aim in many directions.
- Lightning Sphere: Carries a ball of lightning in air or on ground, and can be used to electrocute the opponent when fired into a bolt. Can aim in three directions, and can only be used in midair.
- Flight: Like some characters, Storm can acheive flight. She can perform her midair attacks from there and stay in midair for a short time, and cannot block while flying.
- Float: Storm can generate winds around her feet to slowly float back down to the ground while falling. This is acheive by holding any upward direction, and any attack will make her drop her float instantly, enabling nasty baiting and mindgame options.
- Fair Wind: Pulls the opponent towards her with a non-damaging gust of wind.
- Foul Wind: Pushes the opponent away from her with a non-damaging gust of wind.
- Hail Storm (Level 1): Flies up and away from the foe a certain height, and bombards the opponent with shards of ice via a storm, delivering a high amount of damage to the target. The super flash occurs later than in pre-MVC3.
- Lightning Storm (Level 1): Storm cancelling her powers radiates many streams of lightning around herself. Though in MVC3, it is instead a field of lightning instead that has similar hit range as the previous version. Can be performed in midair, though it can OTG only in pre-MVC3.
- Elemental Rage (Level 1): Encases the opponent in ice from head-to-toe and slashes them with high speed tornadoes. The tornadoes then carry the foe and slam them to the wall for a wallbounce. Acts as blockable throw attack.
Character Unlock Tree
Storm's Arcade Mode unlock tree (shared with Sentinel and Hulk) includes the following characters in order:
- Baby Bonnie Hood
- Ruby Heart
Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon characters
|List of Returning Characters (Marvel)|
|Black Panther · Black Widow · Blackheart · Cable · Captain America · Captain Marvel · Colossus · Cyclops · Deadpool · Doctor Doom · Doctor Strange · Dormammu · Gambit · Gamora · Ghost Rider · Hawkeye · Hulk · Iceman · Iron Fist · Iron Man · Juggernaut · M.O.D.O.K. · Magneto · Marrow · Nova · Omega Red · Phoenix · Psylocke · Rocket Raccoon · Rogue · Sabretooth · Sentinel · She-Hulk · Shuma-Gorath · Silver Samurai · Spider-Man · Spiral · Storm · Super-Skrull · Taskmaster · Thanos · Thor · Ultron · Venom · War Machine · Winter Soldier · Wolverine · X-23|
|List of Newcomers (Marvel)|
|Daredevil · Drax · Doctor Octopus · Elektra · Emma Frost · Falcon · Green Goblin · Human Torch · Moon Knight · Ms. Marvel · Quicksilver|
|List of Returning Characters (Capcom)|
|Akuma · Amaterasu · Amingo · Anakaris · Arthur · Baby Bonnie Hood · Cammy · Captain Commando · Charlie · Chris · Chun-Li · Crimson Viper · Dan · Dante · Dhalsim · Felicia · Firebrand · Frank West · Guile · Haggar · Hayato · Hsien-Ko · Jedah · Jill · Jin · Ken · M. Bison · Mega Man · Monster Hunter · Morrigan · Nemesis T-Type · Phoenix Wright · Roll · Ruby Heart · Ryu · Sakura · Sigma · SonSon · Spencer · Strider Hiryu · Trish · Tron & Servbot · Vergil · Viewtiful Joe · Wesker · X · Zangief · Zero|
|List of Newcomers (Capcom)|
|Alex · Batsu · Demitri · Donovan & Anita · Ingrid · Jon Talbain · June · Juri · Leon · Saki · Sōki|
|Abyss · Apocalypse · Galactus · Mar-Com Corruptor · Mii Fighter (Mii Brawler · Mii Gunner · Mii Swordfighter) · Onslaught · Rathalos · Ultron Sigma · Yami · Yellow Devil|