Soren: An Owls Tale is a 2007 France animation film directed by George Miller and Zack Snyder. It was released on March 13, 2007 in France and November 11, 2011 in the UK.
The English dub features the voices of Jim Sturgess, Jack Black, Elijah Wood, Richard E. Grant, Saoirse Ronan, Jim Broadbent, Julie Walters, Emma Thompson, Sam Neill, Toni Collette, Barry Humphries, Geoffrey Rush, Jackie Early Haley, Hugo Weaving, Richard Carter, Miriam Margoyles, AnnaSophia Robb, David Wenham, Charles Dennis, Madga Suzbanski, Anthony LaPaglia, Barry Otto, Miriam Flynn, Jason Issacs, Michael Wincott, Patrick McGoohan, James Cosmo, Eric Bana, Bruce Spence, David Hyde Pierce and Cate Blanchett.
- Jim Sturgess as Soren Alba.
- Saoirse Ronan as Lady Talia Georgia.
- Jack Black as Po the Panda.
- Toni Collette as Sasha.
- Barry Humphries as Bubo.
- Elijah Wood as Mumble.
- Richard Roxburgh as Boron.
- John Leguizamo as Alex.
- Emma Thompson as Hedwig.
- Geoffrey Rush as Nigel.
- Ryan Kwanten as Kludd.
- Anthony LaPaglia as Twilight.
- David Hyde Pierce as Kipo.
- James Cosmo as Blucher.
- Miriam Margoyles as Mrs P.
- Sam Neill as Allomere.
- Richard E. Grant as Bradley.
- Abbie Cornish as Outllisa.
- Robert Carlyle as Specs.
- Michael Wincott as Bones.
- Jim Broadbent as Sergant.
- Julie Walters as Grandma Lily.
- Hugo Weaving as Noctus.
- Richard Carter as Byran.
- Jackie Earle Haley as RedEye.
- Roscoe Lee Browne as Mr Arrow.
- Emily Browning as Primrose.
- Adrienne DeFaria as Eglantine.
- David Wenham as Digger.
- Magda Suzbanski as Miss Viola.
- Claudia Chistian as Strix Struma.
- AnnaSophia Robb as Oliva.
- Emily Barclay as Gylfiel
- John Hurt as Mr Lizard.
- Miriam Flynn as Barran.
- Patrick McGoohan as Hakon.
- Michael Fassbender as Vaygar.
- Bill Hunter as Griffin.
- Essie Davis as Marella.
- Barry Otto as The Echinda.
- Charles Dennis as Rico.
- Cate Blanchett as Madame Plonk.
- Rob Riggle as Skua.
- Rufus Sewell as Pigeon.
- Eric Bana as Sharpbeak.
- Bruce Spence as Wingnut.
- Josh Helman as Post Guard.
- Melissa Jaffer as Female Blue Macaw.
- Jason Issacs as Seagull.
- Leigh Whannell as Jatt.
- Angus Sampson as Jutt.
- Brian Murray as Falcon.
- Stephen McHattie as Old Owl.
- Colin Farrell as Joseph.
- Ed Harris as Kendrick.
- Brian George as Horned Owl.
- Laurie Metcalf as Victoria.
- Jenifer Hagen as Mrs Dunwoody.
- Dave Wittenberg as Owl at workshop.
Soren: An Owl's Tale had some scenes in a movie would appear too dark and scary for kids. Zack Snyder and George Miller said "The movie was about to be scary like Felidae. So the movie was rated PG for violence, intense and fight scenes that appear to have loads of scenes in a film". The cuts added in the US and UK version of the movie were graphic and grisly scenes along with fight and sad scenes more than George Miller's non second R rated film after Happy Feet and Zack Snyder's Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. The film; the cuts added in the picture; has the fight scenes added, has 134 minutes while the Australia version has 110 minutes for Blu Ray version of the movie.
The trailers and tv spots had featured those scenes were inculded in the final film were
- The battle between Soren and RedEye.
- The battle between Kludd, Rico and the vultures.
- Talia looks at the invasion between her fingers.
- Kludd pushes Tison to get the blue bird.
- The battle between The Guardians, the Eagles and the bats.
- Bradley sees something metal mask on the ground.
- RedEye raises his sharper blood stained battle claws
- Soren has a nightmare.
- Jutt grabbed a coal.
- Kipo throws a frying pan at Rico.
- Po grab his binoculars out of his fanny pack.
- Bradley points his wing at the fire.
- This was the first animation film to have some lighter and darker score.
- This was Christopher Nolan's first animation feature film debut.
- The film features darker scenes with a scary character and fight scenes.
- To attain a PG-13 rating, Zack Snyder and George Miller used a PG rating, added trailer scenes in the final cut of the film.
- This was Jackie Earle Haley's first animation role.
- This was the first animated film to have darker scenes since The Black Cauldron.
- The second film to star Emma Thompson, David Hyde Pierce, Michael Wincott, Brian Murray and Roscoe Lee Browne, the first is Treasure Planet.
- Jim Sturgess and Saoirse Ronan previously starred in The Way Back with Colin Farrell and Ed Harris.
- David Wenham, Michael Fassbender and Stephen McHattie first stared in 300.