Ryan and Dory’s Family is a 2018 American/British/Australian traditionally/computer-animated/CGI comedy adventure fantasy action romance family film produced by Village Roadshow Pictures and Animal Logic and released by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film will be directed by Andrew Adamson and Guy Ritchie with co-directed by John Stevenson and Mark Osborne, produced by John H. Williams, Don Hahn and Pam Marsden and written by John Fusco with screenplay by Tab Murphy, Jonathan Roberts, John Orloff and John Collee.
The film stars the voices of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Lopez, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jim Cummings, Riley Keough, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Simon Pegg, Ian McShane, Queen Latifah, Hank Azaria, Alan Tudyk, Keke Palmer, Tamsin Egerton, Angelina Jolie, Michael Caine, Nick Frost, Aziz Ansari, Chris O’ Dowd, Freddie Highmore, Julie Walters, Saoirse Ronan, Charles Dance, James Cosmo, Alfred Molina, Helen Mirren and Donald Glover along with other voice performances were Laura Post, Ben Kingsley, Hugo Weaving, Liev Schreiber, Jim Broadbent, John Cleese, Catherine Tate, Rupert Everett, John Hurt, Michael Madsen, Max Charles, Harriet Owen, Pierce Gagnon, Rowan Atkinson, David Oyelowo, Anthony LaPaglia, Mike White, Miriam Margoyles, Dan Fogler, Kristin Chenoweth, Jordan Peele, Jennifer Aniston, Eli Marienthal, Keegan Michael Key, Jess Harnell, Richard Carter, Common and Carol Burnett.
The film was premiered on February 14, 2018 at Chinese Theater and in the UK on March 2, 2018 both at Odeon Greenwich and Greenwich Picturehouse, and was released theatrically in the United States and United Kingdom on March 9, 2018. With music by Harry Gregson Williams and Hans Zimmer, with songs by Elton John, Tim Rice, Lorne Balfe while Kingdom of Allias composed by John Powell. It has songs performed by Beyoncé, Owl City, Saoirse Ronan, Elton John and a few others. This film is rated PG for violence, action sequences and mild humour.
This film is also received overwhelmingly negative reviews by the critics and audiences. It has 0% on Rotten Tomatoes and was criticized for its humour, voice acting, songs, score, characters and even a few genre surprises. The only praising is the voice acting. It has mixed reviews but it was a box office bomb. It was released on the same month as Red Sparrow, both movies feature Joel Edgerton (who plays the villain). This is John Hurt’s final film role which is dedicated to his memory.
The film was released on DVD, July 10 along with Blu Ray. It contains a short film which was attached was Po’s Car Problem.
Set after Ryan Burke Adventures, Ryan and the gang has received news from the Queen and others that several challenges are there.
- Jack Black as Ryan Burke, a man and the main protagonist.
- Laura Post as Dory Skornik, a girl and Ryan’s wife.
- Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu, a red panda.
- Freddie Highmore as Justin, a boy who becomes a knight.
- Jesse Eisenberg as Blu, a Spix macaw.
- Angelina Jolie as Tigress
- Jim Sturgess as Soren, a Barn Owl.
- Elijah Wood as Mumble, an Emperor Penguin.
- James Cosmo as Blucher
- Rowan Atkinson as Zazu
- Jamie Foxx as Nico, a yellow canary and a friend of Blu. He is also Pedro’s best friend.
- Charlize Theron as Glenn
- will.i.am as Pedro, a cardinal and Nico’s best friend.
- Kevin Kline as Tulio, Miguel’s best friend.
- Kenneth Branagh as Miguel, Tulio’s best friend.
- Mike White as Kyle
- Tom Kenny as Polly, a Scarlet macaw who is decent noble and even macaw. He is wisecracking, cheeky and optimistic.
- Bill Fagerbakke as Richie, a Spix macaw. He is loyal, calculating and funny to Ryan and his family.
- Jack Black also voices Po, a panda who is a Kung fu master.
- Eli Marienthal as Hogarth Hughes (archive/ unused audio)
- Harriet Owen as Jane Darling
- Tony Shalhoub as Rufus, a streetwise pelican.
- Nicholas Hoult as Cockatoo
- Ben Kingsley as The Grand Eagle, a wise old Eagle.
- Chris O Dowd as Bobby, a crow.
- Clancy Brown as Gustav, a crocodile.
- Donald Glover as Legendary Bird, a Blue-and-yellow macaw
- Pierce Gagnon as Zephyr
- Max Charles as David
- Alfred Molina as Reginald, Justin’s father who is a lawyer.
- Tamsin Egerton as Lara, Justin’s crush.
- Saoirse Ronan as Talia, Justin’s wife and love interest.
- George Lopez as Rafael, a toucan and Eva’s husband.
- Julie Walters as Gran, Justin’s grandmother.
- Olivia Williams as Queen of Gabylonia
- David Wenham as Digger, a burrowing owl.
- Jennifer Lopez as Talia’s mother who is a wife of a deceased husband which is Talia’s father.
- Anthony LaPaglia as Twilight, a Great Gray Owl.
- Tracy Morgan as Luiz, a bulldog.
- Cuba Gooding Jr as Sparky, a zebra.
- Jennifer Lopez, Jessie J and Nicki Minaj as Horses.
- Drake as Rapping Cat
- Matthew McConaughey as Turtle
- Rebel Wilson as Capybara
- Hugo Weaving as Noctus, Soren and Kludd’s father. He is also Eglantine’s father.
- David Walliams as Melquiades, a wizard who has slips personality.
- Jay Laga’aia as Xavier
- Laurie Metcalf as Angeline
- Charles Dance as Legantir
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Skipper, a horse.
- Antonio Banderas as Sir Clorex
- Liam Neeson as Old Horned Owl
- Patrick Stewart as Sir Eagle
- Geoffrey Rush as Ezylryb, a whiskered screech owl
- Michael Caine as Toucan
- Liev Schreiber as Pig
- Kate Winslet as Dory’s aunt
- Magda Szubanski as Miss Viola
- Miriam Margoyles as Mrs Pilthiver, a nest maid snake.
- Jim Cummings as Talia’s dad who died.
- Peter Dinklage as Pirate Captain
- Jordan Peele as Goofy Jackal
- Keegan Michael Key as Smart Leopard
- Randall Duk Kim as Oogway
- James Hong as Mr Ping, a goose and Po’s adoptive dad.
- Miriam Margoyles also voices The Old Wolf Bat
- Alan Tudyk as Mole
- Josh Gad as Percy, a smooth pigeon
- Jackie Chan as Monkey
- Seth Rogen as Mantis
- David Cross as Crane
- Lucy Liu as Viper
- Jennifer Aniston as Annie Hughes, Hogarth’s mother.
- Hugh Jackman as Dory’s dad who is kind, helpful and resourceful and makes friends with Ryan.
- Nicole Kidman as Dory’s mom who is very helpful like her husband.
- Barry Humphries as Braulio
- Joel Edgerton as The Great Eagle, an Eagle and the main antagonist, his goal is to get revenge.
- Mark Strong as Heraclio, a secondary antagonist.
- Gary Oldman as Lord Shen, a peacock and one of the antagonists
- Helen Mirren as Nyra, one of the antagonists.
- Rupert Everett as Sota, Heraclio’s right hand man.
- Catherine Tate as Nora, a sheep.
- Sofia Vergara as Spanish waitress that Justin and Talia walks in
- Abbie Cornish as Otulissa, a female owl.
- David Oyelowo as Grizzly Bear
- Jess Harnell as Impala
- Weaving also voices Noah, an elder and Talia’s grandfather.
- Ian McKellen as Sir Roland.
- Bebel Gilberto as Eva, Rafael’s wife
- Ryan Kwanten as Kludd, Soren’s brother
- Simon Pegg as Gorilla
- Nick Frost as Mongoose
- Richard Carter as Rhino
- Carol Burnett as Miss Harriett
- Malin Akerman as Scarlet
- Queen Latifah as Female Swan
- David Hyde Pierce as Kipo
- Rachael Taylor as Marianne
- Richard E. Grant as Bradley
- Blair Underwood as Great Eagle’s Lieutenant
- Bruno Mars as Roberto
- Roise Perez as Chel
- Alain Chabat and Kunal Nayyar as Pirates
- Vegara also voices Carmen, Ramon’s girlfriend.
- Nayyar also voices a weasel
- James Corden as a Spix Macaw
- Ty Burrell as George, an otter.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Fairy
- Riley Keough as Rosette
- Zoë Kravitz as Fairy
- Abbey Lee as Fairy
- Courtney Eaton as Fairy
- Kristin Chenoweth as Gabi
- Dan Fogler as Zeng
- Common as Jaguar
- Mike Eeps as Boog
- Keke Palmer, Wanda Sykes and Kiefer Sutherland as Cats
- D.B. Sweeney as Husky
- John Hurt as Griffin, a goat
- Will Smith as Rocky, a bird who appears at the end of the film.
- Ray Winstone as Rams, a big horn sheep
- Dan Cestellaneta as Ramon, an Adelie penguin.
- Robin Williams as Lovelace (unused archive audio)
- Jim Broadbent as Gordon
- Stanley Tucci as Brian, a turtle
- Idris Elba as Sharptooth
- Danny DeVito as Old Man
- John Turturro as Scarface
- Samuel E. Wright as Kineseit
- Leigh Whannell and Angus Sampson as Jatt and Jutt, the anti-villains
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson as Specs Blue Macaw
- Beanie Feldstein as Female Scarlet Macaw
- Gina Rodriguez as Female Bunny
- Essie Davis as Marella
- Emilie De Ravin as Unicorn
- Jemaine Clement as Nigel, a cockatoo.
- Michelle Yeoh as Soothsayer
- Dennis Haysbert as Master Ox
- Jean Claude Van Damme as Master Croc
- John Michael Higgins as Amazon Monkey
- Patrick Warburton as Show Tapir
- Jackman and Kidman also provides the voices of Memphis and Norma Jean, Mumble’s parents
- Cummings also voices a snake
- Shalhoub also voices a Sailor
- Frank Welker as Various animals, Champ, animal noises, Bull, Gustav, Horses (neighing)
Several actors from their original films reprise their roles in the movie, including
Production started in 2016 and finished in early 2018
Andrew Adamson, director of the Shrek film franchise, decided to make the film after the fourth film Mr Pip was made.
He hired director of Brother Bear; Aaron Blaise and composer John Powell to do the score. After story changes, it was the original story of Ryan who joins the kingdom but since the idea is too similar to How to Train Your Dragon so the makers changes their minds.
Other people he hired were Tab Murphy, Jonathan Roberts, Irene Mecchi, Noni White, Bob Tzuidker, John Orloff and John Collee. On May 2015, Adamson hired Don Hahn and Bonnie Arnold to produce the movie. But in the end, Arnold, after producing How to Train Your Dragon 2, has commitments during production so she left the project leaving Don to produce the movie.
Blaise was considered to direct the film but he left the project because of scheduling conflicts. Adamson was so surprised after seeing Mad Max: Fury Road, stated that he would reunite actors from Fury Road to the project. Powell would work on Jason Bourne, so he left the project.
The makers waited desperate times for a composer until Hans Zimmer arrive to score the film.
Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman reprise their roles from the Kung Fu Panda franchise to join new cast member Malin Akerman, Queen Latifah and David Hyde Pierce.
On Jan 7, 2016, All the original cast are reprising their roles from their respective films with new ones join in the cast were John Cleese (Monty Python), Rupert Everett (An Ideal Husband, My Best Friend’s Wedding) and John Hurt were voicing new characters While Everett was reprising his role as Sota from
On April 2, 2016, Jennifer Lopez, Tony Shalhoub, Patrick Stewart, Rachael Taylor (Transformers) and Zoe Kravitz were all joining the cast in the film. One week later, Richard E. Grant was added in the cast in April 13.
On July 8, Max Charles, Pierce Gagnon and Harriet Owen was added in the film’s cast along
On July 20, Helen Mirren, Game of Thrones’ James Cosmo and Charles Dance was added in the cast along with James Corden and Blair Underwood
On July 27, all of the voices joining the cast were Lucy Liu, Rowan Atkinson, David Oyelowo, Anthony LaPaglia, Mike White, Miriam Margoyles, Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts), Kristin Chenoweth (Strange Magic), Jordan Peele (Get Out), Jennifer Aniston (Friends, Storks), Eli Marienthal, Keegan Michael Key, Jess Harnell, Richard Carter, Common and Carol Burnett (Horton Hears a Who!) also star.
New cast members voicing their new characters were
The script was written
The film was released in Australia on February 16 and also on March 9 in the United States. It was also released in the UK on 9 of March.
On February 14, 2018, The film’s UK premiere was held at Odeon Greenwich and The O2. The gala special screening was held in Greenwich Picturehouse. At the time of its release, the film’s British premiere was held at Odeon, Greenwich.
The film’s trailer was shown in screenings of Beauty and the Beast, Wonder Woman, which was distributed by Warner Bros and released on June 2, 2017 and Cars 3, a second trailer was held in front of Ferdinand and the third trailer was attached to The Maze Runner and Peter Rabbit.
The film was accompanied by a short film,
The film was released on DVD on June 12 and July 24 in the UK. It has a short film and making of
The film has a TV Series and a sequel which is set to be in production.
The film has negative reviews, stating that this film has grossed 12, it was a box office bomb. Also, Rotten Tomatoes holds a approval to 14% and Metacritic, it was Also, It was panned by audiences and Ryan and Dory’s Family also has positive reviews. It also debuted along with A Wrinkle In Time, Ready Player One and Rampage, another film by Warner Bros. Critics has negative reviews were it’s criticized for its plot and lack of character development, calling it silly, weak and has a lot of mixed reviews. Also, unlike Talia who is directed by Antonio Banderas who has a mixed reviews, the film however has negative reviews. The only praising is, despite this, the voice acting, characters, Andrew Adamson’s directing and Hans Zimmer’s score and songs is decent.
Warner Bros. grosses the film for a million. The opening weekend was next with Tomb Raider, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One and Rampage. It praised the ending where the party scene at the end of the movie were Mamma Mia, which Julie Walters starred in. Ryan and Dory’s Family grossed a million. The reasons why Critics love and dislike the film is some critics praised the film’s score and voice performances for the characters while actually, it was criticized for its plot and character development, the only praising is "Jack Black has a nice performance, such as Jamie Foxx, Jordan Peele, Hugo Weaving, Michael Caine, Freddie Highmore, Rowan Atkinson, Kristin Chenoweth and Carol Burnett because their voices is one thing it’s okay with, but the plot is very weak and very identical". Also, another only praising is "Despite this, the writing is not that bad, but it’s so utterly misleading"
Like the Ice Age : Collision Course, it was a bomb. The film also praised such as Justin and Talia’s scenes, new characters but it was criticism for dark and menacing villain and even saddest memory were Talia’s dad died and her mother was lost. Also, the reasons why this film has bombed and negative reviews is because, the film was criticised and it was praised for its voice acting, but some are weak to voice. Another criticism is, like Pandas! The Movie, it has negative reviews and a box office bomb.
The failure of Ryan and Dory’s Family postponed the sequels of Ryan Burke Adventures where the girl is travelling on the ship.
The film features music composed by Harry Gregson-Williams and Hans Zimmer with additional score by Danny Elfman and Henry Jackman. They were announced following their performances on their films made by DreamWorks. John Powell was previously originally announced to score the film, but he refused. Replaced by Harry Gregson Williams who collaborated with Hans Zimmer. Three new singles that was used in the film were "Family Time" by Elton John, "Memory Never Last Forever" by Beyonce, and "Party has Begun" by Jennifer Lopez and Jessie J.
Ester Dean, Elton John, Saoirse Ronan, Bruno Mars, will.i.am, Robin Thicke, Calvin Harris, Jamie Foxx, Bastille, Janelle Monae, Phillip Lawrence and Bowling for Soup also did new singles while the film features classic hits by Jessie J, Beyoncé, Queen Latifah, will.i.am, Jamie Foxx, Keke Palmer, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, Lin Manuel Miranda and Janelle Monae.
The song Club Can’t Handle Me by Flo Rida and Telling the World by Taio Cruz were both used in the film’s credits. The song Mamma Mia was sung by the characters where footage of their voice actors recorded their lines at the end credits of the movie.
- Magic - B.o.B featuring Rivers Cuomo
- Family Time - Elton John
- Memory Never Last Forever - Beyonce
- Party has Begun - Jennifer Lopez and Jessie J.
- My Shining Star - Saoirse Ronan
- Hot Wings - will.i.am and Jamie Foxx
- Sweet Dreams - Beyonce
- This is Love - will.i.am
- Fly Love - Jamie Foxx
- We’ll be Coming Back - Example
- Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
- Pompeii - Bastille
- Boys and Girls - Ester Dean
- A Dream - Common ft will.I.am
- Telling the World - Taio Cruz
- Eenie Meenie - Justin Bieber
- We R Who We Are - Kesha
- What is Love - Janelle Monae
- It’s Tough to Be A God
- I’m Still Standing - Elton John
- Dancing Queen - Tamsin Egerton
- So Good - B.o.B
- Its a Jungle Out There - Phillip Lawrence
- Club Can’t Handle Me - Flo Rida
- Tightrope - Janelle Monae, B.o.B, Lil P Nut and Big Bro
- Domino - Jessie J
- Starships - Nicki Minaj
- Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran
- Mamma Mia - The cast (End credits)
- Macaws in the House - Phillip Lawrence
- Runaway Romance - Brad Paisley
- Rio Rio - Ester Dean and B.o.B
- OMG - Usher and will.i.am
- Pirate Song - Peter Dinklage and Freddie Highmore.
- Sing - Ed Sheeran
Songs also heard in bonus track
- ET - Katy Perry
- Timber - KeSha and Pitbull
- Firework - Katy Perry
- The film was rated PG for mild language, action, humour, and scary scenes. While in the UK, it was rated PG for comic fight scenes.
- This film takes place after Ryan Burke Adventures.
- Freddie Highmore and Saoirse Ronan appear in Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Julie Walters and Saoirse Ronan appear in Justin and the Knights of Valour and Brooklyn.
- Alfred Molina and Kristin Chenoweth both starred in Strange Magic together.
- The film’s box office bomb are the reasons why this has positive, but negative reviews. First, Jack Black’s performance is only thing praised, second, this stuff has its a lack of character development, third, it was criticised for its plot and fourth off, one of the movie posters are misleading. Also, the only critizing is many negative reviews of this movie.
- The songs that were played in the trailer were
- Aaron Blaise was originally going to direct the film. But Blaise had left the project because of his work on Kingdom of Allias.
- The job of composing the score was offered to John Powell but he refused due to working on The Kingdom of Allias.
- Common and Richard Carter were in Happy Feet Two and Pandas! The Movie.
- The screenwriter was originally going to be written by Chris Sanders who left the project due to his busy schedule of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. Also, Bonnie Arnold was originally going to produce the film but Arnold has commitments during production so she was replaced by Don Hahn, Pam Marsden and John H. Williams. Chris Sanders was replaced by
- Julie Walters and Anne Hathaway both co-starred in Becoming Jane.
- Jennifer Lopez and Keke Palmer appear in Ice Age and Hustlers.
- The film’s box office bomb and a positive but negative reception, the film was based on a video game at the time of its release.
- In the poster of the film, Wonder Woman/Diana Prince made an appearance, but in the final film, she is Also, on the poster, Ryan has. Another poster of the leopard didn’t appear in the film as other characters didn’t wear or use in the film
- Andrew Adamson was the director of Shrek 1 and 2.
- Hans Zimmer was hired following his composition of Dunkirk.
- Aziz Ansari and Chris O’ Dowd appear in Epic.
- Jennifer Lopez and Keke Palmer appear in Ice Age 4 and Hustlers.
- Alfred Molina and Josh Gad appear in Frozen 2.
- Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman appear in Kung Fu Panda.
- Released the same year as Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again and Mary Poppins Returns, also featuring Julie Walters.
- Jim Sturgess‘ third animated films of 2018, followed by Soren: Owl of Na'Hoom and Talia.
- Saoirse Ronan and Alfred Molina appear in Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh appear in Wild Wild West with Will Smith.
- Allias Salmon was originally appear. If he did, then Dwayne Johnson will play him.
- Mr Ping was originally appear
- Li Shan was also appear too
- These two films are both originally set in the same place.
- Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman recorded their dialogue together.
- Justin and Talia’s relationship in the film were praised by the performance in the film. Also, Freddie Highmore and Saoirse Ronan recorded their lines together in one booth.
- The film’s negative reception has box office bomb and grossing millions. Although this film is a box office bomb and a negative reviews, this film has only praising is the directing and the voice acting.
- The story of the film is similar to Rio,
- The voices of Cockatoo and Rosetta are played by Nicholas Hoult and Riley Keough who are both featured in Mad Max: Fury Road. They both portrayed Nux and Capable respectively.
- This reunites cast members from the Ice Age film franchise; John Leguizamo, Simon Pegg, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Lopez, Adam DeVine, Jessie J, Peter Dinklage, Keke Palmer, Josh Gad, Bill Hader, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Wanda Sykes, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Nick Offerman, Heather Morris, Nick Frost, Aziz Ansari, Rebel Wilson, Alan Tudyk, Alain Chabat, Kunal Nayyar.
- First collaboration between Harry Gregson Williams and Hans Zimmer. They both score DreamWorks films.
- This is the first animated film to be shot in Dolby Cinema followed by Soren: Owl of Na’Hoom.
- First animated film to have an Australian/American collaboration of genre.
- Sparky’s design is the same zebra that is CGI. It has Khumba’s design but Sparky is fully striped.
- Andrew Adamson’s fifth movie since Shrek, The Chronicles of Narnia, Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away and Mr Pip.
- This film was released the same day as Soren: Owl of Na’Hoom, also starring Hugh Jackman and Hugo Weaving.
- Jack Black and Jennifer Aniston both born in 1969, 1 year apart.
- Jack Black and Mike White appear in School of Rock.
- The film’s teaser trailer was shown in front of Wonder Woman, which was also distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
- The film is similar to Lady and the Tramp 2, Happy Feet 2 and Rio 2.
- This reunites the entire cast of Happy Feet and Happy Feet Two; Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Hugo Weaving, Anthony LaPaglia, Magda Szubanski, Miriam Margoyles, Fat Joe, Pink, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Richard Carter, Common, Sofia Vergara, E.G. Daily, Ava Acres, Meibh Campbell, Lil P-Nut and Lee Perry.
- Elton John was the directors’ first choice to write songs for the film. His other songs include Ferngully, The Lion King, The Road to El Dorado and Gnomeo and Juliet.
- The song Tightrope that was used in Happy Feet Two was used in the film and end credits.
- This reunites cast members from Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole; Hugo Weaving, Ryan Kwanten, Anthony LaPaglia, David Wenham, Emily Barclay, Abbie Cornish, Richard Roxburgh, Sam Neill, Helen Mirren, Joel Edgerton, Deborra Lee Furness, Geoffrey Rush, Miriam Margoyles and Essie Davis.
- Harriet Owen reprise her role as Jane Darling from Peter Pan: Return to Neverland.
- Eli Marienthal reprise his role as Hogarth Hughes, but his voice deepened by the time after The Iron Giant was released. The producers hired unused archival recordings and used dialogue from Tucker, which Marienthal starred in.
- Zephyr and David appear in this film, but in the film, their voices got deepened by the time this was released. Haley Joel Osment got too old and was replaced by Max Charles, while David on the other hand was replaced by Pierce Gagnon, when Adam Wylie was too old to reprise his role from All Dogs Go To Heaven 2.
- Originally, Ramon and Lovelace were going to be written out of the film because out of respect of Robin Williams, but the writers stated that Ramon is played by the same person who did the voice of him in the video game and Lovelace is archival audio by Robin Williams.
- The job of composing the score was offered to John Powell, but he refused due to working on The Kingdom of Allias.
- The song Runaway Romance was used in Planes: Fire and Rescue.
- Hans Zimmer was officially hired following his performances on his films. Harry Gregson-Williams was also hired following the music score of Shrek, The Chronicles of Narnia and Kingdom of Heaven.
- The films was released in the same year as The House with Clocks on Its Walls and Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, also featuring Jack Black. Also the music video Humility by Gorillaz was released in the same year, both starring Black himself.
- Peter Dinklage had voiced a second character being a pirate, the first is Ice Age 4. Unlike Captain Gutt, The Pirate Chief is kind, caring and selfless but heroic and eccentric.
- Barry Humphries, Hugo Weaving and Elijah Wood were in The Hobbit.
- During the scene in which the animals sing during the audition, this is allusion to their songs.
- The score of the film is like a mix of The Lion King and Kung Fu Panda.
- During the scenes, some character made a cameo in the film
- Originally, Mark Wahlberg was considered to play Ryan Burke, but Wahlberg had other commitments during production so he left the project altogether, leaving Guy Ritchie‘s second choice Jack Black to take on the role.
- Alex was scheduled to appear, but his voice actor Ben Stiller had commitments during production. His co stars from Tropic Thunder; Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr are also featured.
- Hugh Jackman was the second choice to play Dory’s father. The directors saw his performance on X-Men, Wolverine and Logan so Jackman was officially signed on to join the voice cast.
- Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are also star in Happy Feet and Australia. This is the third time that Jackman and Kidman share a scene together.
- During the end credits, while the musical number We Are plays, the characters had the same dance moves as these actors, characters and singers from films.
- Kate Winslet was cast as Dory’s aunt following her performance on Titanic.
- James Hong was very busy doing Paws of Destiny
- The film was released on March 14 two days before Peter Rabbit was released in the United Kingdom.
- Freddie Highmore recorded his part during the breaks of Bates Motel.
- Simon Pegg and Freddie Highmore share a birthday (February 14).
- Guy Ritchie‘s first family friendly film which is later Aladdin.
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s second collaboration since Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World’s End. Pegg and Frost appear in Ice Age films separately such as Pegg in Dawn of the Dinosaurs
- Some adverts stated that Three Horses were having a large role but in the actual film, they have medium role.
- This film takes place after the events of The Story of Ryan and Dory's Family and Ryan Burke Adventures. However, these stories are set in the middle of this film.
- Abbie Cornish was cast by Guy Ritchie following her performance on Sucker Punch.
- Common and Sofia Vergara‘s second collaboration after Happy Feet Two (2011).
- Jack Black and Mike White’s second collaboration after School of Rock (2003).
- Simon Pegg and Idris Elba appear in Star Trek Beyond.
- Idris Elba, J.K. Simmons and Alan Tudyk appear in Zootopia.
- Jesse Eisenberg and Jeffrey Dean Morgan appear in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Riley Keough and Maya Rudolph both starred in We Don’t Belong Here.
- John Leguizamo, Ian McShane, Willem Dafoe and Randall Duk Kim all starred in John Wick.
- Joel Edgerton and Riley Keough’s second collaboration since It Comes at Night.
- Dan Fogler and Carmen Ejogo appear in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Jessie J and Jennifer Lopez’s second collaboration after Ice Age 5: Collision Course (2016)
- Adam DeVine, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Sofia Vergara appeared in Morden Family.
- Nicholas Hoult and Riley Keough’s second collaboration after Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).
- Dustin Hoffman and Randall Duk Kim both starred in Kung Fu Panda.
- The Great Eagle had the same personality has Metal Beak as well as more powerful and ruler of the kingdom. Also, Joel Edgerton has the same voice and tone as his character
- Bill Hader and Jessie J are Cast members from Saturday Night Live.
- Rosie Huntington-Whitely’s third film after Mad Max: Fury Road and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. This is her first family friendly animated movie.
- Keke Palmer and Jennifer Lopez both starred in Ice Age 4 : Continental Drift.
- Josh Gad (Percy), Maya Rudolph (Kate), Nicki Minaj (Horse) and Peter Dinklage (The Pirate Chief) appear in Angry Birds.
- This film features two cast members from Bates Motel; Freddie Highmore and Nicola Peltz.
- Chris Sanders was originally announced to do this film, yet they were very busy on How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
- Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman also co starred in The Holiday.
- First collaboration of Gary Oldman and Michael Gambon since The Book of Eli.
- Mike Epps and John Leguizamo appear in The Honeymooners.
- Freddie Highmore and Saoirse Ronan both starred in Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Rupert Everett (Sota), Mark Strong (Heraclio), Robert De Niro, David Walliams (Melquiades) and Ricky Gervais (Paul) appear in Stardust.
- A video game was based on the film.
- James Corden’s first choice to officially star in the film.
- The song Dancing Queen and all songs from Mamma Mia were used in the film.
- This reunites cast members from Mad Max : Fury Road; Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Riley Keough, Zoë Kravitz, Abbey Lee, Courtney Eaton, Richard Carter and Angus Sampson.
- Warner Bros was so shocked and surprised that the prequel was released on the same year, but one of the executives calmed him down and said that he must understand. The boss hears the panicking members and rushes into and gently opens the door and tells the man not to worry because it’s just a prequel.
- Saoirse Ronan (Talia), Jim Broadbent (Gordon) and Julie Walters (Gran) appear in Brooklyn.
- Nicki Minaj and Drake’s third collaboration. But actually this is their second collaboration after Ice Age: Continental Drift.
- James Corden (Macaw), Idris Elba (Sharptooth) and Rebel Wilson (Capybara) appear in Cats.
- Jack Black and Danny Devito appear in Jumanji: The Next Level.
- Danny DeVito (Old Man), James Corden (Scarlet Macaw) and Common (Jaguar) appear in Smallfoot.
- Jack Black and Matthew McConaughey appear in Tropic Thunder and Bernie.
- Released the same year as The House with Clocks on its Walls and Goosebumps 2, also featuring Jack Black.
- David Wenham and Richard Carter appear in Gettin’ Square.
- Abbey Lee and Courtney Eaton appear in Mad Max: Fury Road and God’s of Egypt which Geoffrey Rush also starred in.
- This reunites cast members from Happy Feet; Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Pink, Hank Azaria, Sofia Vergara, Hugh Jackman, Hugo Weaving, Nicole Kidman, Richard Carter, Common, Magda Szubanski, Miriam Margolyes, Anthony LaPaglia and E.G. Daily.
- This Reunites cast members from Justin and the Knights of Valour; Freddie Highmore, Antonio Banderas, James Cosmo, Charles Dance, Tamsin Egerton, Rupert Everett, Barry Humphries, Alfred Molina, Mark Strong, David Walliams, Julie Walters, Olivia Williams and Saoirse Ronan.
- Tigress only appears in the film with a medium role despite the billing on the poster with her voice Actress Angelina Jolie.
- When Justin is singing at the nightclub in the party at Gabylonia, he sings Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran. The song was used in the music video, which features Saoirse Ronan, who portrayed Talia in the film.
- Joel Edgerton was cast following his performances on Exodus: Gods and Kings. Edgerton had been officially hired by one of the directors following his role on Animal Kingdom and Midnight Special. When Edgerton was recorded his line, he stated that he needs to get pumped up and he get the bump to prove it.
- This is the second film that Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman appear together, the first is Kung Fu Panda.
- This is the second time that Rowan Atkinson and Miriam Margoyles appear together, the first is Blackadder.
- Saoirse Ronan recorded her dialogue following her conflicts on Lady Bird and Mary Queen of Scots, which stars Ronan, the film however was released on the same year as Talia, also featuring Saoirse Ronan. She stated that she went to the festival to see her spin off film featuring her character from Justin and the Knights of Valour and also, Saoirse Ronan was surprised that she was ready for commitments but she also attend the films premiere and have a chat with the movie’s press release.
- Simon Pegg was cast following his performance on his films. Pegg recorded his lines several times a week.
- The film was released on the same year as these actors and actress appear in these films.
- Jim Sturgess (Soren), Freddie Highmore (Justin) and Alfred Molina (Reginald) appear in Close to the Enemy.
- During the song My Shining Star, Talia began singing the same way in the scene. Saoirse Ronan’s first time singing in this film since Lady Bird. Also, the Waitress appear in several scenes of the musical number. Talia also dances the same day she dances with Justin at the party.
- Saoirse Ronan and Julie Walters also second collaboration since Brooklyn.
- Adam DeVine and Zoe Kravitz appear in The Lego Batman Movie.
- Adam DeVine (Tapir) and Wanda Sykes (Cats) both starred in Ice Age: Collision Course, where they play Julian and Granny respectively, and Jexi. Also, Jennifer Lopez (Horses) and Keke Palmer (Female Cat) both starred in Ice Age: Continental Drift, when they play Shira and Peaches and also in Hustlers.
- The bull that Justin and Talia ran into and the bull that chases Justin and Talia is the same bull from Puss In Boots. Also, one of the bull that chases Justin after it wake up when he catches Justin milking underneath it’s groin when Justin was pretending to milk it by using a bowl is the same one from Puss in Boots when Puss saves the Comandante's mother From being trampled by a bull. In this film, however, the bull is bigger and more aggressive than this one.
- John Hurt had finished his lines before his tragic death in 2017. In 2016, he records his lines after finish Ben Hur, he also played Boggles in the film Talia before his tragic passing at the age of 77. Hurt had finished his lines such as Soren: Owl of Na’Hoom and Talia before he died.
- Adam DeVine (Tapir) and Rebel Wilson (Capybara) appear in Pitch Perfect 2.
- Robert De Niro, Anne Hathaway and Adam DeVine appear in The Intern.
- Queen Latifah and Common appear in Just Wright.
- The scene where Justin tries to make milk to a bull by using soup bowl under its udders is the same scene where Sid tries to milk an ox from Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
- Like Rio and Ferdinand, the credits had too many photos that take place after the events of the film.
- It is stated that Justin was born on Valentine’s day while Talia was born in Easter. This is a allusion where their voice actors were born in real life.
- Peter Dinklage, James Cosmo, Charles Dance, Ian McShane and Essie Davis appear in Game of Thrones.
- Seth Rogen and Adam Devine appear in Neighbors.
- Rowan Atkinson (Zazu) and Miriam Margolyes (The Wolf Bat and Mrs Pilthiver) appear in Blackadder.
- Josh Gad (Percy), Alan Tudyk (Mole) and Alfred Molina (Reginald) appear in Frozen 2.
- Barry Humphries (Braulio) and Geoffrey Rush (Ezylryb) appear in Finding Nemo.
- Jim Sturgess, Saoirse Ronan and Mark Strong appear in The Way Back.
- Elijah Wood (Mumble) and Gary Oldman (Lord Shen) both starred in Spyro.
- Alan Tudyk (Mole) and Josh Gad (Percy) appear in Ice Age and Frozen.
- Alfred Molina, Hugh Jackman and J.K. Simmons appear in The Front Runner.
- Saoirse Ronan and Mark Strong appear in Arrietty, The Way Back and Justin and the Knights of Valour.
- Queen Latifah (Female Flamingo) and Keke Palmer (Female Cat) appear in Joyful Noise and Ice Age 4.
- The end of the scene where Justin and Talia’s wedding scene at the end of the film where Braulio changes position several times. Also, Talia is seen wearing a pink flower on her hair and Justin wears a black tuxedo with a red rose in the right side of his top.
- Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman appear in The Holiday along with Kate Winslet.
- Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman both recorded their dialogue together.
- The Pirate Chef was voiced by Peter Dinklage who had starred in Game of Thrones.
- The song Can’t Hold Us was used in the trailers and on the soundtrack was included in the trailers of Ice Age: Collision Course.
- Some characters had their cameo appearance including the toucans from Rio, Champ and Copas, Jade Palace Geese’s and the Elder penguins appear in the film.
- Braulio and Legantir had their medium appearance in the film.
- Some photos in the credits were similar to Rio, Ferdinand and Cars 3 but more photos were added. The pictures in the credits were Miguel and Tulio going on vacation with Chel, Soren are practicing flying with Blu, Justin tries to tie his shirt with Talia with a dress, Blucher hosting a anniversary party for the Queen, Soren graduating at school, Justin, Talia, Melquiades, Blucher and Legantir are at the theatre, Hogarth and Jane were on a beach playing volleyball, Snakey wearing shades, Heraclio was on stage with Sota, Lara and Talia are sunbathing with sunglasses, Po and The Furious Five are practicing training at the P.E. Hallway, a statue of Sir Roland, Cockatoo and Rosette have chicks, Nico and Pedro had a carnival show with Amazon animals and birds from Rio to attending the party, Justin and Talia are on their adventures, Gran and Reginald have their tea, Dory and Ryan are going on amusement parks, Blu was wearing sunglasses,
- Saoirse Ronan, Andy Garcia and Magda Szubanski all share a birthday a year part (April 12).
- J.K. Simmons and Riley Keough appeared in The Good Doctor.
- Riley Keough and Abbey Lee appeared in Welcome the Stranger.
- Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman and Hugo Weaving appeared in film that was released in 2018; Jackman was in The Front Runner, Kidman was in Aquaman and Weaving was in Mortal Engines.
- Julie Walters (Gran) and Michael Caine (Toucan) appear in Educating Rita.
- Elijah Wood, Hugo Weaving and David Wenham appear in The Hobbit.
- Originally, the concept art stated that Blucher was going to come on a trip with the gang to go on a journey, but despite Blucher’s role being cut down to a medium role, he appear in the film with a large role despite the fact that he has a small role.
- The Great Eagle despite being an Eagle was actually Swainson’s Hawk.
- Jessie J’s second official movie after Ice Age: Collision Course.
- Barry Humphries recorded his lines for 12 weeks.
- Saoirse Ronan and Beanie Feldstein appear in Lady Bird.
- Julie Walters and Saoirse Ronan both recorded their dialogue together in a studio booth with Alfred Molina, Tamsin Egerton and Freddie Highmore.
- There are numerous scenes from the trailers and television spots that are all in the final cut of the movie but three dialogue are changed such as The Great Eagle saying "I will destroy the boy" was changed to "I will DESTROY the pack", Melquiades wacking his staff left right and shouted "Come on, Lara!" was changed to "Come on, Lady Lara" and also Justin yelling "LARA, LOOK OUT!" out loud when the boulder nearly injures Lara, before Justin saves her by pushing themselves out of the way and they fell on the ground while in the final cut, Justin yells "Lara, look out!" a little loud before he rushes to save her.
- The name Lady Lara Brazenhead and also Lady Lara Moneybags has been named several times.
- Saoirse Ronan quoted her dialogue from Lady Bird during recording her lines.
- Released the same year as The PINY Institute of New York Movie, also starring Laura Post.
- Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman appeared in Happy Feet and Australia.
- The actors from Morden Family appeared in animated movies; Vergara was the voice of Carmen in Happy Feet Two while Jesse Tyler Ferguson was the voice of Shangri Llama and Adam DeVine was the voice of Julian in Ice Age: Collision Course.
- Adam DeVine and Zoe Kravitz are also in live action movies made by Warner Bros; DeVine was in The Intern portraying Jason while Zoe Kravitz was playing Toast in Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane and David Wenham appear in Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost appeared in films by Blue Sky Studios; Pegg was the voice of Buck in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs while Frost was the voice of Flynn in Ice Age 4: Continental Drift.
- Sparky has the same similarities to his voice actor Cuba Gooding Jr along with Marty from Madagascar and Khumba.
- Several drafts was used in the original story were the first draft was Ryan and Dory having a child, but the idea was having Hogarth so Ryan was a close friend to him, the second draft was Blucher died of a sickness and Justin retried to be a knight to become a trainer to train Talia, this was cut because Blucher’s death was too similar to King Harold’s death from Shrek the Third, the third draft was Ryan and the gang going to Hollywood for a vacation, and also Heraclio swim to the island getting revenge on Justin.
- Freddie Highmore and Saoirse Ronan had both been recorded theirs lines in a same studio.