|Nickname||The Young Lion|
|Special Moves||Flare Blade (Neutral), Double-Edge Dance (Side), Blazer (Up), Counter (Down)|
|Final Smash||Critical Hit|
|First appearance||Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (2002)|
|Voice actor||Jun Fukuyama|
Roy (ロイ, Roy) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. Initially leaked via data mining of update 1.0.6 in Super Smash Bros. 4, Roy was formally revealed after Lucas and released alongside him and Ryu on June 14th, 2015, making him the third downloadable character released and the final downloadable veteran. Jun Fukuyama reprises his role as Roy's voice actor, and provides new voice clips that mimic the ones he recorded in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Roy, the main character of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, returns for the first time since Melee! In The Binding Blade, Roy led the troops of Pherae into battle in his ailing father’s stead, and now he brings his speed and talent for short-range combat into this game. His sword, the Sword of Seals, is uniquely powerful at the base of the blade.
- Roy's pose in his official art is nearly identical to his pose in his official art for Melee.
- Aspects of Roy's sound design have been carried over from Melee:
- All of his sourspotted attacks emit a punch/kick sound effect, instead of a slash sound effect.
- He uses different voice clips when using battering items.
- When he is dizzy, his corresponding voice clip loops constantly, instead of playing only once.
- He uses more than one voice clip for his smash attacks.
- He only has one voice clip upon being KO'd.
- Roy's up smash, Flame Sword, shares the same name as Mega Man's forward aerial.
- Roy, Marth, and Cloud are the only characters to speak Japanese in every regional version of SSB4.
- Like Marth in his transition from Melee to Brawl, Roy's first and third victory poses have swapped quotes.
- If Roy's on-screen appearance occurs on one of Distant Planet's leaf platforms, he will descend with the leaf, but the Sword of Seals will remain stationary in the air until it returns to Roy once the battle actually starts.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|