|Rosalina & Luma|
|Nickname||The Cosmic Travelers|
|Special Moves||Luma Shot (Neutral), Star Bits (Side), Launch Star (Up), Gravitational Pull (Down)|
|Final Smash||Power Star|
|First appearance||Super Mario Galaxy (2007)|
|Voice actor||Kerri Kane (Rosalina)|
Rosalina & Luma (ロゼッタ&チコ, Rosetta & Chiko), known simply as Rosalina (ロゼッタ, Rosetta) in the character customization menu and the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS foldout, are playable characters in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. A duo consisting of Rosalina and a Luma, the player primarily controls Rosalina, while additional moves and inputs control the Luma's position and attacks. They were revealed during a Nintendo Directon December 18th, 2013, which coincided with Rosalina's reveal in Mario Kart 8. Kerri Kane, who first voiced Rosalina in Mario Kart 7, reprises her role.
Luma (チコ, Chiko) is a member of the star-shaped species of the same name that is under the care of Rosalina. It fights in tandem with Rosalina, similarly to how Nana fights in tandem with Popo, and utilizes hit points (HP) like Captain Olimar's Pikmin do. Unlike Nana and the Pikmin, Luma is controlled by the player, even when separated from Rosalina, and has a set respawn time upon being KO'd. Rosalina is always accompanied by a yellow Luma at the beginning of each battle, and while the yellow Luma can respawn upon being KO'd, it is possible for a differently colored Luma to take its place. The other Lumas are colored blue, green, red, cream (who appears almost identical to Baby Luma), and blackish brown (who is actually Polari).
The mysterious Rosalina lives in the Comet Observatory with the Lumas. She first traveled with them in search of their mother. In Smash Bros., Rosalina and Luma can fight in different places at the same time. If you can trap someone between Rosalina and Luma, you'll be able to unleash incredible damage!
- At E3 2014 and Smash-Fest, Rosalina & Luma were the only newcomers not available on both demo versions of SSB4.
- If Rosalina is being star KO'd and Luma is KO'd before her voice clip finishes, her voice clip may be cut short.
- Model swapping reveals that Rosalina's legs, unlike Peach, Daisy and Zelda's, are not fully modeled under her dress.
- Rosalina and Mega Man are the only newcomers to appear in the CGI portions of a newcomer trailer other than their own. In this case, they both appear in Bowser Jr.'s.
- All of the colors that Luma can appear as represent most of the Lumas that appear in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2:
- Yellow Lumas can transform into Launch Stars and Sling Stars. Giant yellow Lumas also appear in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- Blue Lumas can transform into Pull Stars.
- Green Lumas can be found on the Planet of Trials after finding the three Green Power Stars in Super Mario Galaxy.
- Red Lumas allow Mario to use the Red Star while on the Comet Observatory, and during one of the Purple Coin missions in Super Mario Galaxy.
- Baby Luma, who assists Mario by granting him the ability to spin, has a unique cream coloration.
- Polari, Rosalina's trusted advisor in Super Mario Galaxy, has a unique overall coloration of a blackish brown body and sky blue eyes. A tip also confirms that Polari is indeed the blackish brown Luma that can appear alongside Rosalina.
- In addition to his unique overall coloration, Polari sports a unique animation compared to the other Lumas. In his case, he has tears in his eyes while he is in hitstun.
- Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Roy are the only characters who use different voice clips for all of their smash attacks.
- Luma and Mega Man are the only characters in the game to have unique blast line KO animations. In Luma's case, its animation and coloration are smaller and different than other characters', respectively, and it emits stars.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, one of the tips about Rosalina & Luma's forward smash uses masculine pronouns in regard to Luma: "When Luma is behind Rosalina, this attack won't send him charging as far forward as usual.".
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|