Robin (ルフレ, Reflet) is a playable newcomer in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. In Super Smash Bros. 4, he was confirmed during a live stream, alongside Captain Falcon and Lucina, on the official Super Smash Bros. website on July 14th, 2014. Like in his home game Fire Emblem Awakening, players can select either male and female versions of Robin, similarly to Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Corrin and Inkling. In the English version, David Vincent, who is male Robin's first voice option in Awakening, reprises his role, while Lauren Landa voices female Robin. In the Japanese version, both Yoshimasa Hosoya and Miyuki Sawashiro reprise their roles as the voice actors for the male Robin and the female Robin, respectively.
This is the male Robin, an avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening. The goal of that game doesn't change much because of your gender choice, but Robin's hairstyle options do. In Smash Bros., Robin brings powerful magic and swordplay to bear. He can exhaust his moves, but they'll be restored over time.
- When Robin's Levin Sword breaks, he can still catch and carry it around as a throwing weapon. While he is still holding it, he can gain another Levin Sword in his other hand after 6 seconds, making it look like he is wielding two.
- Robin will hold his open hand out as if he were holding a tome even after discarding one. If Thunder is fully charged prior to tossing a different tome, his empty hand will still emit electricity indicating the tome's full charge.
- Robin is the only playable Fire Emblem character in the Super Smash Bros. series without a counterattack. He is also the only Fire Emblem character with a neutral special move that automatically charges, can be stored and canceled.
- Robin is the only playable Fire Emblem character who cannot equip sword or cape equipment.
- When Robin is KO'd, he or she may say respective defeat quotes from Fire Emblem Awakening depending on their gender. Male Robin may mutter "Reckless fool...!" while female Robin may yell "I was careless!"
- The Japanese version has her say "被弾しました！" ("I've been hit!"), in reference to dying in the games.
- In the German version of SSB4 Robin's name is "Daraen", like in the French (PAL), Spanish (PAL) and Italian versions. This contradicts the German version of Fire Emblem Awakening, where the Avatar's default name is "Robin" as it is in English.
- The day that Robin was revealed, July 14th, almost coincided with the release dates of two past Fire Emblem games: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Heroes of Light and Shadow was released on July 15th, 2010, while Fire Emblem was released in Europe on July 16th, 2004.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|