This article is rated R, meaning it contains content that may be inappropriate for readers under the age of 17.
Rayman: The Legend Rises is an adult animated epic black comedy-drama film directed, produced, and edited by RaymanLover. It was going to be released in March 21st, 2019, but then, It was delayed to April 12th, 2019, also released with a extended cut which adds more 25 minutes of unedited scenes, The extended cut was received better than the theatrical release, this film is confirmed for a remake to release in July 16, 2020, this film is the 24th installment of the RaymanLover Cinematic Universe.
Set in the beginning of 2021, 2 months before the events of the Legends, This film follow the lives of Hytalo, Penny, Gumball & Rayman.
- Hugh Jackman as Dr. Jordan Ford Johnson / Rayman, an former NASA astronaut which was hit by an frozen asteroid to receive the Super-Fist power.
- Jacob Hopkins as Hytalo Valdez, an 12-year-old that has autism and he is Penny's new boyfriend
- Teresa Gallagher, an 13-year-old shape-shifting fairy that can morphs into any animal with her emotions, She is also Hytalo's new girlfriend.
- Nicolas Cantu as Gumball Watterson, an 13-year-old cat.
- Mark Ruffalo as Globox, an obese 42-year-old that loves food and he's Rayman's best friend.
- It's more than good, it's GREAT. - Jeffrey Yohalem, Rating: 8.5/10
This film received an 90 on Metacritic and an 9,1 on IMDb and an 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, This film is praised for its science ficton atmosphere, although some reviewers critized due to its lengthy runtime.
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- This flm is very violent, but some how, in Brazil, this film is 14+.
- There are 6 spoken uses of the word "fuck", and two written. 24 uncensored spoken uses of "shit" and one censored, 8 spoken uses of "pussy".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This film is really violent and kids might be scared by its blood.
- This film was originally entitled "Rayman: Odyssey on War".
- This film was meant to be an PG-13 movie, but instead, RaymanLover prefered the R rating.
- The film was originally going to be a war film, but instead, it's been changed to a comedy film on the remake.