R | 3h 1min | Animation, Comedy, Horror | 9 April 2021 (USA)
Ravenpaw Bortz becomes a shapeshifting terminator-like monster, causing a killing spree to his housemates and eventually the Bortz, Indian and Paris housemates and he becomes their worst nightmare of bad luck.
Director, Producers and Writers
Director: Jonah Hill
Producers: Jason Blum, Teddy Schwarzman
Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
Channing Tatum (see full cast below)
Cast overview, first billed only:
- Channing Tatum-...-Ravenpaw Bortz
Written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick
Genres: Animation | Comedy | Horror
Motion Picture Rating (MPAA)
Rated R for strong bloody violence, gruesome images and extreme terror throughout, and for sexual content, nudity and language | See all certifications >>
Parents Guide: View content advisory >>
9 April 2021 (USA, theatrical release)
13 July 2021 (USA, home release)
- Paramount Pictures (presents)
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) (presents)
- Blumhouse Productions (in association with)
- Black Bear Pictures (in association with)
- Paramount Pictures
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM)
- Paramount Home Entertainment (DVD) (2021)
- Paramount Home Entertainment (Blu-Ray) (2021)
- The film was originally going to be directed by Channing Tatum and Reid Carolin.
- On February 4, 2021, they stepped down as they said that the film would not be released after Dog (2022), which still had no trailer and poster at the time. Afterwards, Jonah Hill stepped in to replace them.
- The film was originally scheduled for release on February 12, 2021 so that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer would release it with Dog (2021).
- On July 3, 2020, the film was pushed back to three weeks later on March 5 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On October 21, 2020, the film was moved back up to its original February 12 release date so that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer would also release it with Dog (2021).
- On December 22, 2020, the film was pushed back to a week later on February 19.
- On December 31, 2020, the film was pulled from the release schedule with Quiver to the Moon: Cosmic Cube Crisis taking its original spot and the intention to release it later in the year due to the uncertainty of Dog (2021) being released on February 12, 2021 due to the lack of reliable sources regarding its delay.
- On January 13, 2021, the film was rescheduled for release on August 6, 2021 as it was revealed that a scene in Trapped in the Shed: The Last Stand would reveal that Zachary Bortz would share a jail cell with Ravenpaw.
- On February 4, 2021, upon change of director, the film was moved up to four months earlier on April 16.
- On March 4, 2021, the film was moved up to a week earlier on April 9.
- The film was originally going to be distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Universal Pictures and produced by Blumhouse Productions and Black Bear Pictures.
- On May 1, 2020, it was announced that Lantern Entertainment had taken over co-distribution after Universal Pictures dropped out of all future Zachary, Grace and Lexia films due to the studio no longer releasing movies in AMC Theatres in response to the streaming success of Trolls World Tour (2020).
- On July 3, 2020, it was announced that Paramount Pictures had taken over co-distribution to make the studio compete in the March 5, 2021 release date competition with Columbia Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures.