“What you are about to see is a very special film about a musical adventure of a penguin around Penguintown, Arctic. This film is brought you by the support from the people around the world. Thank you. Noot Noot!” - Pingu in the opening disclaimer.
Pingu: The Movie is an upcoming 2020 British-American 3D-animated musical fantasy comedy film produced by Mattel Creations. The animation is produced by Blue Zoo.
It stars Joseph Pollock, Maria Darling, David Holt and Bob Golding.
A teaser trailer has been released for January 10, 2020.
Characters (voice actors)
- Joseph Pollock as Pingu
- Maria Darling as Pinga
- David Holt as Robby the Seal, Pongi, Mr. Peng-Chips, additional voices
- Rasmus Hardiker as Pingo, Giant Squid, Football Manager, Chef Fred, additional voices
- Bob Golding as Pingg, Bajoo
- Emma Tate as Pingu's Mother (Real Name: Miranda), The Imagination Spirit
- Alexander Armstrong as Pingu's Father (Real Name: Anthony)
- Tom Baker as Pingu's Grandfather (Real Name: Kenneth), Giant Walrus
- Justin Fletcher as Pongi, additional voices
- Rob Rackstraw as Punki, additional voices
- Jacob Scipio as Southpolitor
- Marcel McCalla as Rockhopper Penguin
- Teresa Gallagher as Pendra and The Seagull
(more on the way)
Musical Numbers in this film
- "South Pole"- Pingu, Pinga, Robby (Opening)
- "This is the Island" - Pingu
- "A Penguin Like Me" - Pingo
- "The Pingu Boogie" - Pingu and his family and friends
- "We're gonna get back home" - Pingu
- "You can do what you can do" - Pingu, Pinga
- "One of You" - Pingg
- "Penguin Town is MINE!" - Giant Walrus
- "All together!" - Pingu, Pinga, Robby, Miranda, Anthony, Pingo, Pingg, the others
- Friends Forever - Flying (from 2003's Peter Pan)
- "Calm Down, Pingu" - The Imagination Spirit
- "What a Day!" - Pingu
- "Stuck with You" - Pingu, Pinga
- "Beat in my Heart" - Pingu, Robby
- "I'm Pingu!" - Pingu
- "South Pole Finale" - The entire cast except the bad guys (Ending)
- Snowflake - Sia (End Credits)
- Eyes of a Child - Michael McDonald (from South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut) (End Credits)
The sound for Pingu the Movie (2020 film) is designed, edited, and recorded at Skywalker Sound in Marin County, California in the United States, with Randy Thom supervising the sound design, Tom Myers designing the sound, and Gary Rydstrom.
artificially created or enhanced sound, or sound process used to emphasize artistic or other content of films, television shows, live performance, animation, video games, music, or other media. These are normally created with foley. In motion picture and television production, a sound effect is a sound recorded and presented to make a specific storytelling or creative point without the use of dialogue or music. The term often refers to a process applied to a recording, without necessarily referring to the recording itself. In professional motion picture and television production, dialogue, music, and sound effects recordings are treated as separate elements. Dialogue and music recordings are never referred to as sound effects, even though the processes applied to such as reverberation or flanging effects, often are called "sound effects".
Marketing for the film included by Thinkway Toys, Pingu and Pinga interactive Talking Room Guards with a motion sensor, secret pass code, interactions mode, eyes blink, arms moves, Robby Flying Room Guard with a motion sensor, secret pass code, hanging ceiling, Pingu and Pinga Talking Model Kit to snap of build, Pingu and Pinga Interactive Southpole walkers with a remote control, and Interactive Pingu with a interactions each others! Also by Fisher Price, the Characters' Talking Plush Toy!
The widescreen Blu-ray and DVD was released on May 1, 2020, as well as a "2-Disc Collector's Edition" that included bonus features. audio commentary with the filmmakers, a multi-skill level Set Top Game with voice talent from the movie, and a deleted scene among other features. Unlike its theatrical box office performance, the film performed better on home video, becoming the top-selling home video release of 2020.
- Pingu trying to escape and running into the house and jump and fly and says "To Infinity, And Beyond!" just acting like Buzz Lightyear from (Toy Story).
- This is the first time the characters speak english rather than it's own language.
- This is the first movie of the Pingu franchise, which is longer than Pingu at the Wedding Party.