Paul and Company is a 1996 American live-action film based on Michael Shires 1988 animation adaptation of Kevin Kline's 1976 novel Paul Twist, it stars Jim Carrey and Wallace Shawn. In contrast with the 1988 film, of the animals talk in this version. Released on July 26, 1996 by Michael Shires Pictures, the film was praised for its faithfulness to the animated classic.
- Jim Carrey as Faggot
- Wallace Shawn as Bill Strikes
- Mae Whitman as Penny Patterson
- Jim Broadbent as Waltham
- Robert De Niro as Old Larry
- Toby Jones as Alfonso
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Paul the Kitten
- Jason Weaver as Paul’s Singing Voice
- Bruce Willis as Wallace the Dog
- Lena Headey as Sally the Saluki
- Chris Rock as Ted the Chihuahua
- Pierce Brosnan as Ernest the Great Dane
- Sean Connery as Frank the Bulldog
- Emma Thompson as Juliet
- Ian McShane as Roger
- Ian McKellen as Duncan
The songs are exactly the same as The Original, But with an original song played in the beginning.
- The reason why it was rated PG-13 is because they wanted the plot to be much darker than the original.