|Nickname||The Yellow Bane of Ghosts|
|Special Moves||Bonus Fruit (Neutral), Power Pellet (Side), Pac-Jump (Up), Fire Hydrant (Down)|
|Final Smash||Super Pac-Man|
|First appearance||Pac-Man (1980)|
Pac-Man (パックマン, Pakkuman), rendered in-game as PAC-MAN in non-Japanese versions and as PACMAN in the Japanese version, is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. In Super Smash Bros. 4, he was revealed on June 10th, 2014 during the E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. roundtable, alongside the Mii Fighters. According to Palutena's guidance, Pac-Man, along with Mr. Game & Watch are both one year older than Mario and Donkey Kong. Pac-Man is one of the nineteen third-party characters in Super Smash Bros. 4, alongside fellow Bandai Namco characters, Goku and Naruto, Capcom's Mega Man and Ryu, Konami's Snake, Sega's Sonic, Bayonetta and AiAi, Square Enix's Cloud, Golgoth Studio's Justice, Clamp's Sakura, Activision's Crash, Team Shanghai Alice's Reimu, Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha, Nickelodeon's SpongeBob, Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim and Disney's Ralph and Elsa.
The yellow, circular hero of the game PAC-MAN, which is recognized as the "Most Successful Coin-Operated Arcade Game" by Guinness World Records. In Smash Bros., he uses several moves inspired by the original PAC-MAN. Wakawaka your foes by charging up the Power Pellet move and aiming at them.
- Pac-Man makes a few references to his home series:
- During some animations, he emits sound effects highly similar to the ones from Pac-Man instead of vocalizing.
- During his Super Pac-Man, he can wrap around the screen like in Pac-Man.
- When his token in StreetSmash is KO'd, the death sound effect from Pac-Man is played instead of being silent.
- The pose in his official artwork matches the pose in his Pac-Man World artwork.
- His sleeping animation is a reference to a painting found in Pac-Man World 2.
- He has alternate costumes that are based on the winged shoes power-up from Pac-Land.
- Pac-Man is noted within his trailer for being one of the two oldest characters among the cast, with the other being Mr. Game & Watch. Both debuted in 1980, a year before Mario and Donkey Kong, which was also noted at the end of his trailer.
- Pac-Man is the only character to have different head icons in both versions of SSB4. In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pac-Man's arm is exposed, showing whatever armband he is wearing if he has one. In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Pac-Man is striking a thumbs up with his opposite hand.
- Interestingly, each icon also represents one half of his pose in his official artwork.
- Pac-Man and the Mii Fighters are the only characters who do not show panicked facial expressions when drowning. In Pac-Man's case, he drowns while maintaining his grin.
- In an interview, Masahiro Sakurai said that he would have considered dropping Pac-Man from SSB4 if Bandai Namco had required the usage of his design from Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.
- Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, and Villager are the only characters who have moves based on a series other than their own.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pac-Man's alt. trophy shows him using Power Pellet, making it impossible to tell which alternate costume is being used, or if one is even being used at all. This makes him the only character with this distinction.
- Pac-Man is the only third-party character in SSB4 that can crawl.
- He is also the only third-party character in the game to not have a meteor smash effect as his down aerial.
- Pac-Man, along with Bowser, Bowser Jr., Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Little Mac, Young Link, Ganondorf, Corrin, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Sonic, Justice and SpongeBob are the only characters who transform during their Final Smash. Inkling, Goku and Sakura transform from one of their special moves.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|