Oswaldo: The Movie (Portuguese: Oswaldo: O Filme) is a upcoming 2D computer animated adventure action movie released for February 19, 2021 by Pixar Animation Studios, Birdo Studio and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. It is based on the animated series of the same name. It stars Eric Bauza, Miranda Cosgrove, Zach Callison, Sam Lavagnino, Tara Strong, Nathan Lane, John Goodman, Mel Gibson, Joan Cusack, Tom Hanks, Elsie Fisher, Zachary Gordon, Matthew Gray Gubler, Sandra Bullock, Anna Faris, Jennifer Tilly, James Marsden, Will Arnett, and Owen Wilson.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Logo Variations
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Release
- 7 Easters Eggs
- 7.1 Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, and Toy Story 4
- 7.2 A Bug's Life and A Bug's Life 2
- 7.3 Monsters University and Monsters, Inc.
- 7.4 Finding Nemo and Finding Dory
- 7.5 The Incredibles and Incredibles 2
- 7.6 Cars, Cars 2 and Cars 3
- 7.7 Ratatouille
- 7.8 WALL-E
- 7.9 Up
- 7.10 Brave
- 7.11 Inside Out
- 7.12 The Good Dinosaur
- 7.13 Coco and Coco 2
- 7.14 Onward
- 7.15 Soul
- 7.16 Luca
- 7.17 Cupcake and Dino: General Services
- 7.18 Ollie's Pack
- 8 Teaser Trailers
- 9 Marketing Partners
- 10 Marketing Merchandises
- 11 YouTube
- 12 Demand
- 13 Music
Oswaldo is a 12-year-old penguin who lives with his adoptive human parents inside the apartment in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Upon learning that he was adopted and that his real parents are alive, he sets out on an adventure to find them. The penguin attracts the attention of Alexandro Kojak (The Bad Guy), a biomechanical and villainous smuggler who kidnaps Oswaldo's real parents and needs to sell Oswaldo into the black market for his money, with the help of his greedy scientist, Dr. Keebler (disguised as Medeiros Sr., the father of the local school bully, Medeiros), who also wants to get rid of animals to continue to profit off it for science, while still hunting a dog, Hammy and the Pets friend: Sandy, George and Jeff. In this way, the penguin and his friends need to rescue the imprisoned animals as soon as possible, while Oswaldo seeks to solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
- Eric Bauza as Oswaldo
- Miranda Cosgrove as Leia
- Zach Callison as Tobias
- Sam Lavagnino as Janjão
- Tara Strong as Maurinha
- Mel Gibson as Father
- Joan Cusack as Mother, Marilua
- Nathan Lane as Medeiros, Paulo Augusto (P.A.), Geovan
- John Goodman as Gilbratar, Ozzy, Tenório
- Tom Hanks as Joubert
- Christopher Lloyd as Alexandro Kojak
- Jason Issacs as Dr. Kebbler
- John Ratzenberger as Vanderson, Vandermorte
- Elsie Fisher as Janete
- Zachary Gordon as Alberto
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Ian
- Sandra Bullock as Vivian
- Anna Faris as Sandra
- Jennifer Tilly as Solange
- James Marsden as Seu Ramiro
- D.B. Sweeney as Teco
- Will Arnett as Dimitri, Checho, Marílio
- Owen Wilson as Hammy the Dog
- Nicki Minaj as Sandy the Cat
- Tim Allen as George the Hamster
- Will Smith as Jeff the Pigeon
- Frank Welker as the Chicken (uncredited)
- Ben Schwartz as Jorge the Capybara
- Joel Viera as Oswaldo, Teco
- Melissa Garcia as Leia
- Vini Wolf as Tobias, Dimitri
- Thais Feijó as Maurinha
- Francisco Júnior as Father
- Mabel Cezar as Mother
- Alfredo Rollo as Medeiros
- Milton Parisi as Tenório
- Hugo Picchi Neto as Ozzy
- Duda Espinoza as Joubert
- Robson Nunes as Alexandro Kojak
- Pedro Eboli as Dr. Kebbler, Ian
- Hélio Ribeiro as Vanderson
- Carol Valença as Janete, Janjão
- Tatiana de Marca as Vivian, Sandra
- Gustavo Pereira as Paulo Augusto (P.A.)
- Sílvia Abravanel as Marilua
- Tarsilla Amorim as Solange
- Fábio Porchat as Hammy the Dog
- Antonio Tabet as George the Hamster
- Márcio Simões as Jeff the Pigeon
- Tiago Abravanel as Jorge the Capybara
- Fernanda Crispim as Sandy the Cat
- Disney (Opening): It is very similar to TJB (2016) variant, but with a couple of changes. The music is complete without a transitional serge, the camera doesn't zoom backwards, and "Presents" underneath "Disney" is absent. In addition, the orange streak flies out of the gate of the castle as the camera stops, and arcs over it when "Disney" fades in.
- Pixar Animation Studios (Opening and Closing):
- Opening: We see a montage of clips from various Pixar Animation Studios movies (such as Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, Cars 3, Coco, Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, Onward and Soul zooming out and playing simultaneously. Then, Tobias (from Oswaldo) pop left and looks at the screen. Tobias giggles and wave to say hello and grab on the top of the screen and going to down. Transitioning into the Pixar Animation Studios from Soul. The words "Celebrating 35 Years" and "1986-2021". This was used to commemorate the 35th anniversary.
- Closing: Instead of the lamp, Oswaldo walking and bounces the "I" down with it. Then, a Tobias enters from the left and finally gets a high-five from Oswaldo, at which the logo instantly cuts to black (the clap sound substituting for the lamp's light clicking off).
- Birdo Studio: Coming soon...
- Pixar's fully animated film to be produced at 1.85:1 after Toy Story (1995), Toy Story 2 (1999), Monsters, Inc. (2001), Finding Nemo (2003), Up (2009), Toy Story 3 (2010), Monsters University (2013), Inside Out (2015), and Finding Dory (2016).
- This is the first Pixar film to be fully 2D animated (Not produced, but released by Pixar Animation Studios under its label).
- Pixar's Second film to be released in February.
- Ben Schwartz's 4rd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after Turbo (2013), The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) and Sonic the Hedgehog (2020).
- Miranda Cosgrove's 3rd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after Despicable Me (2010), Despicable Me 2 (2013) and Despicable Me 3 (2017).
- Zach Callison's 2nd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after Steven Universe: The Movie (2019).
- This is the second Pixar's musical film, since Coco (2017).
- This is the first Oswaldo movie to have had their music composed by Randy Newman.
- This is the first Pixar film to have outtakes since A Bug's Life (1998), Toy Story 2 (1999) and Monsters, Inc. (2001). (As the last Pixar film to have outtakes in the credits was Monsters, Inc. released in 2001)
- John Lasseter's first directorial effort since Toy Story 2 (1999), Cars (2006) and Cars 2 (2011).
- This is the second Pixar movie to be released for digital download while still in theaters after Onward (2020).
- The end credits is similar to the end credits from The Grinch (2018) and Ferdinand (2017), which it is the movie features photographs on the closing credits.
- The fifth Pixar movie to contain subtitles, after Toy Story 2 (1999), The Incredibles (2004), Cars (2006), and Toy Story 3 (2010).
- The fifth Pixar movie to contain Epilogue, after Cars (2006) and Toy Story 3 (2010).
- The story "The Ugly Duckling" is referenced twice. The first when Medeiros calls him a "Ugly Duckling", and the other when Oswaldo's real father humilates his son by telling the Ugly Duckling right in a storybook (which Jorge steals earlier) until the point in which the title character is mocked for his appearance for living with humans. Also, his namesake book appears and playing a major role in the film as a source of catharsis for Oswaldo.
The movie title will be release on February 19, 2021 in IMAX, RealD 3D, Dolby Cinema and 2D by Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios.
- The teaser trailer was released on October 23, 2020 and was shown worldwide screening before Connected (2020)
- The first trailer was released on December 23, 2020.
- The second and final trailer was released on January 15, 2021 and was shown worldwide screenings before Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, followed by a special brand reel with clips from' Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, Cars 3, Coco, Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, Onward and Soul' commemorating the 35th anniversary of the Pixar Animation Studios, which was released the same day.
Both commemorated the 35th anniversary. The logo was first seen on the trailers for The logo was first seen on the trailers for Oswaldo: The Movie and Untitled Pixar film. It was also seen on the final trailer for Untitled Pixar film as its final appearance.
LEGO will release sets of the Oswaldo: The Movie in 2021 based on the film.
The film was released in theaters worldwide on February 19, 2021, marking the 35th anniversary of Pixar.
- A113 - Seen in Kojak's truck.
- Luxo Ball - Seen as one of the toys stolen by Jorge.
- Pizza Planet Truck - Seen twice. The first being the traffic scene and the other when Dr. Keebler is sent flying into the Pizza Planet Truck after being punched by Janete.
- Buy-n-Large (BnL) - Logo appears on the Chicken Robot's batteries.
- Dinoco - Logo appears on the gas station.
- Poultry Palace - The Poultry Palace fast food appears while Oswaldo and the animals try to run away from the smugglers.
- Eggman Movers - During the traffic scene.
- TripleDent Gum - Oswaldo's father seeing the commercial on TV.
- The Pride Rock - Appears in one of Joubert's portraits.
Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, and Toy Story 4
One of the penguins with a tie resembling Wheezy appears.
A Bug's Life and A Bug's Life 2
Monsters University and Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo and Finding Dory
Two orange clownfishes resembling Marlin and Nemo makes a cameo during "The Life of Oswaldo".
The Incredibles and Incredibles 2
Tobias reads a Mr. Incredible comic book.
Cars, Cars 2 and Cars 3
A polar bear resembling Elinor's bear form appears as one of the antagonists, while trying to eat Oswaldo.
The Good Dinosaur
Coco and Coco 2
The movie's poster appears in the Joubert's music room.
Cupcake and Dino: General Services
Cupcake and Dino appears in the paintings of the wall.
Cleo, Bernie and Ollie will appears in the end, credits outtakes and bloopers reel.
- (Love will Keep Us Together - Captain & Tennille begin)
- Oswaldo, Léia, Tobias, Janjão, Maurinha, Paulo Augusto, Sandra, Vivian, Geovan, Janete, Dimitri, Medeiros, Alberto, Ian, and Hammy o Cachorro move in circle while holding hands until Hammy panics about not belonging here and breaks from the circle, causing the other kids to crash into each other.
- Hammy: I don't belong here! (screaming)
Oswaldo: The Movie from Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studois and Birdo Studio are proud to be partners from favorites:
- Old Navy
- Coca Cola
- Sierra Mist
- Sky Broadband
- Dodge Caravan
- Royal Caribbean International
- Marcus Theatres
- AMC Theaters
- Burger King
- Days Inn
- Dolby Digital
- Payless ShoeSource
- HP Invent
And look for Oswaldo: The Movie merchandises are available from these retailers and products:
- Mega Construx
- Thinkway Toys
- Disney Store (Deluxe Figure Set, Deluxe Figurine Playset and Mega Figurine Set)
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Mystery Minis
- Pop! Movies
- Cooking with Pixar (Character: Oswaldo, Léia and Tobias)
- Disney+ (Oswaldo - Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The album's first track is a song called "????" written and performed by Newman.