Olimar (ピクミン＆オリマー, Pikmin & Olimar) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. His return in Super Smash Bros. 4 was announced in a Director's Room Miiverse post on July 12th, 2013, which also commemorated Pikmin 3 being released in Japan on the following day. Alph, one of the three leaders in Pikmin 3, was revealed as an alternate costume in a Director's Room Miiverse post on September 11, 2014. During gameplay, the Rock Pikmin Olimar can summon are now added to the Pikmin Pluck special move.
A veteran spaceship pilot for Hocotate Freight, Captain Olimar partners with Pikmin in Smash Bros. to help him in battle. Olimar is much stronger when he's got Pikmin with him, so keep them plucked and good to go. Pikmin abilities are based on their color-learn where each is best at!
- Because Olimar's placement in All-Star Mode is based on his own debut instead of Alph's, whose debut in Pikmin 3 (2013) occurred twelve years after Olimar's debut in Pikmin, Alph will be misplaced chronologically during All-Star Mode if he appears in Olimar's place. The same applies to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.
- Olimar's All-Star trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is highly similar to his pose in his official artwork for Brawl.
- Olimar is the only character who does not use his official alt. trophy when he is faced in rounds 4-5 in Classic Mode in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Instead, he uses Alph's trophy.
- Although Alph travels in the S.S. Drake in Pikmin 3, he instead travels in the Hocotate Ship for his on-screen appearance and Final Smash because of his status as an alternate costume.
- Olimar and Alph have different expressions when they are hit. Olimar's eyes comically bulge out, which he commonly does in Pikmin 2 upon being surprised, whereas Alph winces.
- Olimar is the only character to have only one special move in his default moveset that deals damage.
- He is also the only character to have a special move (Winged Pikmin in his case) that lacks any damage-dealing custom versions.
- In the European version of End of Day's trophy, it mistakenly says that Olimar pilots the S.S. Dolphin during it. However, he actually pilots the Hocotate Ship during End of Day.
- Despite Pikmin Throw's ability to make thrown Pikmin bring items to Olimar being exclusive to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, his alt. trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS mentions it regardless.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|