- Patrick Swayze as Trashy
- Paige O'Hara as Charlotte
- Rob Schneider as Loopy
- Randy Savage as Tuff-Jazz (T.J.)
- Daryl Hannah as Christine
- Susan Sarandon as Madame Bourgeois
- Edie McClurg as Darla
- Rupert Everett as Quentin Scamett
Based on the Kate Dillon Cartoon, The New York Cats, In a NYC alley, Trashy and his gang of streetwise yet respectable and lovable alley cats, hear about the visit of Madame Bourgeois and her Angorra cat Charlotte and plan to fake a romance with her in order to live with her and her owner. But when Trashy actually does fall in love with Charlotte, his gang finds it harder to get to their objective. When Trashy and his pals are invited to stay with Charlotte, bankrupt businessman Quentin Scamett plans to abduct and murder them in order to get Charlotte's inheritance. It's up to the cats to save the day.
The film contains the following songs sung by the following characters:
- Love It or Lose It - Trashy, Loopy, Tuff-Jazz and Christine
- Love Knows What's Good - Trashy and Charlotte
- She’s Never Been Alone - Charlotte
- All I Need - Quentin Scamett
- Animal Rights Rap - Tuff-Jazz, Rofu, Christine and Charlotte
The film also included the Kiss/Ace Frehley version of New York Groove, played during the final part of the ending and the first half of the end credits. The end credits version of Love Knows What's Good is performed by Paige O'Hara and Peabo Bryson.