- The password ("Michael sent me") to enter the "Rainbow Parade Club" refers to Michael Shires.
- First live-action and traditional animation hybrid Shires film to be rated PG-13 by the MPAA, mainly due to its adult based content and situations.
- The film takes place in 1957, as clearly indicated towards the beginning of the movie.
- The Mine of Holland is rated PG-13.
- Despite the fact that this was filmed in VistaVision, and in the standard spherical format, "Filmed in Panavision" is listed in the end credits.
- The Rainbow Parade Club is the name of a show on Michael Shires's from back in the '50s.
- Michael Reynolds keeps the stop-motion model of the flattened Medicine Man in his office.
- At the movie theater where David tells Wakko his backstory, the short being played is Boofy's Gymnastics (1949), which came out two years after the film takes place. Crew members claimed to have chosen this particular short, despite its anachronism, because it was the zaniest thing they could find in the Shires Vault.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.