|Mr. Game & Watch|
|Nickname||Master of Two Dimensions|
|Special Moves||Chef (Neutral), Judgment (Side), Fire (Up), Oil Panic (Down)|
|First appearance||Ball (1980)|
Mr. Game & Watch (Mr.ゲーム＆ウォッチ, Mr. Game & Watch) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. After making a cameo in Super Smash Bros. 4 during Pac-Man's trailer, Mr. Game & Watch was announced during the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza on October 23rd, 2014. Like in Melee and Brawl, he uses Game & Watch-esque sound effects to represent his "voice".
Game & Watch was first released in 1980, making the series the father of the Game Boy and Nintendo DS. Or maybe an older sibling? Anyway...in Smash Bros., Mr. Game & Watch uses distinct retro moves to damage his foes. However, he's only two dimensional, so he's pretty easy to send flying.
- Mr. Game & Watch's official artwork in Super Smash Bros. 4 is the first in the series to feature him without his bell.
- Mr. Game & Watch is the first and only veteran to be officially shown but not confirmed before Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS's release, due to him having been revealed in Pac-Man's trailer.
- Mr. Game & Watch was the last veteran to be shown as a playable character by an official source, as Jigglypuff was shown off multiple times in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, while Mr. Game & Watch was not revealed until after the Direct was over.
- As he has an outline of his own, Mr. Game & Watch does not use a black outline like the rest of the characters in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. As a result, it is his gray and white outline that changes colors to denote his team affiliation and other such effects.
- Unlike his other attacks, Mr. Game & Watch's down tilt is rendered in 3D. This was also the case in Brawl.
- However, it will be rendered in 2D if it is used at the edge of a stage/platform, or if used on 2D stages like Flat Zone X, Flat Zone 2, Super Mario Maker, etc.
- Mr. Game & Watch has many various animations in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS that are different in comparison to how they appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- The parachute used in Fire and its custom variations spreads further out in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS than in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- When using up aerial, his head visibly inflates then deflates in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and remains stagnant in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- His hands in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS are spread out when running, but in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, his hands are clenched fists.
- Oddly, when Mr. Game & Watch uses his taunts, his hands change back to how they appeared in Brawl. This only occurs in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Mr. Game & Watch does his hopping idle pose, rather than a taunt, after choosing a path in Classic Mode.
- Mr. Game & Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Bayonetta are the only three characters to have special charging sounds for their smash attacks, with his being a low-pitched beeping noise.
- He is also the only veteran with this trait.
- Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. are the only unlockable veterans in both versions to appear in a newcomer's poster art.
- Mr. Game & Watch and Lucina are the only unlockable characters to appear in more than one newcomer's poster art.
- Although he lacks visible eyes, Mr. Game & Watch's character select screen portrait in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U still emits the small sparkle effect when he is selected, with the sparkle appearing where his eyes would be positioned.
- Mr. Game & Watch, along with Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Wario, Little Mac, Young Link, Ganondorf, Corrin, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Pac-Man, Sonic, Justice and SpongeBob are the only characters who transform during their Final Smash. Inkling, Goku and Sakura transform from one of their special moves.
- According to Palutena's guidance, Mr. Game & Watch along with Pac-Man are one year older than Mario and Donkey Kong.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|