|Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon|
|Series||Marvel vs. Capcom|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Mode(s)||Single Player |
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 4 |
|“||Everyone is Here!||„|
|~ Introduction Tagline for Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon|
Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon is an upcoming fighting video game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. It is the seventh crossover fighting game in the Marvel vs. Capcom series. This video game is set to appear in the Spring of 2020. Director Norio Hirose states that all of the playable characters from the previous Marvel vs. Capcom games are going to appear in this fighting game.
The gameplay of Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon is similar to the one from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Players must knock out the opposing team by repeatedly attacking the opponent and draining their health bar. Armageddon features 3-9 on 3-9 partner battles, similar to Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes and earlier installments in the franchise. Unlike past entries, the game does not allow players to use traditional call-in assist attacks from off-screen characters; instead, Infinite utilizes a "free-form" tag system, known as "Active Switch", which shares similarities with Marvel vs. Capcom 3's "Team Aerial Combo" system and Street Fighter X Tekken's "Switch Cancel" system. Players can immediately switch between their team members at any point, even while mid-air or during attack animations. This provides players with the abilities to create their own offensive or defensive assists through the tag system and form continuous combos between their two characters.
NOTE: Each Marvel and Capcom characters are classified on each number in order of their appearance in Capcom fighting games. Characters who are highlighted in bold are new to Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon.
|Marvel Characters||Capcom Characters|
- Mii Brawler (Nintendo Switch version)
- Mii Swordfighter (Nintendo Switch version)
- Mii Gunner (Nintendo Switch version)
NOTE: All of the playable stages are shown from the past Marvel vs. Capcom games. The alternate stages from MvC2 and MvC3 can be unlocked by playing on each correct stage 10 times.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
- Avengers Headquarters
- Blue Area of the Moon
- Dr. Wily's Military Base
- Headquarters of Evil
- Honda's Bathouse
- Live House of the Dark Realm
- Neo St. Petersberg
- Rooftop of the Daily Bugle
- The Cliff of Desolation
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
- Rocky Desert
- ALTERNATE: Sunset Desert
- Clown Circus
- ALTERNATE: Clown Circus (Alternate)
- Underground Cavern
- ALTERNATE: Lava Cavern
- Icy River
- ALTERNATE: Rocky River
- Deserted Swamp
- ALTERNATE: Deserted Swamp (Alternate)
- The Flying Airship
- ALTERNATE: The Flying Airship at Night
- Clock Tower
- ALTERNATE: Snowy Clock Tower
- Industrial Factory
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- The Daily Bugle
- ALTERNATE: City That Never Sleeps
- Metro City
- ALTERNATE: Days of Future Past
- Kattelox Island
- ALTERNATE: Bonne Wonderland
- Demon Village
- ALTERNATE: Demon Village Redux
- Hand Hideout
- ALTERNATE: Shadowland
- ALTERNATE: Asgard: Sea of Space
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
- ALTERNATE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Air Show
- Tricell Laboratory
- ALTERNATE: Chaos at Tricell
- Danger Room
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
- Abel City - Sigma's Lab
- Avengers Tower
- Dark Kingdom
- New Metro City
- Training Room
- Nintendo Land (DLC)
- New Donk City Hall (DLC)
- Great Plateau Tower (DLC)
Mii Fighter Customizations
Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon has a new feature called Mii Fighter Customization where it can be found in the Main Menu of this game.
For a list of Customizations for the Mii Fighters, see List of Mii Fighter Cusomizations in Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon.
This section is under construction.
|Chun-Li||Fumiko Orikasa (JPN)
Laura Bailey (ENG)
|Wolverine||Steven Jay Blum|
- This is the first Marvel vs. Capcom fighting video game to:
- Have this game to be released on a Nintendo console.
- Have all playable characters (excluding Norimaro, from the Japanese version of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter) to appear from the past Marvel vs. Capcom games.
- Feature the Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter and Mii Gunner from Super Smash Bros. 4 and Ultimate in this game.
- Feature Customizations for the Mii Fighters in the Mii Fighter Customization menu.
- Have all stages return from the past Marvel vs. Capcom games.
- Feature a DLC stage in this game.
- Have the Infinity Stones return from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.
- Have the Duo Team Attack feature return from Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
- Have the bosses Ultron Sigma and Ultron Omega return in Arcade Mode of this game.
- Have voice lines in a character's ending in Arcade Mode.
- Feature alternate colors based on hidden characters from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.