Mad Max: Wasteland is a 2019 Australian-American post-apocalyptic fantasy action film written and directed by George Miller. It is the fifth instalment of the overall Mad Max film franchise, distributed by Universal and Village Roadshow Pictures in conjuncture with producer Jason Blum and his distribution company Blumhouse Productions, a division of Universal.
Following on from the events of the previous 2015 instalment Fury Road, Wasteland oversees Max Rockatansky align with an aboriginal female warrior Bindi Jedda, her young brother Waro, elder Omeo and the dystopian Australian faction Gibber as they combat the twisted ruling Wasteland outer reaches groups: The Bassinests led by the cultist Cradle Anders and mutant collective entitled Lustre.
Tom Hardy and Angus Sampson reprise their roles from the previous film while the rest of the cast is rounded by a new ensemble, including Yasmin Honeychurch, Aaron L. McGrath, Margot Robbie, Abbie Cornish, Jacki Weaver, Hamilton Morris, Rose Byrne, Joel Edgerton and Bryan Brown.
- Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky
- Yasmin Honeychurch as Bindi Jedda
- Aaron L. McGrath as Waro Jedda
- Margot Robbie as Desertine Anders
- Abbie Cornish as Jewel Anders
- Russell Crowe as The Sand
- Judy Davis as Merimbula Penns
- Luke Hemsworth as The Berserker
- Joel Edgerton as Danbar Rogers
- Rose Byrne as Grenadine Walters
- Miah Maden as Marlee Killda
- Hunter Page-Lochard as Djalu Nilma
- Jacki Weaver as The Cradle Anders
- Hamilton Morris as Omeo The Overseer
- Bryan Brown as The Ranger
- Eric Bana as Warrigal