|Nickname||Boy from Nowhere|
|Special Moves||PK Freeze (Neutral), PK Fire (Side), PK Thunder (Up), PSI Magnet (Down)|
|Final Smash||PK Starstorm|
|First appearance||Mother 3 (2006)|
|Voice actor||Lani Minella|
Lucas (リュカ, Lucas) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. Initially absent as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4, Lucas' return to that game was revealed during a Nintendo Direct on April 1st, 2015. He was then made available as downloadable content on June 14th, 2015, alongside Roy and Ryu. Lani Minella reprises her role as Lucas' voice actor, albeit via recycled voice clips from Brawl and with some of the clips slightly sped up.
The younger of the twin brothers from Nowhere makes his triumphant return to the game of Smash. Hailing from the Japan-only game Mother 3, Lucas's specialty is psychic projectile attacks. He can use these PSI attacks to do things like absorb enemy projectiles and deal supernatural damage!
- A few aspects regarding Lucas' status in SSB4 tied in to a number of significant dates for the EarthBound series:
- He was confirmed in the same month that his origin game, Mother 3, was first released.
- The announcement details for Lucas and update 1.0.8 were revealed on the same day as EarthBound's 20th anniversary.
- The day he became available to purchase was the same day that EarthBound Beginnings was released internationally for the Wii U Virtual Console.
- His amiibo's release date in Japan was the same day that Mother 3 was released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console.
- Lucas' dashing animation is similar to his running animation in Mother 3.
- Due to his non-fighter trophy using his character model from Brawl, Lucas is the only character who has both his Brawl and SSB4 character models in the same game.
- Lucas is the only starter character and newcomer from Brawl to be available as downloadable content.
- He is also the only DLC character with a tether grab.
- As Lucas' down throw technically does not bury opponents and instead forces them into a unique position, if the character being thrown flinches lightly, they will snap back to their original position. In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the skirts of Peach's, Daisy's Zelda's and Rosalina's dresses cannot keep up with the velocity change and will stay up. This technical oversight leads to odd results. However, this oversight does not occur in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
- Lucas' amiibo description on the official amiibo website is a combination of his Classic Mode trophy descriptions from Brawl and SSB4.
- Oddly, his amiibo description carried over his Brawl trophy's mistranslation of his home, Tazumili Village, rather than its correct translation, Tazmily Village.
- Lucas is the only veteran DLC character to have recycled voice clips.
- He is also the only veteran DLC character to not have his voice actress in the DLC credits. His voice actress, however, was in the original credits before his return.
- He is also the only DLC character to speak English in the Japanese version of the game, though Bayonetta can be technically included if her "A Witch With No Memories" alternate costume is counted.
- Oddly, Lucas' forward aerial has a hitbox that will load, but will then be deleted at the same time it appears. This hitbox deals 6% and has a punching sound effect on contact. However, it can be restored via modding.
- Lucas has unused references to Custom moves
- Additionally he has unused behavior for his PK Thunder that functions just like Ness PK Thunder. This does not confirm that this how Lucas' third variant functions.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|