Knights of the Elements is a 2010 computer-animated action-fantasy movie produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film was directed by Peter Ramsey and is the first installment in the Knights of the Elements franchise. The film stars the voices of Andrew Garfield, Jonah Hill, Amanda Seyfried, Michael Cera, Taylor Lautner, Shia LaBeouf, Robert Englund, Tony Todd, Hugo Weaving, Halle Berry, Sean Connery, Russell Crowe, Patrick Stewart, Margot Robbie, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The film is set in the fictional kingdom of Elementor and revolves around six young knights, Blaze, Daken, Isabel, Ryan, Heath, and Phillip as they are each chosen by their individual tribes to be the embodiments of fire, earth, water, lightning, ice, and air as they have to defeat the evil ruler of the Dark Kingdom, Willis the Dark, and defend all of Elementor.
Knights of the Elements premiered at the Gibson Amphitheater on August 30th, 2010, and was released in the United States four days later on September 3rd, 2010. The film was a commercial success, earning nearly $500 million worldwide. It was widely acclaimed, being praised for its animation, voice acting, writing, score, and 3D sequences. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score at the 83rd Academy Awards, but lost to Toy Story 3 and The Social Network, respectively. Knights of the Elements was nominated for ten Annie Awards, including Best Animated Picture, but lost to How To Train Your Dragon.
Blaze, Daken, Isabel, Ryan, Heath, and Phillip are six young knights from six different elemental tribes in the Kingdom of Elementor, the fire tribe that lives near the hottest volcanoes, the earth tribe that lives in the caves, the water tribe that lives near the beach, the lightning tribe that lives near the electric fence of the Kingdom, the ice tribe that lives in the snowy mountains, and the air tribe that lives in the forest as they have to learn to work together to defeat Willis the Dark, the ruler of the Dark Kingdom who wishes to conquer Elementor.
- Andrew Garfield as Blaze, the hotheaded but heroic Red Knight of the fire tribe that is also the team's leader and the embodiment of fire, who happens to have a heated rivalry with Heath
- Jonah Hill as Daken, the dimwitted but very nice Black Knight of the earth tribe that is also the team's muscle and the embodiment of earth,
- Amanda Seyfried as Isabel, the tomboyish but kind-hearted Blue Knight of the water tribe that is also the team's archer and the embodiment of water, as well as Phillip's love interest.
- Michael Cera as Ryan, the socially awkward but intelligent Yellow Knight of the lightning tribe that is also the team's brains and the embodiment of lightning who is also the youngest of the team.
- Taylor Lautner as Heath, the cold but good-hearted White Knight of the ice tribe that is also the team's speed fighter and the embodiment of ice, who also happens to have a heated rivalry with Blaze.
- Shia LaBeouf as Phillip, the optimistic and cheerful Green Knight of the air tribe that is also the team's wildcard, and the embodiment of air, as well as Isabel's love interest.
- Robert Englund as Willis the Dark, the evil ruler of the Dark Kingdom that despises Elementor and wishes to conquer it.
- Tony Todd as Thane, the right-hand man of Willis.
- Hugo Weaving as King Daemon, the benevolent ruler of Elementor.
- Halle Berry as Queen Amelia, King Daemon's wife.
- Sean Connery as Bartholomew the Wise, the King's head wizard and guide to the knights that is also an elf.
- Russell Crowe as Richard, Blaze's strict father who is the leader of the fire tribe and always considered Blaze a disappointment, but still cares about him and became proud of Blaze when he saved all of Elementor.
- Patrick Stewart as Jaanavar, a wise old orc.
- Margot Robbie as Alice, a fairy who seduces Heath.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Kiros, a Centaur.