|Nickname||The Pink Puffball|
|Special Moves||Inhale (Neutral), Hammer Flip (Side), Final Cutter (Up), Stone (Down)|
|Final Smash||Ultra Sword|
|First appearance||Kirby's Dream Land (1992)|
|Voice actor||Makiko Ōmoto|
Kirby (カービィ, Kirby) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. His return in Super Smash Bros. 4 was announced during the E3 Nintendo Direct on June 11th, 2013. He was also among the first wave of amiibo that are compatible with Super Smash Bros. 4. Makiko Ōmoto reprises her role as Kirby's voice actor, but instead of doing so via recycled voice clips, she provided new clips that changed Kirby's inflections somewhat compared to the clips from previous installments.
Round little Kirby lives on the peaceful Planet Popstar, in Dream Land. He can inhale things with his big mouth, either copying their abilities or spitting them out again. In Smash Bros., Kirby can inhale opponents and copy their standard specials. He gets launched easily but recovers well.
- Kirby cannot copy custom moves. However, his side custom move affects his Olimar Copy Ability, as the attack changes to match the variant of Olimar's Pikmin Throw.
- Due to unused animations discovered via hacking, the ability to charge Kirby's Hammer was originally intended for Brawl.
- Kirby has unused voice clips for all of Palutena's neutral specials, suggesting that at one point in development he was planned to be able to copy Palutena's custom moves, or that Palutena's default neutral special move was undecided.
- SSB4 is the first game in the series where Kirby's dash attack has not changed, as he retains his dash attack from Brawl.
- At a total of 80, Kirby has the most sound clips of any character, with his amount of clips being rivaled only by the Announcer.
- Kirby's alt. trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has his gray alternate costume with blue eyes instead of gray eyes.
- Kirby's blue alternate costume depicts the interior of mouth as retaining its normal coloration on the character selection screen and during his normal expressions. However, it appears blue while Inhaling.
- Kirby's screen KO resembles his screen KO in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. His pose in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS more closely resembles his face's position in that game, whereas his facial expression in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U more closely resembles his expression in that game.
- A glitch existed where if Kirby copied either Mr. Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Falco, or Wii Fit Trainer, broke the Smash Ball, and performed a down tauntwhile in standby, his eyes would no longer glow. Interestingly, if Kirby copied the ability again after using the Final Smash or self-destructing (excluding Mr. Game & Watch), his eyes would be glowing. This was fixed in update 1.1.4.
- During the development of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Kirby did not emote in any way.
- One of Kirby's official artwork poses in Kirby: Planet Robobot is almost identical to his official artwork pose from SSB4, with the only differences being his Robobot Armor helmet and a closed smile.
- When Kirby uses any of his side special moves off-screen and is shown in the magnifying glass, his normal motion will be seen, but his hammer will not.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|