Journey to Atlantis is a 2017 American 3D traditionally/CGI/animated comedy drama adventure action family epic film directed by Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise, with co-directors by Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff, Andrew Adamson, John Stevenson and Mark Osbourne, produced by Don Hahn, Bonnie Arnold, Pam Marsden, John H. Williams and Richard Sakai and written by John Fusco and John Collee with screenplay by Tab Murphy, Jonathan Roberts, Irene Mecchi, David Reynolds and Noni White with additonal screenplay by Linda Woolverton and Butch Hartman
The film stars the voices of Michael J. Fox, Jack Black, Don Novello, Troy Baker, Kelsey Grammer, Blake Clark, Steve Blum, Phil Morris, Claudia Christian, Jacqueline Obradors, John Mahoney, Corey Burton, and Rosanna Arquette. Other voices in the film were Cree Summer, Dustin Hoffman, Claudia Christian, Mark Hamill, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Kwanten, Hugo Weaving, Elijah Wood, Alicia Moore, Dennis Haysbert, Ben Kingsley, James Garner (his final film role), Jacqueline Obradors, Michael Shannon, Eli Marienthal, Brian Blessed, Ian McShane, and Jennifer Aniston, James Hong, Dan Fogler and Harry Connick Jr. it features Ryan and his friends including, went to the Ulysses to go on Atlantis where they meet Milo for the first time. To save it, it takes two to these guys to take matters into their own hands.
It was premiered on in Chinese Theatre and released theatrically in 3D and IMAX 3D on , .
It has negative reviews and it was a box office bomb calling it the worst animated movies of 2017 like The Boss Baby. It was released and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. Criticized for its performance, animation, plot, lack of originality, tone, racism, sexism, use of drugs and adult scenes despite the fact it was a Disney film, the only praising is the voice performances of Michael Shannon, Henry Cavill, Jason Momoa and Grey DeLisle and the ending of the film, due to the most expensive animation on the ending. The film performed failure at the box office, it was a big box office bomb, grossing a million budget almost. Budgeted at around $90–120 million, the film grossed over $186 million worldwide, $84 million of which was earned in North America. Due to the film's lackluster box office performance, Disney went bankrupt, closed down and lost its' rights of The Lion King, Tarzan, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Moana and Brother Bear to 20th Century Fox (which is now merged with Warner Bros Pictures).
This was Michael J. Fox's last film before his retirement. It was the final film of John Mahoney.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Production
- 4 Release
- 5 Reception
- 6 Soundtrack
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Transcript
- 8.1 Opening scene
- 8.2 Meeting Helga/ Going to Whitmore
- 8.3 Milo meeting his friends
- 8.4 The Submarine
- 8.5 The leviathan/the escape scene
- 8.6 Red Lion Wildzord attack
- 8.7 Having camp sex/the burning embers escape
- 8.8 Rourke’s death/Helga takes place as leader
- 8.9 Explore Atlantis/Milo and his friends have a party
- 8.10 The battle
- 8.11 The furious Five leave the gang
- 8.12 Milo and his friends’ argument
The film opens with Milo Thatch is working at the Smithsonian. He meet the big boy Ryan Burke who likes pandas and of course dreaming of working at the noodle shop. Ryan and Milo introduce each other and the two friends started eating spaghetti together like Lady and the Tramp, then Superman arrives and beats them up in space and after that, Gordon Ramsay beats up both Ryan and Milo while swearing at them. Also, After his proposal to search for the Journal is rejected by the museum board, a mysterious woman, Helga Sinclair, introduces Milo to Preston B. Whitmore, an eccentric millionaire. Whitmore has already funded a successful effort to retrieve the Journal as repayment of a debt to Milo's late grandfather and recruits Milo to lead an expedition to Atlantis as soon as he deciphers it. Two friends meet a woman named Helga Sinclair, which, Ryan is awed hoping he would find a wife, but snapped out of trance. They meet Preston Whitmore, an old friend of Thaddeus Thatch and he plans to fund an expedition, although they were picked on and called dumb by Rockjaw the crocodile.
Ryan and Milo found two items in a present; A Shepherd’s Journal that his grandfather left and a book and a map that leads. Whitmore reveals that Thaddeus died many years ago because he died a broken man. After that, while they left, Preston Whitmore died of a heart-attack and his corpse was eaten by lionesses. Along the way, he meet The Recess Gang including TJ Detweiler, Ashley Spinelli, Mikey Blumberg, Vince LaSelle, Gus and Gretchen Grundler. Hogarth who was a close friend to him.
Ryan invites his friends including Po, Tigress, Mantis, Crane, Viper and Monkey including master Shifu and a few others including The Recess Gang to go on the Ulysses on a vacation. To see Milo, they met lieutenant Helga Sinclair and Commander Rourke, leader of the expedition and a close friend of Thaddeus Thatch, Milo began to have a crush on Rourke, but along the way, they meet Joshua Sweet, who Milo is a close friend to him and Sweet is also like a brother to Mole which he is a companion he is also a Doctor, Italian bomber Vinny, French geologist Mole (who likes dirt), Spanish mechanic Audrey Ramirez, a cook named Cookie who is a cook and radio operation Mrs Packard. Upon reaching a territory, The Leviathan attacks and kills all of the sailors, these guys escaped by hitching a ride on a submarine as they trek into underground, but they fell into a trap where another colossus called The Red Lion Wildzord killed the Leviathan. The Red Lion killed every countless sailor, except Milo, his friends the Furious Five, Recess Gang, Ryan and Hogarth, leaving them the very last of their crew. The Furious Five have a plan to find Atlantis with the gang.
During their journey, Milo and Rourke went on a date, killing Aquaman, having dinner and hunting underground animals. After trekking into an underground cavern, the gang set up a campfire and tell stories about the past they came to an expedition. Audrey tells Milo the story of becoming a mechanic, and sweet tells Milo a story about after that, Milo and Rourke decided to have sex in Rourke's tent, with Milo telling Rourke to spit in his mouth and Rourke tossing Milo's salad.
Soon, the falling embers destroyed the camp, Rourke is killed trying to save his friend Milo and the team but the crew got away. Milo mourned for Rourke as they were supposed to get married after the adventure and have kids. Helga takes place as leader, and fill in his replacement, leaving the group unconcerned. Without Rourke, the crew has no choice but to move on.
When they arrive to Atlantis, they meet the bridge and met Kashekim and her daughter Kida. the group started explore all around, only for Milo to see that Kida is a mutated ugly Jokerized Atlantean creature. At Atlantis, Milo and his friends (except Po, Shifu and the Furious Five) were having an orgy.
After that, Helga reveals her true colors, and Milo was shocked about it. Kida betrayed him and he misses his boyfriend Rourke because he risked his life to save the crew from falling embers. Helga plans to, Hogarth got chosen by the crystal and they decided to get him back. Milo berates his friends for betraying their consciences and ultimately convinces them to leave Rourke and remain in Atlantis.
To save Atlantis, in order to stop Helga, Milo, Cookie, Packard, Sweet, Vinny, Mole and Audrey worked together to save Atlantis. Cookie is nearly injured while Milo intercepts. The battle between Milo and Helga fight as Milo pushed Helga into the water in a great height and she drowned.
With Helga defeated and Atlantis saved, the crew said their goodbyes, but something is wrong. The Furious Five betrayed the Atlantis crew, the Recess Gang and Ryan, knowing that the heart of Atlantis is already draining power and that the Atlantis crew, Recess Gang and Ryan are nothing but cowardly idiotic pathetic annoying losers, so they took the giant flying mechanical fish and left the crew to die as Po, Shifu and the Furious Five returned to the Jade Palace in the Valley of Peace in China. And as for Ryan and Hogarth, they stayed with Milo, only for Hogarth to realize that Milo was responsible for the death of Annie Hughes.
Then Milo, Ryan and the crew realized that Helga was a distraction as it was revealed that Kida is the true mastermind behind the Leviathan and Helga, Kida reveals her plans to them especially her minions were that she is gonna destroy all of Atlantis and wipe out the entire human and Atlantean race. The Kingdom is under attack when the gang watched in horror as someone was chosen by the Crystal. The person that was chosen by the Crystal was. Kashekim is killed by Kida by punching him when he refuses to leave, Kida, has no choice but to kill her father. she threatens her race that if they interfere, she'll eat them. She also threatens to murder everyone if they try to stop her.
To stop Kida when Milo realizing that Kida was going to destroy the Crystal and plus planning to devour her race if they try to stop her, Milo rallies the crew, told the plan that if they save Atlantis, they will stop Kida and his friends along with Mole, Vinny and Sweet and the gang (excluding the Furious Five) to stop Kida. Encouraged by Sweet, Milo rallies the crew including the Recess Gang, Ryan, Hogarth and the Atlanteans to stop Kida.
The battle begins with the fight, during between Mole, Cookie, Packard and Audrey panning to fight the bad guys and ends with Kida being burnt alive by the crystal's effect as it melted and destroyed her entire body, muscle, organs and skeleton. However after they killed Kida, Milo and the crew were too late to save Atlantis and the Atlanteans from doom as they didn’t make it in time during it taking way too long during the battle.
The film ends with Atlantis being destroyed and exploded killing the residents, while by attacked by Giant Wonder Woman and the Atlanteans and the main characters including Milo and the gang got killed and eaten by a giant Wonder Woman/Diana Prince who just appeared from the future, after she ate them, she urinated and vomited all over the destroyed rubble of Atlantis, regurgitating the digested main characters and eating them.
The film also ends in the prehistoric times where the ape-men dance to Celebration while the mammoths, sabre tooth tigers and other animals join in as they were happy.
In the mid-credits, Blazagon appears and informs the audience never to watch Disney's Atlantis ever again, because it will scar them for life before saying goodnight.
- Jack Black as Ryan Burke
- Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu
- Michael J. Fox as Milo James Thatch, a gay linguist and the main protagonist. He is a linguist and cartographer at the Smithsonian
- Troy Baker as Kidagakash Kida Nedakh, Milo's former love interest and the true main antagonist.
- Eli Marienthal as Hogarth Hughes, Annie’s son who is orphaned by Milo. Marienthal’s unused archival recordings was used in the film. Pierce Gagnon fill in.
- Kelsey Grammer as Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke, the former leader and Milo's true gay lover and soon-to-be husband. James Garner was officially announced in 2012, reprising his role as Rourke when Garner was driving at the studios to record his lines as Rourke,
- John Mahoney as Preston Whitmore, an old man
- Black also provides the voice of Po, a panda.
- Lucy Liu as Viper
- David Cross as Crane
- Jackie Chan as Monkey
- Seth Rogen as Mantis
- Angelina Jolie as Tigress
- Tony Shalhoub as Audrey’s father
- Phil Morris as Doctor Joshua Strongbear Sweet, a doctor
- Jacqueline Obradors as Audrey Ramirez, a Spanish mechanic.
- Don Novello as Vincenzo "Vinny" Santorni, a bomber and an Italian expert.
- Claudia Christian as Lieutenant Helga Katrina Sinclair, a German woman and the secondary antagonist. She is Rourke’s second in command.
- Sofia Vegarara as Audrey’s mother
- Randall Duk Kim as Oogway
- Corey Burton as Gaetan Molière, a French geologist
- Tress MacNellie as Packard, a woman operator (archive/unused recordings)
- Steve Blum as Jebidiah Allardyce "Cookie" Farnsworth, a cook.
- Pierce Gagnon as Tj Detweiler
- Max Charles as Gus Griswald
- Jason Davis as Mikey
- Ricky D Shon Collins as Vince, a kid.
- Pamela Adlon as Spinelli, a tomboyish.
- Ashley Johnson as Gretchen
- Gordon Ramsay as himself
- James Garner as Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke (unused/archived audio recordings). Garner recorded his dialogue in 2012 before he died in 2014.
- Jennifer Anniston as Annie Hughes, Hogarth’s mother who got killed by Milo James Thatch.
- Harry Connick Jr as Dean McCoppin, a man
- Michael Shannon as Kashekim Nedakhm, an old man who is King of Atlantis.
- Common as an Ape-Man
- Dabney Coleman as Principal Prickly
- Kevin Michael Richardson as
- Imari Williams as Blazagon
- Frank Welker as The Red Lion Wildzord
- Jason Momoa as Aquaman
- Grey DeLisle as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince
- Henry Cavill as Superman/Kal-El/Clark Kent
- Jim Cummings as Creatures
- Jeff Bennett as Creatures
- Cam Clarke as
- Rob Paulson as Creatures
- April Winchell as Ms. Muriel Finster, the groundskeeper of Third Street School and a professional boxer / Mrs. Detweiler, T.J. and Becky’s mother.
- Allyce Beasley as Ms. Alordayne Grotke, a teacher at Third Street School who specializes in martial arts.
- as Mr Harcourt
- Frank Walker also voices a creature and a lionesses.
In January 2012, following the release of John Carter, Journey to Atlantis has entered production. Andrew Adamson will be directing the film with Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise, Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
The film will also be produced by Don Hahn, Bonnie Arnold (Tarzan), Pam Marsden and John H. Williams (Shrek) and the script will be written by John Fusco, John Collee and John Orloff with screenplay written by Tab Murphy, Jonathan Roberts, Irene Mecchi, David Reynolds and Noni White with additional screenwriting by Linda Woolverton and Butch Hartman, creator of Fairy Odd Parents.
All of the cast members reprise their roles. Cree Summer was very busy with Warner Bros. Animation and 20th Century Fox so she was replaced by Troy Baker.
Since the cast of Atlantis reprise their roles from the first two films (except Cree Summer) were Michael J. Fox, James Garner, Don Novello, Phil Morris, Claudia Christian, Jacqueline Obradors, Jim Varney (in his final role), Florence Stanley, John Mahoney, David Ogden Stiers and Corey Burton. New cast members were joining in were Jack Black voices, along with Dustin Hoffman, Rachael Taylor, Hugh Jackman, Hugo Weaving, and Ryan Kwanten leading the voices along with Elijah Wood, Alicia Moore (Pink), Ben Kingsley and others. Cree Summer, who voiced Kida in the first two, was very busy filming her shows.
In January 2012, it was stated that James Garner was officially announced that he would be driving to the studio to record lines as Rourke, his character from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but after his death in 2014, Garner’s lines were unused archive recordings was heard in 2012 2 years before he died finishing the part but Kelsey Grammer took the part instead.
Also, in February 11, Dwayne Johnson, Helen Mirren, Jordan Peele, JB Smoove, Jenna Elfman and all officially lending their voices in the film
Other cast officially confirmed, on March 8, 2013, were signing in the film were Joan Cusack, Abbie Cornish, Peter Dinklage, Geoffrey Rush, Nicole Kidman, Common, Richard Carter, Dan Fogler, Sam Neill, David Wenham, Rachael Taylor, Emily Barclay, Jay Laga'aia, Abbie Cornish, Emilie de Ravin, Ryan Kwanten, Anthony LaPaglia, Miriam Margolyes, D.B. Sweeney, Kiefer Sutherland, Christopher Lloyd, Julianna Margulies, Joan Plowright, E.G. Daily, Magda Szubanski, Harry Connick Jr and David Field.
James Garner, the voice of Rourke, died on July 19, 2014 so this film is dedicated to his memory. A day before, Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon, who was cast by Disney for the first time, officially signed in because the filmmakers loved their performance on Man of Steel. This is their first Disney film together. Tress MacNellie now voiced Packard and Steve Blum voices Cookie in the film. Kelsey Grammer and Clancy Brown joined in.
The Recess gang will be reprise their roles on the film were Ricky D’Shon Collins, Ashley Johnson and Pamela Adlon with new replacements were Max Charles, Joshua Rush and Pierce Gagnon.
Journey to Atlantis was premiered on Odeon, Greenwich, and was theatrically released in the United States on July 1, 2017. The film also had its world premiere at Disney's El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California on June , at Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square, Odeon Cinema in Greenwich, and a limited release in New York City and Los Angeles on June 8; a wider release followed on June 15
The film’s UK British premiere of Journey to Atlantis was held at London, Greenwich, which children and adults attend the screening. Following the negative reviews of the film and a poor reception but poor box office sales, it features a theme park, but it was discontinued and destroyed because of the plot of the film was horrible.
The film was originally going to be released in 2015, but that date was move to 2016 to avoid competition with Inside Out and finally 2017 to avoid competition.
Before the film's release, reporters speculated that it would have a difficult run due to competition from Ice Age: Collision Course.
The film has box-office poor sales losing its million dollars, wasting the film’s budget. The lowest grossing box office has poor sales of the film. Due to the controversy and poor box-office sales of the film, the amusement park was discontinued because the plot of the film is horrible.
The film’s official first teaser trailer was debuted in front of Rio 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. A second teaser trailer was released on June 13, 2014 and shown in front of How to Train Your Dragon 2, which was released in Theaters.
The full trailer was released online on November 4, 2014 and shown in front of Big Hero 6, which was released in theatres on November 7, 2014. The same trailer was debuted in front of Annie, Night at the Museum 3, Home, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, Fast and Furious 7, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, Minions, Ice Age : Collision Course and Moana.
Disney had previewed a test screening of the unfinished film in January 2015, months before the film finished production. Despite the film’s negative reviews, Disney prepare UK premiere at the O2 in London, with the screenings held by the cast of the film.
Journey to Atlantis was among Disney's first major attempts to utilize marketing. To promote the film, the film’s TV spots was aired around the world, and it was prompted by Burger King, McDonalds, Disney Stores and of course, product placements. Some toys, action figures, books and even albums were prompted by Disney.
The movie’s negative reviews and box office poor sales failure bomb, the date was delayed and McDonald's advertising campaign involved television, radio, and print advertisements beginning on the film's release date.
Following the release of the film, Jack Black stated that "he will be shooting Ryan Burke Adventures which comes out in September 2017 by Universal and Jumanji : Welcome to the Jungle which comes out this Christmas and so does Ryan and Dory’s Family and of course The House with Clocks In It’s Walls. Also, he was signing his voice role in the film The Return of the Burke-Man where he played the character.". He is ready to film his voice in Charlton Park : The Movie and The Return of the Burke-Man.
After the release of the film, Disney was shocked that the film bomb so the studio loses its rights to other films. Point is, A promotion was held in the film such as kids toys, dolls, action figures, video games, books and a few others. like Cars 2, it has negative reviews, but unlike Cars 2, it was a box office bomb.
During the film’s release, controversy emerged that
Journey to Atlantis was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 3, 2017. The special features a short film, featurettes, behind the scenes and others. It was released in the UK November 6, 2017.
It was the lowest grossing film. Like Strange Magic and Jupiter Ascending, it was a box office failure, because it unperformed like Treasure Planet. This is the lowest grossing PG rated film for a box office bomb. Disney was so shocked that the studio was bankrupted and lost its rights to The Lion King, Brother Bear, Moana and Tarzan to Fox and Warner Bros.
Unlike the first two Atlantis films, Journey to Atlantis was not well received and it has tons of negative reviews stated that film is bombed.
Unlike Despicable Me 3 and Cars 3, it was having negative reviews and since Fox is merging with Warner Bros, Disney went bankrupted. Though, Disney has work its features like Coco, A Wrinkle in Time and Christopher Robin.
Journey to Atlantis was universally panned with critics by audience alike and with negative reviews. It was not as well-received, as it was met with mixed and negative reviews from critics and audience. It was on Metacritic being 14% and Rotten Tomatoes with the film being 7%. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 51% based on 309 reviews and an average rating, while Metacritic holds a rating of. Negative reviews stated that it was criticized by the fans of Disney saying that "Atlantis is the worst thing Disney ever made because Atlantis: The Lost Empire is a cult following while the film is worse than this, The Lion King, Tarzan and Brother Bear would these three movies that were made by Disney that would rather be distributed by Fox, just like Ice Age". The film was also criticised for its performance, animation, and its inappropriate scenes.
Other negative reviews include "Atlantis should’ve been rebooted, remake and retooled by the Disney studios", Also, Disney fans never wanted a Kung Fu Panda and an Iron Giant character in the film, due to Kung Fu Panda being created by Dreamworks Animation and Iron Giant being made by Warner Bros. Also, The Atlantis fans also stated that Rourke should’ve been recasted like Fillmore in Cars 2 and Slinky in Toy Story 3. Mole is criticized "as the annoying piece of garbage". Also, The films negative reception stated that "Most of the dialogue, were weak and the voices, animation and songs are fun and the action is disturbing and horrifying."
The critics state that "Ryan and Hogarth are the worst duo since ever, it would be better that if Ryan became the villain and of course main antagonist in every film". The singer Common stated that "this film was so disgusting that everyone left the theater and vomited after seeing Rourke having sex with Milo and tossing his salad". He even stated that "he'd rather see Wonder Woman than that garbage".
Since the film would not feature any songs, the directors hired Hans Zimmer to compose the score. The film’s soundtrack was composed by Hans Zimmer and songs by a-Ha and others. It was released by Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records. The songs that were used in the trailer were Gangnam Style by PSY.
- Take on Me - a-Ha
- Gangnam Style - PSY
- Jump on It - Apache
- Anaconda - Nicki Minaj
- You Might Think - Weezer
- Celebration - Kool & the Gang
- This is, only so far, Disney’s animated film with strong language, intense scenes and disturbing content.
- Andrew Adamson was the director of Shrek and Shrek 2. He also directed The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Mr Pip and Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away.
- Third Disney film to be directed by Andrew Adamson, the others were The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- Michael J. Fox’s fourth Disney film, the others were Atlantis : The Lost Empire.
- The song Jump on It by Apache was played while Milo and Rourke were beginning to make out.
- This is one of the worst animated movies since Strange Magic and Cars 2.
- Due to the controversy, Walt Disney Studios went bankrupt, closed down and lost its' rights of The Lion King, Tarzan, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Moana and Brother Bear to 20th Century Fox (which is now merged with Warner Bros Pictures).
- Milo and Rourke were originally going to be gay lovers, but the script was rewritten and Disney refuse saying that gay relationship isn’t appropriate for younger children so the studio tone the romance down and that Milo and Rourke were friends instead. Also, one of the drafts include Milo and his friends were having an orgy, but Disney removed the scene because it was too explicit for younger children and It caused a controversy between the studio and the audience.
- The second time Disney made a crossover with Recess and Atlantis, the first is Lilo and Stitch episode "Lax".
- The film’s teaser trailer was debuted in theatres in front of
- When the production began in 2012, Controversy emerged that It was officially announced that James Garner will be driving to the studio to record lines as Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke, his character from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, before he died in July 2014. Before his death, he finished his lines in the film, making his character got killed off.
- Blazagon from Heroes of Goo Jit-Zu appears and breaks the fourth wall by telling the kids never to watch Atlantis because they will be scarred for life.
- The song Celebration that the ape-men and animals dancing was also used.
- The animals that were dancing with the ape-men were sabre-tooth tigers, mammoths, hippos, giraffes, gorillas, elephant seals, hyenas, wolves, lions, shark, leopards, reptiles, deers, rhinos, bears, pigs, lemurs, meerkats, horses, zebras, buffaloes, bison, walruses, frogs and whales.
- At one point during the song, a lion and a boar resembling Simba and Pumbaa make a cameo.
- The animals that were dancing with the ape-men were sabre-tooth tigers, mammoths, hippos, giraffes, gorillas, elephant seals, hyenas, wolves, lions, shark, leopards, reptiles, deers, rhinos, bears, pigs, lemurs, meerkats, horses, zebras, buffaloes, bison, walruses, frogs and whales.
- Wonder Woman/Diana Prince will make an appearance with the design from DC Super Hero Girls (2019), though the show was released in 2019.
- Although this film is a box office bomb and negative reviews, the only praising was end of the film with Wonder Woman and the animals.
- Michael J. Fox and Jack Black both co-starred in Mars Attacks.
- The score of the film is like a mix of
- Common, who provided the songs and the voice of a character stated that "The film is complete garbage and Rourke tossing Milo’s salad. I am so glad that the new Atlantis is gone for good".
- John Powell was originally going to compose the score, but he left because of his schedule conflicts on the film because of his work on Ferdinand and was replaced by Hans Zimmer.
- Like The Simpsons Movie (2007), this film is rated PG-13.
- Unlike his evil counterpart in Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Rourke is good-natured, kind, friendly, loyal, protective towards Milo. They have a gay but father-and-son relationship and soon-to-be-husband.
- Released the same year as Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, also featuring Jack Black.
- Originally, it was going to be rated R making it Disney’s adult animated film, but Disney refused, said that the studio would not released R-rated animated films for kids. So, instead, they edited down a PG 13 rating by toning the romance and some strong violence down for kids.
- Since the film bombed at the box office, Disney went bankrupt and since Warner merge with Fox, The Lion King remake was now a Fox/Warner Bros film.
- Andrew Adamson’s fifth film, the others were Shrek (2001), Shrek 2 (2004), The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (2005) and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008).
- Despite it was a Disney film, some strong language in the film were used such as hell, damn, crap, shit and asshole. Also, the word fuck is use 3 times.
- Milo is portrayed as the same portrayal as himself from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but there were differences between them;
- During the film’s release, Disney stated that Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise come back to Disney to direct the film again, but their is one problem: Atlantis: The Lost Empire is rated PG while this film is rated. The box office results of the film made Disney lost it’s rights to these film, but it didn’t kill Andrew Adamson’s career as Adamson, John Stevenson and Mark Osborne directed more films.
- Michael J. Fox, James Garner and Claudia Christian are the only actors from the original film to reprise their roles as Milo, Rourke and Helga respectively.
- This was James Garner’s last film.
- Despite this film has negative reviews, the only praising of the film is the voice acting and the ending with the animals.
- The film was released the same month as The Mummy, Cars 3 and Wonder Woman.
- This film contains strong language, mild martial arts violence and some scary scenes. One scene featured where Milo and his friends were in peril.
- Released the same year as Beauty and the Beast, Cars 3 and Coco, all movies were family-friendly and released by Disney.
- Fluffy the cat from the original film will make an appearance in the film
- The reasons why this film bombed at the box office is because
- Blake Clark was originally going to voice Cookie, but one of the staff prefer that
- After the release of the film and poor box office sales, Disney regretted featuring inappropriate stuff, adding strong language and loses it’s rights to The Lion King, Tarzan, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Hulk, Bolt, Bambi, Black Panther, Moana and Brother Bear to 20th Century Fox (which is now merged with Warner Bros Pictures). Also, Disney is so upset that the rights of Frozen were purchased to Dreamworks Animation. Also, Jeffrey Katzenberg head to the studio to apologise to Michael Eisner for all the behaviour he put them through while Disney is, instead of closing down, making more films like Coco, Thor: Ragnarok, A Wrinkle in Time, Christopher Robin and Mary Poppins Returns since The Lion King remake have a different distributor but Jon Favreau, who directed Disney’s The Jungle Book, directed the film.
- The film is set in the USA, however,
- This was Disney’s fifth PG rating, the others were Dinosaur, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Moana.
- Originally, Warner Bros was originally going to collaborate with Disney, but Warner Bros. decided to make a permanent deal with Fox.
- Eli Marienthal reprise his role as Hogarth from the Iron Giant, but he was too old so the makers use unused archive audio from the unfinished film. Marienthal’s unused recording was used in the final film, like Doc Hudson in Cars 3.
- During the Celebration scene, the animals have the same dance move as the animals from The Jungle Book 2 and The Lion King.
Meeting Helga/ Going to Whitmore
- (As Milo look into the book, Ryan looks at the scroll and the map that leads to Atlantis with the shepherds journal)
Milo meeting his friends
- (The gang, including Milo and the friends, head to the submarine at the Ulysses along with the person
- Packard: Attention, all hands on the launch bay.
- Po: Where the heck were we?
- Spinelli: Were headed to Atlantis. That’s for the weekend.
- Preston Whitmore: Milo, good to see you, this is Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke, leader of the expedition.
- Rourke: Milo Thatch good to see you.
- Milo: He’s the leader, you say.
The leviathan/the escape scene
- Milo: what the heck was that noise?
- (The Leviathan’s roars echoed)
- Ryan: Holy shoot!!!
- Radio guy: Attention, leave to the launch bay!
- Vince: What is that?
Red Lion Wildzord attack
- Rourke: Come on, everyone. Let’s head or 12-4 degrees angle.
- Helga: Mark down angle.
- Mikey: I’m hungry I can eat a whale.
- Vince: can’t believe we lost weight for 15 days.
- Helga: Well, quit your darn complain and start working.
- Milo: Guys, listen, Rourke is leading an expedition so please, supervise.
- Po: Is that the least you could do?
- Spinelli: Yeah, definitely.
- (Unbeknownst to them, The Red Lion stares the explorers, while Milo and the gang)
- Cookie: Boy, I’ll be cookin a monster some freaking spaghetti!
- Packard: Prehaps we should eat some pizza.
- (Unaware the gang, The Red Lion, still growling, slowly walk forwards the explorers, with gleaming and menacing snarl
- Po: I would’ve gotten rice sticky dumplings.
- Ryan: (put his hand on Po’s shoulder) Come on, Po. It’s not like we are not gonna get eaten by..
- (The Red Lion jumps behind him and roars; Mole poops out in fear)
- Mole: (hisses at Gretchen)
- Gus: Someone call the police.
- Red Lion: Hello dinners!
- Milo: RUUUUUNNNN!!!!
- Hogarth: I’m right behind you, Francis.
- (Red Lion chases the group, Rourke looks at them)
- Rourke: THERES A RED LION IN THERE, WE GOTTA KILL IT.
- Helga: MOVE! MOVE! THERE IS A MONSTER ON OUR TRACKS. DAMN IT, WE GOTTA KILL IT.
- Rourke : Yippe ki-yay pussy-cat!
- (Red Lion Wildzord roars and kills the mercenary off-screen)
- Vince LaSelle: Take that Red beast.
- (Vince throws a football at the lion who roars)
- Vince: Maybe too much.
- (The lion roars at Vince, leaving Vince running off)
- Red Lion : Well, played explorers. (Brandishing his claws) Game on.
- Hogarth: That way! The cat is no match for us.
- Merencarie: There’s a red cat behind us.
- Cookie: Holy shoot!
- Sweet: Come on Milo. Get movin.
- Gretchen: They’re dead, but we’re got okay.
- Mikey: The horror!!!!!!!!!
- Spinelli: Relax Mikey, there is some big red cat tryin to eat us.
- (The Red Lion attacks on a sailor)
- Mercenaries: OH NO!!!
- Milo: LETS GET OUTTA HERE!
- (Recess Gang throw rocks at the Red Lion, but the lion blasts their hands)
- Red Lion: Where the heck do you think you’re going?
- Helga: HURRY, GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE!
- Spinelli: You heard the German girl, let’s get fucking moving!
- (Red Lion pounces a sailor, Helga pulls out her gun and shot the lion, but the bullets servers his pointy claw, leaving the lion roars at the explorers)
- Rourke: We don’t have enough fucking time.
- Helga: Hurry, we have enough time. Get to the freaking trucks!! Go. GO!!!
- Packard: Get to the building, or shit will be running out,.
- Rourke : HURRY!!! GO!!! GO!!! GOOOO!!!
- (Red Lion murders the person offscreen)
- Milo: Hastia la vista kitty.
- (As Red Lion Wildzord pounces on the explorers, it’s razor-sharp claws scrapes the steel chain of metal and roars thunderously at the explorers)
- Spinelli: Au revoir, whiskers!!!
- Red Lion: This isn’t over, ILL BE BACK!!!
Having camp sex/the burning embers escape
- (After the stories, Milo saw Rourke)
- Rourke: Hello, lovely Milo Wanna sleep in my tent.
- Milo : Sure.
- (The two began to have sex, Rourke humps Milo)
- Rourke : Time to toss your salad!
- Milo : Oh yes, spit in my mouth!!!
- (The falling embers burning the tent)
- (Ryan and the others woke up)
- (The crew watch in horror as the rocks breaking the camp, setting a blaze and set fire to the tent. Milo watches in horror, as his friends were then grabbing him by the shoulders)
- Helga: COME ON EVERYONE! There’s a fire. Let’s go.
- Spinelli: DO NOT CHANGE IT! THE SUBJECT CHANGE TOO,
- TJ: Let’s Get the hell out of here!!!!!
- Hogarth: Ryan, what did we do!
- Ryan: Let’s go, kid!
- Milo: I have to get Rourke.
- Audrey: We can’t leave him, he is a leader but we can’t leave him.
- Milo : Go with the others!!!! I have to save him!!!!
- Audrey :
- (Milo runs as the mercenary was crushed offscreen]
- Helga: Ramirez! We—- MR THATCH WHAT ARE YOU GOING!!!
- Milo: I have to get my friend, Rourke. I think he’s my boyfriend.
- (The rocks pinned one soldiers as the crew escaped)
- Shifu: Dragon Warrior, good job!
- Crane: What we’re gonna do.
- Po: Fist of justice, here I come!
- (The rocks began falling)
- Man: OH MY GOSH, NO!!!!
- (The huge Boulder crushes the guy off-screen)
- Helga: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR THATCH! LETS GO!
- (Rourke gives orders offscreen)
- (The diggers, the trucks and the cars head into the bridge of the entrance. Helga pushes the guy out of the way, to call orders, she glares at Milo, who laughs nervously)
- Ryan: Come on, let’s make a break for it!
- (Rourke looks at Milo who tried to save him.
- Milo : What the fudge am I doing?! I have to get you! Come with us.
- (Rourke looks at Milo in tears, he felt remorseful when he is a little bit hard, and turns his back)
- (Rourke rushes to get the others, the embers and rocks nearly trapped him, injuring his leg, as Rourke lets out in pain. Milo rushes over to him)
- Milo: Rourke!!
- Helga: MILO!!! GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE!!! Thatch!
- Milo: please, it’s the only way to save my boyfriend. He was like a dad to me.
- (As the embers began to fall, Milo stepped over)
- Milo: Rourke, come with us! You’re supposed to lead?!?!
- (Rourke didn’t reply, he tries to get up, but his leg was broken as it was trapped under a rock, he looks at Milo with a trustful smile)
- Milo: (tearfully) Rourke... I love you.
- (Then the embers and rocks fall on Rourke as they crush his bones onscreen, permanently crushing Milo's heart)
- Milo : ROURKE!!!
Rourke’s death/Helga takes place as leader
- (After the event is over, Everyone turns to Milo, who is tears.)
- Milo: I tried to save him....it’s too late.
- Helga :
- Milo : Helga, I can expla
- (Helga heads over to Milo and )
- Helga: WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! Rourke is all I have left! You, Milo, are so incredibly selfish. You’re supposed to
- Sweet: It’s not Milo’s fault! You know that, babe.
- Hogarth: Leave him be.
- Po: Yeah, he just wanted to help!
- Milo: He was my boyfriend.
- Audrey: It’s not Milo’s fault! He wanted to save Rourke.
- Helga Sinclair : Shut the heck up!!
- Helga : Milo should’ve thought of that before he freaking ran off !!!
- (A mercenary put the candle on the sea, Po, the furious five, recess gang and the explorers were sniffing and crying;. His friends comfort Milo. Mikey starts to cry and blow Vince’s shirt. Vince groans in disgust)
- Vince: That is so darn gross!
- Milo: I’ve just wanted to hang out with him. In the future, me and him are gonna hang out after the adventure like father and son on a road trip. We wanted to have kids,
- Helga Sinclair: Since Rourke is gone! I’ll be leading the expedition.
- Vinny: Any questions?
- Helga: Any freaking questions!
- (Audrey raises her hand)
Explore Atlantis/Milo and his friends have a party
- (Milo and his friends preparing for battle)
The furious Five leave the gang
- Tigress: See ya later, losers!
- Ryan: Wait. We just got here!
Milo and his friends’ argument
- Milo : I don’t get it. Why the heck did the gang abandon us?
- Spinelli: Why, your friend Rourke give his life to save you? Helga is being a butthead ever since. She should learn to listen to us.
- Milo : I know a freaking answer while the heck is this. Rourke is my friend and he risk his life to save me. Why can it be Helga who died then?!?. We have enough ninnies in Atlantis alone.